Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster No Limits 2

No Limits 2

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post October 12th, 2002, 9:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
I wrote No Limits & asked if there will be a No Limits 2 and they said yes there will be a No Limts 2.They also said that it will be released sometime late next year. :)

Post October 12th, 2002, 10:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,893.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post October 13th, 2002, 2:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
That sounds real good, but i don't know if i should believe it......

Post October 13th, 2002, 3:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Phyter over at coastergames.net is working on No Limits 2 with Ole.I asked Phyter if I could give him some suggestion to pass to Ole & said yes.

Here is all my suggestions I gave to Phyter.
--------------------------------------------------------
Me-1st-Suspended coasters.That would be so sweet."

Phyter- You bet! Arrow Susspended type has been on our list for some time now. I'm looking forward to this one myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Me- "2nd-Flying coasters."

Phyter- Both Vekoma and B&M are on our list. Whether or not they'll both make it into the initial release will depend on how much time it takes.
Me-"3rd-4d coaster."

Phyter-Already on the list.
Me-"4th-Intamin inverted 2 seat for Impulses.(Impulses you should be able to set different launch speed like Hyper Rails."

Phyter- More Intamin track and train types are on the list, as are shuttle coasters.
Me-"5th-Boomerange coasters."

Phyter- Same thing as a shuttle coaster.
Me-"6th-Intamin Hyper coasters."

Phyter-You mean a Morgan Hyper coaster?
Me-"7th-Gionavola Hyper."

Phyter-Highly requested train and it's on the drawing board.
Phyter-There will also be several more you didn't mention but we'll keep those a secret for now. As it is I didn't give away anything in what I just said. All of the coaster types above have been discussed on the CoasterSims web board in response to questions about NL2.0.

"------------------------------------
Lift,brake & transport segments.

Me-I think the lift,brake & transport segments walkways should have connectors to the track.Currently in No Limits they are floating."

Phyter-That's a good idea. I'll pass this on. Chances are we will be completely redoing the graphics for NL2.0 so this will get addressed by default.

"--------------------------------------------------
Supports

Me-A cool idea would be to have bolt maybe about every 30ft of a support like real coasters & were footer & supports connect,but have a option to turn them on or off just incase of frame rate."

Phyter-Believe it or not we have discussed this and have come up with a unique solution that will allow designers to be even more realistic looking custom supports."

------------------------------------------------
Tunnels

"Underground tunnel with fog when you enter it.A very wanted thing." :)

Phyter-Rest assured underground Tunnels are on our list and have been for some time." :)
Night mode

Me-"Maybe have a option for night mode."

Me-"Light would be cool to.It would be cool to have lights on our coasters & be able to change them to any color."

Phyter-Agreed. Lights are something that I've been crying for for a long time. As for 'night mode', I'll pass it along. We have yet to fully discuss how the new environments will work in NL2.0.. but chances are they will be considerably more dynamic than mere modes.

-----------------------------------------------------
G's

Me-"Have a G metter.Like when ever you add a track segment in the editor there should be a G metter to tell you what the G's are on the segment.This would be a very helpfull tool."

Phyter-In NL2 the Track Editor and Simulator will be integrated into one interface, so the liklihood is that we'll have some sort of metering within the editor.
----------------------------------------------------------
Inserting track segments.

Me-"I think we should be able to rotate any track segment we insert in the game.This would be helpfull tool."

Phyter-I absolutely agree. Great idea.
-------------------------------------------------
Stations

Me-"Have different station types and a really cool thing to put in the game is to be able to import station music (WAV. types)."
------------------------------------------------ "

Phyter-Music has been discussed, but 'station music' is unique. I'll be sure to pass this along to the others.
--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the ideas! :)

And thats all my idea's.

Post October 13th, 2002, 6:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,877.00 Points

I think, that the game will have Morgan/Arrow hypers, and square Intamin track that were not mentioned. Shuttles could mean just normal coasters that can work differently. One more possible track type could be spinning/kiddie/wild mouse track used by several manufactuers..

