Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster NL Ratings

NL Ratings

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 30th, 2003, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Recently I realized that the wooden supports generator doesn't have to be used only for wooden coasters. In paticular, if someone wanted to create the feel of a mine ride. Would you take off points for using wooden supports on a steel coaster?

Personally I think it adds a flavor to the ride, and should not be duducted. Especially if the ride is designed in a way where doing wooden supports would make it look better. Now I might take off if the coaster is an ultra huge coaster that doesn't really need wooden supports on. For example, someone put wooden supports on a coaster like Millenium Force, I may take off becuase it just wouldn't add much.

Post May 1st, 2003, 12:01 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I never take off points for these types of things, so long as it can be done IRL (note that I say "can be", not "will be"). If this is what the designer wants, who am I to argue it?

Post May 1st, 2003, 12:11 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,707.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I would only take off if the coaster traveled over 100 mph in bt cuz I think it would look pretty silly to have a super fast coasteron woodie supports, not taking of due to technical; but ust cuz of cosmetics, otherwise the designer is free to do what they want with them supports on any coaster type.
WWS

Post May 1st, 2003, 5:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
I wouldn't take off. Basically for the same reasons Kev gave.

Post May 1st, 2003, 6:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

it would be wrong to take off for anything labled "realitic" as long as it remains realistic. if you want supports like that use the old NL wood builder and disable the rails and catwalks; that way you have steel supports and no stuff that you dont need for a steel track.

Post May 1st, 2003, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Well i think you can use it for a mine ride for example. It also depends on what feeling you are trying to recreate. If you wanna recreate a vekoma mine train for example you can better go with 2 seat trailored and for Mack it would be better to use the steel looping coaster. I also agree with wws on the speed I think if the ride is taller than like 60m it should just get steel supports.
Maybe it can get on a fantasy coaster or if the designer thinks it looks nice and it also does i would't have a prob with it. Conclusion: just use it when you think it adds to the ride experience =]

Post May 2nd, 2003, 5:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
another example of where u would use wood supports is if someone wanted to recreate the gemeni from cedarpoint, that is the smoothest woodie ever, it rides on a steel track so thats why.

Return to No Limits Coaster