Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Perfect Banking?

Perfect Banking?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 27th, 2010, 11:05 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
is there any way to find out the perfect banking for a rollercoaster based on the speed???

Post August 27th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points

Post August 27th, 2010, 11:23 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

not necessarily, im trying to get the perfect banking in Newton2, but before newton 2 came i used elementary (duh). And When i wanted a flat turn i would go to the flat turn wizard, and it would ask for the speed (m/s) to get the banking just right. so actually no lateral force, lol[lol].

Post August 27th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
well technically if your turn was flat...the banking would gradually get less since the train would lose speed due to friction. Either that or your turn angles down ever so slightly to keep the train at a constant speed and then your banking could be the same. Aside from that I don't know if there is a specific formula or method to find the right banking.

Post August 27th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post August 27th, 2010, 11:35 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
For flat turns take the arc-sine of 1/X, where X is your desired force factor.

Example: If you want a 3G flat turn, you would compute the arc-sine of 1/3, which yields 70.53 degrees as your banking.

Post August 28th, 2010, 12:05 am
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post August 28th, 2010, 12:07 am
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post August 28th, 2010, 12:30 am

Points on hand: 79.00 Points
Let me preface this by saying I have no idea what a force factor is, but you're not getting the whole formula. There is a function on your calculator which is called the inverse sine.

which if you have a TI-89 or something similar, can be found by either pressing the "second" button and then the sine function, which will look something like

sin (

on the display screen. Or another way to find it is by going into the calculator's catalog and finding

arcsin(

A personal note from the engineering nerd... the inverse sine function is NOT the same as the inverse *of* the sine function. Meaning:

* -1 (....space filler....) __1__
sin (x) does NOT equal sin(x)

Also, make sure your calculator is in degree mode, not radian. (the setting can most likely be found under "mode" on your calculator)

...or you could spare doing the hand work and just use this: (this is just the search link, you have to find it for your OS)

http://www.bing.com/search?q=coaster+ca ... orm=OSDSRC

Post August 28th, 2010, 2:16 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^The methods you guys are providing are really useless. Banking can be determinded beforehand, but you will need to input two of three parameters. Speed, radius and force will determine how much banking you need. However, this only applies to flat turns.

A simpeler method is to build the turn first, and then see what the vertical and lateral forces are. Then you use the formula:
banking = arctan ( Lateral / Vertical ) and there's your banking.
The nice thing about this formula is that it can also be applied to every turn, not just flat ones.

Here's a diagram to illustrate the function:

Image Insert:
20.56 KB

Post August 28th, 2010, 5:24 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
If you have the vertical and lateral forces you can use the CoasterCalculator..?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QLZUP8Y9

Return to No Limits Coaster