Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster NL Simulator problem.

NL Simulator problem.

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post May 15th, 2010, 12:50 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
So I had to reformat about two weeks back, and since then put NL back on my computer and whatnot. Everything is running fine except the sim. Whenever I start up the sim, it doesn't like to stay active I guess? It is still showing but wont let me do anything in it, so I'll just click within the sim, even though it's in full screen mode and it will make the screen flash, allow me to move for a second, and then flashes back out of it.(but still completely visible.) I don't know what it is, I've tried re-installing, I've tried running in compatibility mode, everything I could think of. So if anyone knows of anything else I could try that would be awesome. Thanks.

Post May 15th, 2010, 12:34 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
One easy way to remedy this is just to wipe NL from your system and perform a clean install. Either have a friend send you the application and whatnot, then register using YOUR license (just saying this so I don't get in trouble for attempting to support pirating), or email mad-data and they'll give you a new download link.

That's just what I would do ...

Post May 15th, 2010, 1:03 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,707.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Pirating isn't so bad. Some people deserve to be pirated.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 15th, 2010, 2:22 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

You can download nolimits for free from [url=#]Here[/url] , [url=#]Here[/url] or [url=#]Here[/url].

Post May 15th, 2010, 5:12 pm

Well I have done that. I have reinstalled about three times. One thing I did notice that worked is closing Firefox. Once that is closed I have no issues with the sim. It's rather weird but I don't know.

Post May 15th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Windows 7 tends to desktop-spazz when you load an NL track from the editor or any other "external" source. It doesn't happen that often but gets fairly annoying when it does and causes massive lag spikes. What I think is going on is that W7 is considering NL as an unresponsive program sometimes (while it's loading) and is trying to invoke the desktop and give error messages on NL not responding. It hasn't happened much to me lately though.

Post May 15th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Ahhh, that makes sense. With mine though, if Firefox is open, it happens EVERY single time I try to go to the sim. If I close Firefox, it NEVER happens. So I that's the part I thought was pretty weird.

Return to No Limits Coaster