Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster NL Contest?

NL Contest?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post October 25th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

So, is it time for another contest for NL yet or what? I'd like to propose a wooden contest if anyone is willing ...

Post October 25th, 2004, 6:25 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,707.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

when the time is right and plans here are settled as you know, we have something in mind right now and need to settle that.

Post October 25th, 2004, 7:36 pm

Indeed ... I just thought it would be a good thing to get in the minds of the slappers out there that like to compete, eh? LOL

Post October 25th, 2004, 7:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i think it would be nice to have a motorbike contest, or at least a contest with one of the new types. But no rush with the contest, week vancation for me, so i really want to have VANCATION [:D] Also i'm too lazy lately...

Post October 25th, 2004, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

can we (the users) make little un-official contests here on wws?

Post October 25th, 2004, 9:56 pm

From what I gather from WWS's response ... I think we will be happy with the result of the things they are cooking and perhaps holding on for a bit may be to our benefit, eh??

Post October 25th, 2004, 11:57 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,707.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

it'll be for the benefit of the community and a greater burden for some, if they chose to accept such burden... [lol]

Post October 26th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Post October 26th, 2004, 7:55 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Lets give WWS some time, he is busy. As for a member-run contest, I........... dont think that would work, never had and there needs to be an alpha-dog, if ya catch my drift [;)]

Post October 27th, 2004, 2:59 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
All you need is someone to come up with a competition idea, and someone who is a trusted rater amongst the community. They post a topic in the forums explaining what to do for the coaster and when it has to be done by, and a list of contestants. Voila! You have yourself a competition.

Post October 28th, 2004, 11:45 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

hmm, I'd like to host a contest, but my parents are so strict with me and the computer, that I probably wouldn't have the time to analyze all the rides fully, (even though I actually do have the time)
But I'm thinking rocket coaster!

Post October 29th, 2004, 7:05 am

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
No... too many rocket coasters already. Woodies are better.

Post October 29th, 2004, 9:20 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Why not have an inverted competition - Pick any of the inverted coaster available in the game, set a few other criteria to make it a bit more interesting. It would be great I think - either that or a duelling competition!

Post October 29th, 2004, 7:10 pm

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

As for a member-run contest, I........... dont think that would work, never had and there needs to be an alpha-dog, if ya catch my drift [;)]

Woof, Woof, Woof! HAHAHAHA

Post October 29th, 2004, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
I strongly disagree with Dirk_Ermen. Motorbike coasters are bad. No inversions, limited cartexture changes, limited performance, a narrow range of coasters, and are generally not too great in NL. (No, I haven't been on one.) I agree with Biggs now... an inverted contest would be best. But there aren't user run constests...

Post October 29th, 2004, 8:16 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ what about motorbike coasters make it where you can't have inversions? Just because its a different style of seating doens't mean its unrealistic to have inversions. Just because Vokema doesn't do it, doesn't mean you can't do it in NL, besides, that's why its called No Limits! [;)]

Post November 3rd, 2004, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 65.00 Points
Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

i think it would be nice to have a motorbike contest, or at least a contest with one of the new types. But no rush with the contest, week vancation for me, so i really want to have VANCATION [:D] Also i'm too lazy lately...

i agree, but i think it needs to have a good environment or 3Ds[;)]

Post November 3rd, 2004, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
Originally posted by Silver Zephyr

I strongly disagree with Dirk_Ermen. Motorbike coasters are bad. No inversions, limited cartexture changes, limited performance, a narrow range of coasters, and are generally not too great in NL. (No, I haven't been on one.) I agree with Biggs now... an inverted contest would be best. But there aren't user run constests...

at least motorbike coasters are something different and original, and I'm sure you could come up with a way to do inversions on them realisticly. i would rather have a woodie contest tho; more fun![:D][:D] it'd be interesting to see if a user-run contest would go smoothly or effectively. who knows...??

Return to No Limits Coaster