Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Nl building

Nl building

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post May 25th, 2009, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

So i have herd of the different ways to build in nl. Like newton, elemtary, fvd, asg. Whats the difference between them and hand building and are there any others that i missed?

Post May 25th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,293.00 Points
ja, das w?????????rde mich auch mal interessieren! Whats the difference??

Post May 25th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
handbuilding is the way you have been using, things like AHG and FVD are things that will help you build a better coaster.
I'm not too up to date on things like newton, elementary, FVD and so on so some one else should explain that
BUT i DO use AHG so i can explain that. AHG works by you building your desired track, making sure it is completely smooth and that it is G safe, AHG will then take that track and bank it so that you will achieve much less dangerous lateral Gs than if you were to do it yourself.
that's basically it, there's more to it but you can find out more about AHG in jimmy yoshi's tutorial
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post May 25th, 2009, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,316.00 Points
Originally posted by Adrenaguy

handbuilding is the way you have been using, things like AHG and FVD are things that will help you build a better coaster.

That statement is wrong. Sure using tools can be quicker and more often than not the coasters are great, but pretty much all the best coasters, such as Thunderhead Falls, Gaia, Atlas & more are all hand made. So I think we can safely say that it's a matter of opinion.
The Ride Factor.com

Coming Soon...

Post May 25th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Post May 25th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Also how exactly do you make loops? Im trying but i'm having a hard time.

Post May 25th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
You're supposed to! [lol]

I still don't know how richardlerwil (bob_3) got such a perfectly shaped, hand-built, un-"banking" loop, (where alot of tooled loops seem to slightly "bank" at the top of their loops).

It's a matter of skill if hand-building...and, well, skill if tool building [:P]

Firstly, do you have re-roll checked where your loop, loops? Now, make that node 180* and always have it angling...you know how loops are shaped, like that, it's hard to actually explain.

Look at some damn loop pics. dude! Just remember, re-roll, 180*, oh and con-roll at peak. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT BETTER? :P
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post May 25th, 2009, 8:03 pm

^Yeah....just add a segment, move it up from a side view and bank it (Rel-Roll isn't necessary) to 180 degrees. It should end up looking like a thin Z from the top. If you need help, insert Buster's prefab loop to see how they are built.

Post May 26th, 2009, 2:17 pm

Originally posted by Supercell

^Yeah....just add a segment, move it up from a side view and bank it (Rel-Roll isn't necessary) to 180 degrees. It should end up looking like a thin Z from the top. If you need help, insert Buster's prefab loop to see how they are built.

I did that and then just played with it a little. Thank you guys for your help!

Post May 26th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points

Post May 27th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by CCJared101

Originally posted by Adrenaguy

That statement is wrong. Sure using tools can be quicker and more often than not the coasters are great, but pretty much all the best coasters, such as Thunderhead Falls, Gaia, Atlas & more are all hand made. So I think we can safely say that it's a matter of opinion.

And Thunderhead falls isnt the most techincally spec track created by far. Heartlining could be a lil better and its not all perfectly radii'd out.

Dont judge a ride by its 3ds when talking about the track itself. I love that ride and Kevins work but his trackwork still could be a lot better.

Post May 27th, 2009, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,331.00 Points
it depends on what you want in a coaster. fvd stands for "FORCE VECTOR DESIGNS" meaning that you input g-forces, degrees of banking, and times to make coaster elements (or whole coasters). newton is a-lot like FVD's, except it is more visual and easier IMO. ASG is Auto support generator. Not a way of track building. You left out the Purg. Nevr tried that tho. With all of these, good handbuilding has become an art. :P

Post May 27th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points
ASG is still in a more or less beta form, so it does have its bugs still (like the most noticeable one, it doesn't make cross beams the proper height).

Purgatorium will basically take an element, and rotate it to your desired position- VERY useful for making coasters almost 100% out of HSAK. It also can create elements like elementary can, but it's not easy to do. Also, it can bank as well, but again, difficult. Maybee if redunzelizer (our fellow NoLimits genius) would pop in here and explain that a bit better, perhaps the cloud will clear a bit.

Newton is basically "Easy FVD's", making the process a lot more visual, and a bit easier to control. The friction settings do have to be played with, as well as the slope/banking types to create a coaster that is shapped properly.

Post May 27th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Hand Made looks like the easiest and funnest form of building.

Post May 27th, 2009, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points
Appearance isn't anything. I get a kick out of making elements using HSAK then rotating them in Purg. Some may also have the most fun simply playing with formulas in elementary.

Post May 27th, 2009, 10:58 pm

I prefer tools for most steel rides, but for wood I'm a religious handbuilder.

Return to No Limits Coaster