Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Python Nearly Crashes

Python Nearly Crashes

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 13th, 2005, 6:35 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Image Insert:
18.43 KB

The Efteling is having the second malfunction since the new Python trains were installed.
Recently bought from Kumbar, the trains nearly crashed back into the station, when full of riders. The ride started well, but the train stopped on the lift for half an hour, then the train soared down 4 meters and stopped on the start of the lift.
One girl got injured by not following order from the park's firemen.
The Python remains closed untill the investigation is completed.

For more information, click Read Entire Topic below.
Last edited by hyyyper on September 13th, 2005, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 13th, 2005, 6:58 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post September 13th, 2005, 7:51 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
well, some info is wrong, As first, the name is kumbak, Also the story of how it happned is a little bit different...
This is said by someone who was on the ride:

We left we station and went up the lift, after climbing a few meters, we stood still for about 5 minutes, Suddenly we dropped a meter down and stood still again with a rough bang, then we dropped another time, again a meter down and again we stood still. The restraints were now so tight that we couldn't move. And again we dropped again a little bit down. After that some fireman gave us orders and rescued us out of the ride.

When i saw that in dutch as first you'd defenatly can read that the anti roll back came in action. Only on some way it released again and fell more backwards...

even someone on themepark made an avatar from what happned:
[lol]

Post September 13th, 2005, 8:10 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i just typed what i heard, nothing more, don't blame me...

Post September 13th, 2005, 8:46 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

next time, search for more resources about it. It's not always that great providing wrong information [;)]

Post September 13th, 2005, 1:12 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

next time, search for more resources about it. It's not always that great providing wrong information [;)]

whatever, the links are pretty much correct...

Post September 14th, 2005, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,104.00 Points
Interesting. I was just looking at those trains a couple days ago and they looked sweet.

Post September 15th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

I dunno they don't look too comfy although they are a step ahead of the old cars!

Post September 15th, 2005, 3:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,104.00 Points
One thing I like about them is it seems you can actually put your arms up on them

Post September 15th, 2005, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
There's a rumour that maybe some of the rollback-toothes broke off that where on the lifthill, but it's just a rumour. They just recently get busy testing with crashdummies.

So when those tests run good. Maybe it will be open again soon.

Post September 16th, 2005, 4:04 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Solique18

There's a rumour that maybe some of the rollback-toothes broke off that where on the lifthill, but it's just a rumour. They just recently get busy testing with crashdummies.

So when those tests run good. Maybe it will be open again soon.

doesn't suprise me, that thing is WAY old

Post September 16th, 2005, 9:01 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Yeah, correct. Now they got the time to replace some stuff [:D]

But I guess it shall take some time before we really hear what the malfunction was. And maybe we never hear it.

Post September 17th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
does anybody have a piture of what the new trains look like ?

Post September 17th, 2005, 1:37 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post September 17th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

well hyyyper, since you didn't posted it, and it's too bad only dutch news. lemme announce something:

Python is open again!

Dutch link:
http://www.efteling.nl/Pages/NewsItem.a ... me=Actueel

Python rijdt weer
17/9/2005 Vanaf vandaag kunnen bezoekers weer rondjes maken in de Python. Een week geleden is deze door een technische storing uit roulatie genomen. De afgelopen dagen is door veiligheidsinspecteurs van de Efteling zelf, de leverancier van de treintjes en een onafhankelijk keuringsinstituut uitgebreid onderzoek verricht naar de oorzaak. Gebleken is dat ??????????????????n van de drie veiligheidssystemen op de 'lift' (het gedeelte van de achtbaan waarover de treintjes naar boven worden getrokken) met vertraging gereageerd heeft. Een van de treintjes is daardoor twee-en-een-halve meter teruggerold. De inzittenden hebben overigens door de aanwezige back-up-systemen geen enkel moment gevaar gelopen. Er zijn extra maatregelen genomen waardoor het genoemde probleem niet meer kan optreden. Het onafhankelijke en door de overheid aangestelde keuringsinstituut DNV (Det Norske Veritas) heeft deze maatregelen intussen goedgekeurd (gecertificeerd). Bezoekers kunnen zoals altijd met een gerust hart plaatsnemen in de Python.

so quickly said in short:

Python runs again, from today the guests can ride the python again with a safe feeling. A week ago the python had a technical error. What happned was that 1 out of 3 safety devices didn't responded in time on the lift what caused the roll-back of 2.5 meters backwards. The riders haven't been in danger all time because all back-up systems worked. There are things done what should avoid the problem what happened now. The ride has been DNV approved now and riders should be able to get in the ride with a good feeling.

Post September 21st, 2005, 1:55 am

Points on hand: 2,070.00 Points
well thats good but the seats look uncomfy as hell!

Post September 21st, 2005, 2:00 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions