Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster NoLimits Video Capture

NoLimits Video Capture

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 28th, 2009, 1:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
Whenever I try to use NoLimits' video capture, the file always comes out to be 200+ Mb for 2 seconds.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Post July 28th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

You can't fix it, that's raw AVI footage. You'll have to use a video encoder to compress it down.

Post July 28th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Post July 28th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
i use super c. Its by eright soft. Its a simple interface for converting audio and video. Works on a ridiculous amount of file types.

you could lower some of the file size by capturing video at a lower resolution too i think.

Post July 28th, 2009, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
If you're running Windows try importing it to the movie maker and compile it with adjustable size vs quality settings.

Post July 28th, 2009, 3:46 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
I agree with Real, that is the same software I use.

Post July 28th, 2009, 8:45 pm

Points on hand: 117.00 Points
You can also use Fraps to record your rides. It works for anything else too, even the editor.
The Best Ball Of Optimism and Neglect You Will Find For Miles!

Post July 29th, 2009, 3:30 pm

So I downloaded Super C..... Except I don't know how to get it to work?

Post August 1st, 2009, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
Lol, All I doo ( Considereing I have a 200gb hard drive ( Not very big in todays standards ) but I just keep my raw footage, and just compress it after I have edited my video in Sony Vegas, I usually export to wmv, because I just like wmv's anyway. just import it into your editing software ( If there is a editing software that doesn't accept .AVI then it needs to go die ) and edit it normally, and then just erase the videos afterwards that are taking up the insane amount of space. It works for me. ( Even though my NL folder is over 80gb's =) )
Cedar Point FTW

Post August 8th, 2009, 3:35 am

Points on hand: 1,052.00 Points

Post August 10th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,054.00 Points
HAHAHA everytime Im playing no limits i always seem to capture a video but idk how i did it. how do you do it again?

Post August 10th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 761.00 Points

Post August 12th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 511.00 Points
Can someone help me with this? I press 0, and the URL for the game comes down onto the screen, and the FPS goes WAY down. My machine runs the simulation track at usually 65 FPS, and it gets reduced down to 15. Also, how do you locate what you've captured? I've checked through the AVISimsetup in the NL folder that the captures are being directed into the screenshot folder, but nothing is in them.

Post August 12th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
Originally posted by MontuWillOwnYou

Can someone help me with this? I press 0, and the URL for the game comes down onto the screen, and the FPS goes WAY down. My machine runs the simulation track at usually 65 FPS, and it gets reduced down to 15. Also, how do you locate what you've captured? I've checked through the AVISimsetup in the NL folder that the captures are being directed into the screenshot folder, but nothing is in them.

Thats supposed to happen. Lol The URL is there as a watermark ( It Advertises the game, so when plaed on Youtube or other sites, people know what it was made with, it is a built in Ad, and there is no way to turn it off ) The 15fps, is the magical work of RENDERING!!!! It renders each frame perfectly so the final video runs smooth, though since you have the default setting at 15fps, it will be choppy, go to setup/Other/ and adjust the AVI framerate to 30fps to get maximum FPS for you videos. It will also render at 30fps, unless scenery drops your usual framerate below 30 but the rendered video will always come out the same.

Also, You can find recorded videos in your Screenshots folder in your NL folder under Program files

Click start/Mycomputer/Drive c ( Usually hard disk etc etc ) Program files/Nolimiits....../Screenshots. If you are using vista ask someone that uses vista, there is a setting you have to change on you comp to view the files in that folder. XP should be fine.
Cedar Point FTW

Return to No Limits Coaster