Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion oh,,, yeah..i want to join this religion..

oh,,, yeah..i want to join this religion..

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 30th, 2007, 10:17 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

we can talk all the smack we want on fundamentalists cfristians, and i'm not here to say that some of may or may not be warranted, but these people piss me off http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/642 ... usion.html
if these people believe in god, and that it created us , and gave us the amazing brains we have wouldnt it just be common sense to them that god also made it possible for some of us (like doctors and scientists) to develop the knowledge to save a human beings life , and that such knowledge is as devine as the very life within us,and that to ignore this knowledge to the point of costing a kid his life would be paramount to murder?????
i mean, yeah, i think it's a bummer that born agains are behind banning gay marriage and abortion,and other annoying things but this kid DIED because he was brainwashed by je hos !!!!!

Post November 30th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

You are about to catch so much smack from TJ it isn't even funny... [lol]

Post November 30th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

if these people believe in god, and that it created us

That he created us?

wouldnt it just be common sense to them that god also made it possible for some of us (like doctors and scientists) to develop the knowledge to save a human beings life ?

God made gay people, why does he have a problem with them? Don't ever expect answers to questions like that. No living person knows jack about any true religion or any truth about that religion.

Maybe God didn't want doctors to save lives. Maybe he just wanted them to make pills. Maybe he wanted pharmacists to save lives...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post November 30th, 2007, 11:23 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I totally agree with ya, Jayman. I grew up in that crap religion... they are seriously chuffed up in the head.

Post November 30th, 2007, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

People make stupid decisions based on faith in things they have no proof of all the time. The real tragedy here is that it was a child who was unable to make his own decision that suffered for it. I have studied many a religion, which is probably what led to my being an athiest, but Jehovah's Witnesses confuse me the most for one reason. There are almost 7 million members of the religion. They believe that only 144,000 people will be given everlasting life. Why then, do they go door to door to recruit more? Aren't they ruining their chances for atonement?

Post November 30th, 2007, 11:46 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Whatever happened to the following Biblical verses?

Matthew 15:11 - "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth that defiles a man."

Then there's this, from Matthew 9:13 and Matthew 12:7 - "I desire compassion and not sacrifice."

In other words, it's really not about giving up a lot of things, it's all about where your heart is. And is it just me, or have I noticed that the Bible says nothing about transfusing blood, only eating it? And even then, it might just be a metaphor for violence.

And excuse me for being forward here, but real Christianity isn't about what a group of people tell you to do. It's all about what's written in a certain book. I just finished reading the whole of Matthew a few weeks ago, and I'm shocked at how screwed up our common views of Jesus are as compared to what is written.

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by RRollergod

You are about to catch so much smack from TJ it isn't even funny... [lol]
No, he's not.
JW's are idiots ... no question there or argument to be had.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:37 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
religion sucks balls anyway....whether you're a muslim, buddist, christian or whatever you godlike creature you believe created us.

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:53 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I wouldn't go as far to say that religions are stupid, but seeing many things posted on this site is influencing my views quite some bit.

I need to stay away from here for the sake of my spirituality! [lol]
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 1st, 2007, 1:51 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

This is why im an atheist. Yes tcon let the ragging began.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post December 1st, 2007, 2:23 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Originally posted by B and M

Chill out... Nobody is gonna go ragging on you. Clearly you are the immature one here, TJ knows its fine that you believe whatever you believe and hes not gonna go converting you. You're just that one kid on that one coaster website. There are plenty of athiests here.

Post December 1st, 2007, 2:26 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

I'm immature? Yes because im the one going around calling others immature. I'm just making a little joke you need to chill.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post December 1st, 2007, 2:49 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm not even an atheist, atheists believe in nothing, I don't believe.

As for Tcon, he won't hurt you, unless you say jesus was gay because he went mouth to mouth with judas or something in that direction

Post December 1st, 2007, 4:08 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

I'm immature? Yes because im the one going around calling others immature. I'm just making a little joke you need to chill.

Sorry, maybe my assumption was based off past behavior from you and not just today. I appologize.

Post December 1st, 2007, 6:06 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
its doesnt matter what religion you are, surely a basic principal of religion is that you have something to be happy about everyday, and even in death, whether your christian or anyother religion.

I'm not religious, though i am agnostic, i dont follow god, nor do i deny his exsistance and i respect anyone who does. If this kid died because of his religious belief, then good for him.

though it is one less person knocking on my door...

Post December 1st, 2007, 8:26 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Same shiz as the Christian medicine centers or "faith healing" or whatever that killed a relative as mine just dolled up as a different religion. The sole purpose of those (catholic faith healing areas or whatever) is to funnel donation money to the Vatican and get more out of you from donations than usual by using your sympathies for a relative. It's terrible really. It's also pretty amazing what you can convince someone to think and how dumb people can be based on that as shown by genius jr. here.

The church should stay out of medicine and medicine should stay out of the church. They're two separate things entirely. Trying to make them work together creates the following:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

Those organizations are proven to increase AIDS due to for lack of a better term crappy faith based lessons. The abstinence only education is a total failure in parts of the USA as of now, so I don't see how if it doesn't work here how it will work over there. (look at teen pregnancy rates in school districts that teach abstinence only, they're much higher)
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 1st, 2007, 10:03 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Originally posted by jayman

if these people believe in god, and that it created us

That he created us?

wouldnt it just be common sense to them that god also made it possible for some of us (like doctors and scientists) to develop the knowledge to save a human beings life ?

