Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster NoLimits!!

NoLimits!!

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 3rd, 2006, 7:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I'm still kinda new to nolimits, so im not that good yet. Im just wondering how some of you people make such perfect turns without using some kind of program!! I cant make one at all..Can somebody give me a tip?
Last edited by Canadmos on April 4th, 2006, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 3rd, 2006, 8:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Post April 3rd, 2006, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

^Agreed, but I must say people say you do not need to many nodes just mess with the handles.

Post April 3rd, 2006, 8:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

When I built turns without programs, I use a little hadny 3d object thats a perfect circle. I play around with the nodes and handles until I have the nice shape.

Post April 4th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

you'll get more and more adapted to seeing things like pumping and smoothness. it'll show once you've been usin it for a while and go back and realize how crappy your old tracks are compared to your newer ones.

Post April 4th, 2006, 3:08 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Yea, depending on your learning ability and intrest, you should be able to nail a smooth 8-rated worthy coaster in a year. It really just takes practice and becoming familiary with the appearance of interactions within nodes and such.

I don't suggest learning tools and things like that until you learn how to hand-build a solid track because it really comes in handy later on.

Post April 4th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
If you're placing nodes every 90 degrees of the turn, the handles need to be perfectly straight to the pixel, in other words the orientation of the handles needs to be perfectly in incremeants of 90 degrees as well. The handle legnths inside the circle must be exactly the same, and be just the right legnth so it doesn't pump. Use the grid to help. Also, you can check for unsmoothness and pumping pretty easily by using the ride on track feature. (you don't have to activate the trains, just move around the track)

Return to No Limits Coaster