Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Cool new vehicles - environmentally friendly - YAY

Cool new vehicles - environmentally friendly - YAY

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Ive just wrote 7 pages on Hydrogen Fuel cells for some A level SPU (a type of science) coursework (im doing it 2 years early [:D]). Has anyone heard of the new motorbike called the ENV motorbike. It looks awesome, and stands for Emmissions neutral vehicle. It uses hydrogen fuel, or hydrogen rich fuel. This gives off no, or very little green house gases, or harmful pollutants, with the by products being only water and heat!!! Look at this thing, i love it. Its apparently gonna be out as a prototype at the end of 2006, but i severely doubt this. [V] Anyone else seen some cool looking vehicles, which are environmentally friendly? [:D] They have to be environmentally friendly or they suck! [:(!][xx(][:p]

heres a pic of the ENV motorbike.

Last edited by jpecool on September 16th, 2005, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 16th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post September 16th, 2005, 6:27 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

with all these vehicles expelling water as a byproduct, I can only imagine that some freeways will get so wet that cars will start crashing into one another [lol] People forget how to drive in LA when it rains, now raining all the time, I'll take my chances riding a bike in the hood [lol]

Post September 16th, 2005, 6:45 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

with all these vehicles expelling water as a byproduct, I can only imagine that some freeways will get so wet that cars will start crashing into one another [lol] People forget how to drive in LA when it rains, now raining all the time, I'll take my chances riding a bike in the hood [lol]

Hahaha, I know how that goes, its actually amuzing, and actually pretty neat to see those bikes that look like choppers, with the really big mirrors, and everything...pretty off-topic but anyways...[lol]

Post September 16th, 2005, 8:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points

I'd stick to off-roading in an enviormental friendly H2.

Post September 16th, 2005, 8:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Yes hydrogen vehicles may be enviromentaly friendly per say, but the way we get the hydrogen is not. As far as I know, we just extract the hydrogen from natural gas. Instead we should use electyrolisis, where the only byproducts are hydrogen and oxygen, instead of wasting our natural gas supply.

Post September 16th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points

Post September 17th, 2005, 5:45 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

where the only byproducts are hydrogen and oxygen, instead of wasting our natural gas supply.

This is what i wrote my essay on. I found the best way was electrolysis aswell. But this is very expensive at the moment.

Return to Off Topic Discussion