God made gay people, why does he have a problem with them? Don't ever expect answers to questions like that. No living person knows jack about any true religion or any truth about that religion.

Maybe God didn't want doctors to save lives. Maybe he just wanted them to make pills. Maybe he wanted pharmacists to save lives...

Well God qives us the descision on what to do with our lives. So its not like hes forcing you to believe him or anything. But that does'nt mean that we can just do anything. God made us because he loves us. Dont you think we should thank him. Anyway it makes sense To beilive If you do- eternal life, if not real-nothing
If you dont- hell, if not real- nothing
what do you want +-
or --

Its preety easy all you have to do is beilive and trust in Jesus&God and accept him. The reward, Eternal live. And can SOMEONE PLEASE RATE MY NEW TRACK!!!![lol]

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:05 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
who wants to live forever anyway...

"god made us because he loves us"... how can you love something that doesnt exist?

and if that is the case, then thanks god. But now you should let me enjoy my gift, rather than spending my life worsipping you, because thats not giving me life, thats giving me a means to worship.

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:21 pm

I love how people assume what I am or am not going to say. Folks, I am a preacher and I will tell you it to you straight (and feel free to quote me):
Originally posted by Rev TJ Conwell, Bethlehem Baptist Church, http://www.bbcmarbury.com

"Believe what you want, in the end we shall all have our answers. I simply hope with all of my heart for YOU that the choice YOU make is the right one. I have done my best to inform, and now it is up to YOU. Religion has always been a matter of choice, so "choose this day whom you will serve -- but as for me and my house we shall serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15)."
I have said enough on this site alone to write a book and I feel there is no need to say it over and over. If you have specific questions for me PM them and I will answer you, otherwise, simply re-read my quote above -- the choice will always be YOURS, and don't let anyone else tell you differently.

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I still find it amusing - and disappointing - that the general public is still brainwashed into believing that Christianity supports denying the rights of gays, blowing up medical facilities and all of these other incredibly radical sects.

Have you not heard enough from myself or Tcon? Or is it that all of this vast logic I hear alot of people profess about is really just blinded by your own inability to decifer between truth and non-truth?

It doesnt take half a brain to realize that not all muslims are as crazy as the extremists that perform all these bombings. Just the same it should be when you hear of crazy, ridiculous and logic defying acts such as the one that started this thread.

The real danger is when you let - and believe - the general human race tell you how Jesus would act. You could say "Well how do you know you arent crazy yourself?" and I would reply that Im probably a little crazy compared to the regular human race as well. However, compassion and love moves infront of Jesus - not condemnation and judgement.

Infact, the only condenmnation should come AGAINST the crazy sects of christianity. Most of Jesus "woes" and targeting people was targeting the uber-religious groups who had put their own religiousness before God and others. They had great intentions but their execution was horrible. So really Jesus never targeted the non-believer. He targeted the already "religious" people who claimed to follow God and understood that THEY are the problem - not the agnostics, atheists and other religions of His day.

So again, Im still amazed that the word "Christian" still gets lumped into the extremist category. Thats about as naive as claiming that all muslims are terrorists.

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:48 pm

Allow me to clarify and apologize on the previous page my comment about Jehovah's Witnesses. "They" are not idiots. What is idiotic is how their doctrine continues to shift to explain things that they say will happen, and then it doesn't. So, if I have offended anyone who may be of this pursuasion, I apologize ... I simply do not agree with their founder, Joseph Smith, and those who have come in leadership positions after him who have the unique inability to tell the same story decade after decade.

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

That's not right on so many levels, for a kid to DIE for a religion which started in *the late 19th century*, ....
urm, how can u suddenly invent a religion?
All religion was *invented* of cource, even if *God* DID visit moses and give him 10 commandments, its still someones interpretation of something

I call myself christian, and i may belive in god, but i certainly don't belive in religion
Religion is just another force like the government used to controle people and keep order

Rarwh

Post December 1st, 2007, 12:59 pm

Your comment causes me to question your faith and motives my friend, especially when you use God's name so routinely ... "*God*". However, you are correct in your concluding statement. Religion has nothing to do with anything -- a relationship is what God has always sought to have with us. The word Religion, while found in the bible, has nothing to do with the modern day understanding of that word. It is used as a word that describes "practices", period.

Post December 1st, 2007, 1:04 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by TheArchitect

who wants to live forever anyway...

i'd like to go over 70, not die still a virgin like this kiddo

Post December 1st, 2007, 4:39 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

Allow me to clarify and apologize on the previous page my comment about Jehovah's Witnesses. "They" are not idiots. What is idiotic is how their doctrine continues to shift to explain things that they say will happen, and then it doesn't. So, if I have offended anyone who may be of this pursuasion, I apologize ... I simply do not agree with their founder, Joseph Smith, and those who have come in leadership positions after him who have the unique inability to tell the same story decade after decade.

tj, you goofed BIG time.. study the last sentence.. lol!
and apparntly you got my point, which i guess is these are NOT fundamentalist christians, these are people who have put their faith in a religion that hasn't even been around for a full century yet..
i know christian people VERY well.. and they do NOT pull off crap like this...

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion