Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Port Aventura!

Port Aventura!

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post September 10th, 2007, 1:49 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Hello! [:D]

I'm back from my 3 day trip to Port Aventura, which is an even better park than I thought it was going to be (other than the fact it's in spain (which is too hot (which is not good (because I hate heat!)))) [lol].

Anyway, it was flippin' great and I'm pretty sure I'll go back again next year if we can find another hotel that was as cheap as that, and cheap flights to tie in with the hotel.

I'll upload pictures later on, when I can be bothered [:)]

But for now I'll just say what I thought of the park.

Basically, it's probably the best theme park I've been to, a really ernjoyable place to be and I would recommend it to anyone who can travel their quite cheaply, or even if you can't travel cheaply [:P]. The theming in the park is really well thought out and in some areas of the park, you find yourself just standing for a bit just to take in the scenery. Obviously, as everywhere in the world does, everyone you need to speak to during your stay there, speaks English, so getting food etc, is simple enough. One thing however, was that it felt a little bit badly layed out, whether this is just me or not, you found yourself having to walk for quite a while in seemingly the wrong direction, to get to where you wanted to go, some sort of path across the middle of the park would have helped for my mind. It is though just a generally nice place to be, especially for a coaster enthusiast.

Dragon Khan: 9.5/10

Loved it! I'd never ridden a proper B&M coaster before, such as Scream! and the like, but I was impressed. As unimaginative as this type of layout has become, it was certainly brilliant to ride, which is surely what it's all about! The colour of the supports though, as I've always thought, is a little bit gay [lol]. I think it would look nicer if they were a nice shade of turqoise as oppose to the faded sky blue look.

Furius Baco: 6/10

I never thought I'd ride a rocket that I wasn't impressed by. The lanuch is good, great infact. It keeps on pushing at a constant rate instead of a sudden massive burst of lanuch at the start followed by constant easing off all the way to the end, like on the other 2 rockets I've ridden. BUT however nice the Launch was, this is a HORRIBLE ride. Seriously, I've been on smoother vekoma coasters! no scratch that, I've been on smoother TOGOS!!! [lol] I had no idea that Intamin were capable of such bad engineering, in the first and second corner especially. It's not even rough in a good way like wooden coasters, it's just really unpleasant to ride.

Stampida: 8/10

Although fairly painful at times because of the terrible nature of the restraints, really holding only your waste area but holding extremely tightly, this ride is a hoot! birlliant fun, especially if sitting at the back. The first drop on both the blue and red side, in the back seat, was just amazing, really good airtime. Loads of airtime, plenty of lats and really nice fast pacing all the way to the end. It was a shame for me though about the restraints, becuase they clamp you really tightly in such a small area of your body, it makes you twist in your seat with the laterals! I pulled a muscle in my stomach [:(] heh heh.

El Diablo: 1/10

I think my rating explains it all. Such a waste of time, even though we just walked on both times we went on it, it was still a waste of time. The only enjoyable bit was the little drop of the station and even that was only enjoyable when sat at the back! rubbish! [lol]

Hurakan Condor: ?/10

haha, I didn't go on it, I don't really do drop towers, shot towers I'm fine with, but drop towers mess me up, and after riding Apocalypse at Drayton Manor, me abd Linny decided it would be best for everyone concerned if we just missed that one out [;)]

Tutuki Splash: 9/10

Brilliant! Really good water ride, better than tidal way at Thorpe Park (the only other water ride of this ilk that I've ridden), purely because it had more content and the theming is infinitly better.

Other coasters/kiddie coasters/flat rides/water rides: 8/10

In general, the rides at really good, and really work well for the kinds of people they're aimed at. I can't really remember all of their names, that is why they've come under this final title [lol] But yeah, basically, the park has got something for eveyone and most of the flat rides are a lot of fun! [:D]

If there's anyone thinking about going to Port Aventura on a holiday or whatever, then I would recommend that you stop thinking about it and hurry up and do it! [:D]

Post September 10th, 2007, 1:53 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Nice report gouldy, have you done templo del fuego? That's seriously one of the best rides in the park imo. [pshades]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 10th, 2007, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Shame on you for not riding Hurakan Condor!

Great report though. I think its kind of sad how bad Furius Baco runs, it looks like a pretty fun concept.

Post September 10th, 2007, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,906.00 Points

I went too (which I think he briefly mentioned!)
Gouldy: 'I'm back from my 3 day trip to Port Aventura'
I think he meant to say, 'WE're back from OUR 3 day trip to Port Aventura'

My favourite ride was the carousel! I went on the Buffalo! it was great!
I mean yano the rest was alright! but they're no flying jumbos!
lol
[:)]

Post September 10th, 2007, 4:35 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

WE did indeed go on Temple De Fuego, best flat ride there! [lol]

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports