Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Person Hops Fence, Killed by Katun at Mirabilandia

Person Hops Fence, Killed by Katun at Mirabilandia

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 22nd, 2007, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

I saw this happen today at Kennywood under the first drop on the Phantom. No collision though.

Post August 22nd, 2007, 11:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by pacoasterrider

Originally posted by SFMM homie

Originally posted by B and M

I hope this guy gets arrested for breaking that girls leg and for disobeying park rules.

You're really stupid.

stupid but yet that's possible with todays legal system, and will probably occur

Probably. And being stupid or just realizing the truth? They still will go after the family im sure. With how messed upt hings are these days.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post August 22nd, 2007, 11:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Legal system is not messed up so much in Europe. I.E. stupid suing does not go on there, yet.

Post August 22nd, 2007, 11:52 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post August 23rd, 2007, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

The strange thing is that the girl on the train did not realize it was a person.

I watched an interview on tv and she said:"I felt a sudden,strong pain on the leg and when I arrived at the station I perceived all the guys that I hit something."

It's incredible....the point she hit boy's head is at the end of the first drop...max speed.
There is a wood tunnel with walls atleast of 2 meters that separates track from people...I'm sorry for him but he has been an idiot!

Post August 24th, 2007, 9:28 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
What do you mean some peoples harnesses have been coming loose. Actually, that reminds me about the other day at busch gardens when my friend's harness unclicked 2 notches in the middle of the ride. Well it was really tight on my friend in the first place. About the harnesses were they B&M [confused][confused][confused]

Post August 24th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points

Post August 25th, 2007, 1:53 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
How obvious it is to not climb the fence. They have placed a fence there for a reason. I really wonder what went though that guys head the few seconds before the collision.

I feel sorry for the rider, pulling 4g with a broken leg is NOT FUN!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post August 25th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
I hope the coaster didn't slow down too much from the accident... Otherwhise the coaster needs repairs, and that girl with the broken leg was to be rescued from the car!

Post August 26th, 2007, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,736.00 Points
Originally posted by indi

I hope the coaster didn't slow down too much from the accident... Otherwhise the coaster needs repairs, and that girl with the broken leg was to be rescued from the car!

I highly doubt the coaster was slowed significantly. It's the ultimate "big truck, little car". I expect Katun kept on rolling along without any major speed change, and certainly without much damage, if at all.

Post August 26th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I bet this guy knew he definitely shouldn't've climbed over the fence. He must've just thought there wasn't a train coming and decided to move quick...He may have just been showing off to his girlfriend though...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 26th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Well show off too much and you end up and you end up with a hit to the head.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post August 26th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
Originally posted by gazag

rules are there for a reason, shurely they knew that from watching final destination 3 where the whole coaster fell apart after a camera stopped the train in the middle of a loop
Im sorry to say but Ive seen the crash scene and that did not happen what happened was that after the train hit the camera, the pistons exploded causing the restraints to go up and almost everybody to fall out

Post August 27th, 2007, 12:22 am

Not to mention the wheeles shot off. Camera or no camera they came off both ways.

Post August 27th, 2007, 3:51 am

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions