Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Dead Season

Dead Season

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 26th, 2005, 2:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,251.00 Points

help out my budy's band.

they are wicked sic and they need some help from anyone posible.
thanx!

http://www.myspace.com/deadseason1

http://www.deadseasonmusic.com/

Post September 26th, 2005, 2:40 pm

Post September 26th, 2005, 6:26 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

ooh that sucks, I hope they get better. Whats wrong with them?[lol]

Post September 29th, 2005, 9:01 am

wat is ur wrong with you spears freak. lol

jesus, no resppect for bands. u dont like them... fine. just dont act like they'r the worst band ever. hah.
[:p]

Post September 29th, 2005, 6:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

Post September 29th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

Why... For what reason would anyone want to listen to that? i am open minded... but that is just god awefull music! i wouldn't even call what that guy is doing "singing".

Post September 30th, 2005, 12:03 am

wow...i thot higher of the members of wws. i mean, im reallly shocked. thats my good friend's band. i bet as soon as they hit the main sttreem, all ov u will love them. but who am i to say.

Post September 30th, 2005, 12:05 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I only like oldies. I'll never like that kind of music.

Post September 30th, 2005, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
Originally posted by -sOul_CreePr-

wow...i thot higher of the members of wws. i mean, im reallly shocked. thats my good friend's band. i bet as soon as they hit the main sttreem, all ov u will love them. but who am i to say.

yeah, and you thought right, all the smart ppl in WWS dont like it

Post September 30th, 2005, 1:22 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

actually, he said they were sick, and I said that sucks, I hope they get better, but I left it there, because i knew people would think the other meaning. Aren't double meaning posts great? But yeah, your band is not my cup of tea, sorry if that dissappoints you.

Post September 30th, 2005, 5:41 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Same boring 'heavy metal' stuff. Seriously, i really detest music with some guy grumbling like a moron down a microphone, a guitarist with a repitoire or 5 power chords and a drummer who has just figured out what a double bass is. What happened to the musical talent of the past. Now were stuck with bands fron Britney Spears, Franz Ferdinand, RnB and 'Heavy/poop metal.

Also whilst i am on a rant, people need to get a grip and stop calling bands who make it sell outs, so what if they are? Usualy its only arseholes who say bands sellout, people with a brain no bigger than rabbits

Post September 30th, 2005, 10:41 am

yeah wat people dont relize is that those bands that do sell out, are just trying to make a living. also, look how many bands accually sell out.u have to be the best of the best.

and those of u that it doesnnt hit home with, i caan respect that and im not gona shove it down ur thoaght.

yeah, and you thought right, all the smart ppl in WWS dont like it

lol, hope your not talking about yourself.

Post September 30th, 2005, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
I agree with Woodie Man [approve] Viva Status Quo and Army of Lovers! Even me can sing better than this *****

Post September 30th, 2005, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by Edge

Same boring 'heavy metal' stuff. Seriously, i really detest music with some guy grumbling like a moron down a microphone, a guitarist with a repitoire or 5 power chords and a drummer who has just figured out what a double bass is. What happened to the musical talent of the past. Now were stuck with bands fron Britney Spears, Franz Ferdinand, RnB and 'Heavy/poop metal.

Also whilst i am on a rant, people need to get a grip and stop calling bands who make it sell outs, so what if they are? Usualy its only arseholes who say bands sellout, people with a brain no bigger than rabbits

I really don't see how you can say that about metal when apparently you haven't heard real metal. This stuff is nu-metal/hard rock, and is WAY more popular than metal is.

Most people haven't heard true metal though, so I can't blame them for having a skewed idea of what metal is.

http://www.behemoth.pl/downloads/sample ... _Serve.mp3
Now there is a real metal band. Crazy riffs, brutal drumming, and the vocals of course you won't like, but I think you'll agree that these guys have a lot of skill. Metal has the most talented musicians in music, you just have to listen to the right stuff which is hard to find since all the popular "metal" is pure crap.

You won't like it, the vocals are still all growls and you probably just won't like the music in general, but it should change your view on how talented (or untalented) you claim metal bands are.

Post September 30th, 2005, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 794.00 Points
that metal crap is out indie rock like music from the oc (show) is way better

Post September 30th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Originally posted by Edge

I really don't see how you can say that about metal when apparently you haven't heard real metal. This stuff is nu-metal/hard rock, and is WAY more popular than metal is.

Most people haven't heard true metal though, so I can't blame them for having a skewed idea of what metal is.

http://www.behemoth.pl/downloads/sample ... _Serve.mp3
Now there is a real metal band. Crazy riffs, brutal drumming, and the vocals of course you won't like, but I think you'll agree that these guys have a lot of skill. Metal has the most talented musicians in music, you just have to listen to the right stuff which is hard to find since all the popular "metal" is pure crap.

You won't like it, the vocals are still all growls and you probably just won't like the music in general, but it should change your view on how talented (or untalented) you claim metal bands are.

tottaly agreed. i hate the popular metal. its unorganized crap. real music is the music that can completely alter your mood and just plain kiks ass.

Post September 30th, 2005, 5:55 pm

I was literaly laughing at loud at how terrible that song you linked me to was. There isn't words that can actualy describe what i thought on the intro. I couldn't pick out a single word and the rest of the band still just sounded like this nu-metal crud. The only good piece about that song was the classical music influence on the 'guitar solo' Although the beginning of that solo sounded terrible which was then followed by an assecending scale. Difficulty level 3-4 out of 10. The only metal i'd listen to is with bands that can actualy sing...such as Metallica...but of course a true Metal fan cant like them anymore because they are way too popular

Post September 30th, 2005, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Did you listen to the drums at all? Inferno is one of the best drummers I've ever heard, he is insane. Death metal usually doesn't focus on the guitar riffs, but the crazy drumming.

Give this band a try; this is neoclasscical progressive metal, which I think you might have a chance of liking. No death metal growls at all, this guy can sing, and the guitarist is one of the best I've ever heard. Just another style of metal completely different than death metal:
http://symphonyx.com/audio.html

Any song available to download there is great, but I recommend "Inferno (Unleash The Fire)" or "King Of Terrors"... the guitar solos are insane.

Post September 30th, 2005, 6:41 pm

Yeah, i could quite happily listen to them and have infact heard of them before. I'm all for Neoclassical, Yngwie Malmsteen, Micheal Angelo...some of the best guitar work around

Post September 30th, 2005, 7:06 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Personally I odn't think they suck, they would be rating a 6.2/10 in my book.[:D]

Post September 30th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
well i think what everyone is trying to say is they dont like it

Post September 30th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post September 30th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
we all know you are making stupid remarks just so on the member list u can be above me (he told me this on AIM)

Post September 30th, 2005, 7:42 pm

lol^
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I odn't think they suck, they would be rating a 6.2/10 in my book.

nice.^

Post September 30th, 2005, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Actually, I do like them. Not the best, but I still
do like them.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion