Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster NoLimits And RCT 2

NoLimits And RCT 2

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 9th, 2004, 1:08 am

Points on hand: 2,298.00 Points
I have roller coaster tycoon 2 and Nolimits coasters 1.31
Can NE1 temme a way to import roller coaster tycoon 2 tracks in NoLimits. As far as i know it can only open roller coaster tycoon 1 tracks. maybe if there is a convertor or something...

PLEASE HELP

Post November 9th, 2004, 2:35 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
nope, you can't import rct2 tracks. Also The quality of the rct imported tracks is pretty bad, i'd recommer to take some screenshots of ur rct ride and then create it for yourself in the editor.

Post December 20th, 2004, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 271.00 Points
Bank: 7,431.00 Points

Hey I agree with Him I love some of My designs from RCT2 as in CS changed the coaster physics and what I've done is Import RCT1 files and make the correct changes to make it a better.

Post December 20th, 2004, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

You can import RCT1 coasters into NL -- but Dirk said it above ... they come out REALLY bad. Put it this way -- a rating of like a 9 on an RCT1 coaster will get you about a 2 (from me) when moving it to NL. The amount of time spent smoothing and working to clean one up would be best spent shoving bamboo rods under your fingernails (or starting from scratch in NL and just building a new one.)

Post December 20th, 2004, 8:07 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Yeah, TC's right. Don't even think about importing one unless you're seriously bored and/or seriously want to ride one of those coasters in NL instead of RCT3. (It's way better in RCT3 anyways, but stil pretty bad)

Post December 21st, 2004, 12:20 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

hey, haven't any of you got Rollercoaster rider? i'll try to see if i have the link... it's a program that lets you ride any rct track in 3d... both 1 and two... it worked pretty well, and it was like 10 dollars... the demo only lets you ride mine trains and suspendeds, but the full version lets you ride all the coasters, and even lets you see as many of them at once as you want.... i'm suprised noone else has brought this up....

Post December 26th, 2004, 2:31 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ screw that, just get RCT 3, if any of you read it says
RCT 3 is backward compatible with the user-created coasters from RCT & RCT 2, so any coaster you created in the previous games can be loaded and enjoyed in your new parks. You no longer have to imagine what it would be like to ride the favorite coasters you created.

That can be found on the bottom of page seven in the manual.
No Limits doesn't have to build a new converter, cuz RCT 3 did that for you.

Post January 7th, 2005, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 271.00 Points
Bank: 7,431.00 Points

Well Cool, I've got my RCT 3 and It has so many bugs and the coasters just don't do justice. Since I got my Computer back to its old self HD crash, and upgrades, NL and SM are just great, it's a drop in a hat in looks. I just thought if there was a way I could get my RCT2 designs into NL or SM and tweak the design for the better, I did that with a few of my RCT 1 but the you have to redo all the banking or make the it banked.

Post January 7th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

hey, haven't any of you got Rollercoaster rider? i'll try to see if i have the link... it's a program that lets you ride any rct track in 3d... both 1 and two... it worked pretty well, and it was like 10 dollars... the demo only lets you ride mine trains and suspendeds, but the full version lets you ride all the coasters, and even lets you see as many of them at once as you want.... i'm suprised noone else has brought this up....

It's very crappy though, and I don't think it's even worth $10. Just use RCT3...

Yes, it's created by one person, but still, it's not too great. Just use RCT3. If you really want to see it, then here: www.rollercoasterrider.com

Re:

Post June 13th, 2024, 8:17 pm

Points on hand: 170.00 Points
jayman wrote:

do you still have this program?

Return to No Limits Coaster