Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SheiKra...

SheiKra...

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 11th, 2005, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
I was wondering how does the "hold" (i know there's a name for it, i just cant remember at this moment...) at the top of SheiKra's drop exactly work? if you think you know the answer, post it here!

Post September 11th, 2005, 1:22 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I'm guessing that it brakes the train to a stop, then lets go.

Post September 11th, 2005, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I though that they used a chain to hold it but I may be wrong.

Post September 11th, 2005, 2:16 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

It works like the lift hill, but reverse. Kinda sorta like that.

Post September 11th, 2005, 2:43 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

No it uses a backwards chain that holds it and then chucks it down. I think I remembed this right from this thing that John Wardley said on a coaster show!

Post September 11th, 2005, 3:35 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterboaster

No it uses a backwards chain that holds it and then chucks it down. I think I remembed this right from this thing that John Wardley said on a coaster show!

Well, i've never seen an dive machine so i wasn't able to check out how it works. But First i'd always thought a brake, but it's probably a chain and when your on the end you drop? Cause how would it be able to get a curved chain pulling away? so you can roar down... On boomerangs you clearly can see that the whole lift is going to click 10cm down into the spline, but how that would happen on a dive machine? I don't know then.

Intamin AG! (maarten) Where are you! [:D]

Post September 11th, 2005, 9:39 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I can confirm it is a chain that holds the train in place. I got into an argument with someone about this before [lol] One of my school teachersgave me the incorrect information that it uses electro-magnets to hold the train and then release it at the press of a button in the station. However, after actualy looking at the track on Oblivion, there is no brakes at all, just a chain to hold it in place. You can also distinctly here the chain click as the train is released from the top.

Post September 11th, 2005, 10:11 am

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points
Originally posted by Edge

I can confirm it is a chain that holds the train in place. I got into an argument with someone about this before [lol] One of my school teachersgave me the incorrect information that it uses electro-magnets to hold the train and then release it at the press of a button in the station. However, after actualy looking at the track on Oblivion, there is no brakes at all, just a chain to hold it in place. You can also distinctly here the chain click as the train is released from the top.
yeah and everybody in my said class hellavator was slowed down by magnets[lol][dorkhat][dorkhat][lol]

Post September 11th, 2005, 12:10 pm

Post September 11th, 2005, 2:33 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Also whats this all about?

Newest thrill ride for peeps, You go sit in the car and then they will release it on the top, on the very end there is a little jump that ejects the car inside a waterpool [lol]

Nah, it's just to rescue people when the train is stuck, on that way peeps can go slowly down if the train stalled on the lift. Those peeps don't need to use the stairs then because of the big hights...

Post September 13th, 2005, 1:59 am

Post September 13th, 2005, 2:55 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
We had something like that at Raptor. Expect it runs underneath the track and moreless is used as a platform to unload one row at a time. It sat on a track underneath of the train. The people still get to walk down the lift.

Post September 13th, 2005, 7:55 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Do they have those on Oblivion?

is oblivion high? No...

I mean with high coasters, coaster like: Superman ride of steel, probably millenium force too...

Post September 13th, 2005, 10:36 am

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Post September 13th, 2005, 11:45 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by Edge

Your right. But its officially called a "reverse chain conveyor". Its basically a lift chain which is used to stop the train, rather than to lift it forwards. You can here a clunk when you are released on oblivion like you say.

Post September 15th, 2005, 2:24 pm

Return to General Theme Park Discussions