Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area NL - Dropout [ianko66] - UPDATE 4-5-09

NL - Dropout [ianko66] - UPDATE 4-5-09

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 23rd, 2008, 2:35 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Okay, well I'm not sure where this project is going but I'm just gonna start a topic for it:

Eurofighter [Unnamed....Yet]
-Launch 65Mph

This is my first time using FVDs (Just learned 2 days ago. THANX Vid_w!) so this isn't gonna be any masterpiece. Just a little project since I'm finally done with the Tight Fit Contest.
First element:
I'm not on my NL computer so things are a little different for me and I'm only able to play with elementary untill I can get back on the NL computer.

Will have more pictures soon!

Also, since I finally got the full version of Sketchup, I need some theming ideas. Ex - Western, Cityscape, Themepark (3Ds of other coasters in themepark setting) Any ideas are welcome!
Last edited by ianko66 on April 5th, 2009, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post July 23rd, 2008, 4:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
That element looks ridiculous! Totally awesome, of course, but insane nonetheless. I recommend making the radius at the top a bit larger, even if it is a eurofighter. Good luck!

Post July 23rd, 2008, 7:26 pm

Thanx.
What I'm shooting for is a totally crazy twisted track thats still in realistic bounderies.

**[Edit]**
Made a little change to the into element.
Just to kick off the ride with the adrenaline pumping.....
Instead of the ride doing a litte pullup after the peak of the element, the track will flip you beyond verticle and dropped into a pitch black tunnel underground. Where the track ends is where the tunnel will begin.
Also, the part where the drop and the helix are across from eachother is quite close but since only one train would ever be running on that element at once there wont be a problem.
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post July 23rd, 2008, 7:50 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
thats so cool, really like the idea, reminds me of steel hawg...
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post July 23rd, 2008, 8:14 pm

Haha, that was one of my inspirations for this coaster.

Post July 23rd, 2008, 8:59 pm

Wait...is this a launch coaster?
Either way, the top of the hill is still too sharp. Remember that you still need to heartline the ride after you get it out of Elementary. The top of this hill is just going to get smaller when you do that, so imo you need to make the beyond-vertical drop go outside the helix. Not as cool, but will be much more comfortable and will probably look better overall. I suppose you could also try giving the helix a slightly larger radius and then going from there.

Post July 23rd, 2008, 9:23 pm

Yes it will be launched

Post July 23rd, 2008, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Honestly man...that looks pretty bad. Even though it's FVD it looks pretty rough at the top...it looks you need more transition time.

Sorry to be a downer but it just looks really noobish.

Post July 23rd, 2008, 10:22 pm

actually, let me rephrase what I said. Its a good coaster idea, but honestly, stick with the first idea. Basically no matter how slow it will go over the top of that hill, you will still be pulling some major major G's coming down it, probably in the yellow or the red. Stick with the first idea, thats all I can say, also, to make things better, make the entire element bigger, just a thought.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post July 23rd, 2008, 10:33 pm

@Jakizle:
That's fine, I am a noob when it comes to FVDs.
I did just learn 2 days ago.....

@asaaa:
I'm sizing parts of the element now to provide more space.

Post July 23rd, 2008, 11:30 pm

That's the thing, it's hard to learn in just 2 days...it took me months to get everything down and learn how every thing I change works, and what the result will be.

Post July 24th, 2008, 11:40 am

@boneplaya:
You think the radius at the top is too small because of how banked it is.
Wouldn't changing the banking to like 40* fix that problem?

**[Edit]**
Oops, double post :P
One more thing, what do you think G force limits are on a Eurofighter?
I'm guessing between -1.2 and 4 .....

Post July 24th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Yeah, IMO that crest is too small... There would be wheel hits...

About the Gs, I think somwhere between -1.3 and 5 Gs...
These things tend to be very forceful...

Post July 24th, 2008, 5:20 pm

Yeah Eurofighters look nuts, the first airtime hill on Speed is probably like -1.3 to -1.5 honestly.

Well you can make the top wider with less force or with a less steep incline, because it the train is going faster over the top, it has to be wider for the same force to be there.

Post July 24th, 2008, 6:24 pm

@Jakizle:
Well, the train wont be too fast over the top.

**[Update]**
Ok, dumped the old formula and re-did the drop.
Banking has been reduced 20* and drop had been angled so there is safe Gs and safely passing by the helix. Where the track goes into the ground is gonna be the tunnel and where it comes out is gonna be the exit of the tunnel. I added an extra picture cause the angle I've been using for the pictures really made the radius at the top look small.
P.S.
Three more things:
1 - The little wobbile in the track about half way up the helix will be fixed.
2 - Would sustaining 4.3 Gs for 1.6 seconds be too much?
3 - This is only an idea, not official yet. But, I have an idea of having the tunnel go under water instead of underground. Which would you rather?

P.P.S.
Once construction is started in NoLimits, I'm gonna move the progress images to my NLDC page, just to save the image-loading trouble for people with slow internet.

Post July 25th, 2008, 5:49 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,738.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

there's still that kink, you going to fix it? [:)]

Post July 25th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

You had better make sure your speed and friction match or you're going to get some killer lats on that. Also use more segments and divisions to define that, it looks really sparse. One last thing, make sure you use a very low filter in the AHG (5-25) so that the banking isn't skewed in the heartline process.

Post July 25th, 2008, 9:40 pm

By the way, less banking will make a steeper incline.

Post July 26th, 2008, 9:28 pm

In sketchup, do you color the blue or the white side? I forgot :P

Post July 26th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Originally posted by ianko66

@boneplaya:
You think the radius at the top is too small because of how banked it is.
Wouldn't changing the banking to like 40* fix that problem?

No I think you think the crest is fine because you're forgetting that you are going to AHG it. AHGing it makes the radius 2.2 meters smaller, and that radius already looks to be about 5 or 6 meters, so a 3 meter radius is what you're going to get out of that. That's REALLY small, in case you were wondering.
No, I don't think that will make a difference. Making the G-forces at the top different will make a difference. What is the force at the top? -1 or so? If that's it, try making if a 0-G hill, then upload more pics. Good Luck!

Post July 27th, 2008, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by ianko66

In sketchup, do you color the blue or the white side? I forgot :P

White, I believe.

Post July 27th, 2008, 4:25 am

Ok, another problem with sketchup.
I colored the white sides with a texture, but now this is what shows:
Pitch black. What do I do?
Plz help, lol.

Post July 27th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,355.00 Points

Cool ride. Where did you learn how to use elementary?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Post July 27th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Well, elementary is very simple.
What you see are FVD formulas in elementary.
A good friend helped me learn FVDs.
Its quite simple actually. Just simple adding and arithmetic...

Another thing, problem was fixed thanks to Jakizle's help.
But, a new problem has come up:
The ladder is all f***ed up. Lol.
Any advice?......Or how to fix it.
It seems like its only the verticle section of the ladder.

This is the object in Sketchup:
To get the object into NoLimits I first export it to a 3D. Then import the 3D into 3D Max. After that I export the object to 3D again (to fix the other black texture problem that came up before). From there the object goes into NoLimits.

Also, is -1.3 too much for an airtime hill? It hits -1.3 right in the beginning and drops to -1.1 right before the exit. Its a quick hill, not really drawn out; 1.55 seconds to be exact.

Post July 27th, 2008, 8:44 pm

if I may ask, who taught you the FVD's?

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area