Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion New Harry Potter book

New Harry Potter book

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 22nd, 2005, 8:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,829.00 Points

I came home from tennis camp and I saw the new HP book (HP and the Half Blood Prince) sitting on the coffee table. Now, when the last book came out, I was excited because it was made for my age. Now that I'm older, I'm not too excited to read it.

Has anybody else read it? Is it any good?

I'll probably read it eventually but Hermione really turns me off... [:p]

Post July 22nd, 2005, 8:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

Post July 22nd, 2005, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
I read it, it was pretty good. You really get a lot of answers from it. I'd rate it third out of all of them.
1-The Goblet Of Fire
2-The Order Of The Pheonix
3-The Half Blood Prince

Post July 23rd, 2005, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2005, 5:41 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

^^ you WILL NOT like the end apparently. I wont tell you what happens, as my friend has told me what happens before i get to it and i was SO annoyed.

Post July 23rd, 2005, 5:46 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2005, 6:28 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I thought it was great. And the ending was a big surprise for me. I hadn't expected it at all. Now I'm realy looking forward to book 7.

Post July 23rd, 2005, 8:46 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

yes well, from a personal stand point, reading for pleasure is beyond me, I could think of more boring things to do but it ranks pretty highly on the boredem league table [lol]. Thats not to say I'm not a very good reader or anything, I was the first in my year, every year in middle school to reach the distinction level for reading, I just find it imensely boring and pointless. I think its stupid, with books you are told what is happening and you have to stick to the story in the book, why though? Use your own imagination and think of your own story in your head, I can guarantee that the story you think of will be far more taylored to your own liking [lol]. Why waste energy reading something from a book anyway, when its much easier and much more exciting to watch a film of the book? Not that I think watching films is fun either, what a pointless waste of time that is, you could be using that time to invent something, or do something constructive. Still, I believe this was about harry potter [lol] ... My little brother has all of the books and had read this one on the same day he bought it, because he's a sad child with no life outside of books and his PS2, he said he didn't like it as much as the other books. Still though, Hermione, I would [;)]

Post July 23rd, 2005, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 2,368.00 Points
I think its stupid, with books you are told what is happening and you have to stick to the story in the book, why though? Use your own imagination and think of your own story in your head, I can guarantee that the story you think of will be far more taylored to your own liking . Why waste energy reading something from a book anyway, when its much easier and much more exciting to watch a film of the book?

Usually a film cuts a lot out of the book, or just changes drasticly (War of the Worlds, for example). And plus, you have to stick to the story in a movie, too. And sense I have a picky nature in which movies I watch (except for House of 1000 Corpses) I think most movies coming out today are crap.

And if you think of you're own story, here's a good idea, write it down. But then again, make a movie out of it sense reading is boring.

And what do you think anyone here is going to invent? And by the way Gouldy, or do something constructive, tell me, I want to see how it changed out lives today.[;)]

As for Harry Potter, I haven't read any of the books. I've seen the movies (they're entertaining...but suck in a way) and I plan to pick up the books someday, sense we have all of them up to 6.[:p]

Post July 23rd, 2005, 12:07 pm

Books and movies may be a waste of time, but it is called entertainment. You do it because you want to have fun[:P]

I have always enjoyed reading. I'm a pretty fast reader, so I usually finish one book in a day or two. I started this book one morning, and was finish the evening after. But I don't read that much since it take all my time when I'm doing it.

Post July 23rd, 2005, 3:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,886.00 Points
I cant get into it yet. I bought it last weekend and I havent opened it. I think cause its summer is affecting my reading skils[xx(]

Post July 23rd, 2005, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

I love reading, and I can't wait to read this book, it sounds awsome [8D]

Post July 23rd, 2005, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I read lots of books in the summer, well normally on holiday. I have to take like 3 books with me each holiday but i always finish one on the plane and run out of books there! I dont read often, apart from when on holiday. I did just read "To kill a mockingbird" again though (im covering it for GCSE) and i really like that book. But i often get bored of books, they just dont grasp my attention as much as other things like nolimits do! [:D]

Post July 23rd, 2005, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,829.00 Points

Ok I started and I'm to chapter 4 or so. Anyway I don't like it so far because I hate it when the book starts off with a 'Dark Side' scene like it did in the last one or two books. I like it better when it starts off with HP going to school; Hogwarts is more interesting than any other part of the HP series.

Oh yeah I want HP and Hermione to make out sometime. They need to do that to get out of their wizard fantasy.

Post July 24th, 2005, 6:01 am

Originally posted by jpecool

I read lots of books in the summer, well normally on holiday. I have to take like 3 books with me each holiday but i always finish one on the plane and run out of books there! I dont read often, apart from when on holiday. I did just read "To kill a mockingbird" again though (im covering it for GCSE) and i really like that book. But i often get bored of books, they just dont grasp my attention as much as other things like nolimits do! [:D]

Didn't know ti kill a mockingbird was a book. I have seen the movie, and it was pretty good. So maybe I should read the book[:)]

Post July 25th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

I'll probably read it, even though I don't want to.

Post July 25th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Dumbledork dies! How is he anyway? The tall guy? Some guy called Slade?, Snape, Snide? Whatever

Post July 26th, 2005, 1:48 am

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
Yes i just got the book today, have nt read much of it just starting chapter to, my dad bought t for me. i dont know if i will like i have just read about a prime minister

Return to Off Topic Discussion