Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines perfect speed for looping

perfect speed for looping

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post April 4th, 2004, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,332.00 Points
what would be the perfect speed(MPH) for a coaster to go at while going through a normal loop without hitting any bad Gs? i'm making a stand-up and i'm trying to not make it look like it's going too slow going through the loop, yet i'm trying to avoid bad positive Gs if it goes around too fast. any help would be appreciated.

Post April 4th, 2004, 5:25 pm
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

the speed you need for a loop depends on the size and shape of the loop. there is no exact formula for calculating the speed you should use. you should however shoot for g-forces between 1 and 0. the best way is to just test the ride with different speeds until you get the g-forces and speed you are looking for.

Post April 4th, 2004, 5:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
acctually there is an exact equation, just like there is an exact equation for calculting every single inch of track.

Post April 4th, 2004, 6:13 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,534.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Of course there is an exact equation, how else do you think the computer works out if you're going fast enough to make it around the loop at all.

???????????????????????????gouldy???????????????????????????

Post April 4th, 2004, 9:14 pm
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

oops, what i meant to say was an exact result from a formula. you will get an estimated speed due to things like the weight of the train with occupants, tempature and friction will vary and change the calculated results. sorry if i cause any confusion.

Post April 4th, 2004, 11:16 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
there are also equations to take into count all that aswell

Return to Scream Machines