But we'll see then.

Post October 14th, 2002, 7:56 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Ok, now i believe you It all sounds really wicked i hope this NL 2.0 will be released a.s.a.p. but i think it takes alot of time to insert all those new track styles and changes to game and editor. But it all sure sounds very cool. I also hope music will give some attention and so track and support colors. I hope you can color supports seperatly. I think we will have to wait a long time before it comes out

Post May 11th, 2003, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

ok, is this No Limits 2 still coming out or is this topic just too ancient?

Post May 12th, 2003, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I would like to get a hold of it! How much $$ do you think it'll cost?

Post May 12th, 2003, 4:33 pm

Post May 12th, 2003, 5:58 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
It might not come out at all either. [;)] It's only at 1.3...you still have 7 more major updates to go before it is really considered not counting 1.31 (if there is one) etc.

Post May 12th, 2003, 6:21 pm

wouldn't 1.3 + 7 updates equal version 2? i thought each update is like, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and so on.

Post May 12th, 2003, 10:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
That was the point. I said there would be at least 7 updates before 2. Each update goes in the order of how much is added. Like there is a 1.262 which was just a bug fix. 1.2 - 1.3 included new coaster types.

Post May 12th, 2003, 10:48 pm

oh, im dumb, somehow it didn't make sense to me[:p]

Post May 15th, 2003, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

actually, I e-mailed ole a few days ago and he said that there would NOT be a nolimits2, at least not yet. He said that there are a lot of coaster sims out their, so his next game will be something other than coaster sims. At least there will still be updates. Who knows, maybe he will change his mind :)

Post May 15th, 2003, 11:50 am

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
so they are saying that we would be able to make shuttle coasters and stuff?, it would be so fun to be able to ride the 4-d coaster and do 360's, that would be the best ever!!=) i think impulse coasters would be fun to.

Post May 17th, 2003, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

There's also a Scream Machines 2 in the works. We just might see two great games get even better in the next few years.

Post May 18th, 2003, 2:18 am

I wounder what track typs they would put in? They all ready have most of the track styles. Maybe a single sitter or even better... KITTY coasters, those are so fun....lol It's not like they have to many styles to do. But then again, they would have ALOT more features.

Post May 18th, 2003, 12:30 pm

Kiddie casters would be amazing in NL. that would be better to put in the next update instead of NL 2 though.

Post May 18th, 2003, 5:59 pm

true, but I think that they would need alot of time to put all the features in. I just can't wait for 4-d coasters. And it would be awsome if they let you choose you conectors, unstead of a beam coming out og the splin.

Post May 18th, 2003, 8:29 pm

Oh, connectors, that would be so cool! I forgot about that, but if they made an update with those, then it would be nice if they made railings and stuff not flloat in the air like they already do, they need to connect to the track.

Post May 18th, 2003, 8:56 pm

ya, I was just looking at that, it looks so wierd. But if that new update has most of the major details that they havn't filled in yet I will be happy, even if it takes a while.

Post May 18th, 2003, 9:08 pm

Yeah, well lets just let them take their time and the game will improve even more than the amazing sim that it already is[:)]

Post May 18th, 2003, 9:24 pm

I hate it how people get something new like an update, and right away they want more. Just hold on, it will come, other wise if they did an update as fast as possible, it would be CRAP!

Post May 18th, 2003, 9:56 pm

yeah, I agree with you, but unfortunately there are people like that

Post January 10th, 2004, 11:27 am

Points on hand: 1,332.00 Points
The (custom) Supports must be connected to the track in a realistic way! Just like Scream Machines! That would be soo cool!

The sounds must be like Scream Machines or the sounds of the B&M coasters in RCT2! That would be al lot better than the current sounds (which is the same as RCT1).

Next

Return to No Limits Coaster