Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area New Giant Gravity Group woodie - Update on pg 9

New Giant Gravity Group woodie - Update on pg 9

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Sorry if ive got you looking at this topic thinking their really is going to bea new Giant Gravity Group woodie being built. LOL. Its just my new project. [:)]

Ive made this ride in the last 2 days, and IMO its my best and craziest ride ive ever made. [:D] I love it so far.

Anyway, first i will get your interest with some statistics, hopefully. Here we go:
Height: 192 feet (from water level)
Drop: 178 feet
Angle of first drop: 70 degrees
Length: 4395.81 ft
Max Positive G force: 4.9g
Max Negative G force: -1.5g
Max lateral force: 1.9g
Number of hills offering airtime: 17
Ride duration: 1min 57 secs
Special elements: Pre lift section, Turn over lake, Run through valley. I may also include a restaurant fly through, 2 underground tunnels. I also have a little section with 3 tiny bunny hills taken at 50mph through the rides structure which i really like.

Anyway, theres a few stats so far. Now time for some pics:

http://nldc.interfix.net/p1066

I hope you like the look of the ride so far. I like it, but its not as gooad as i would like. Im going to add some themeing and stuff soon.

PLEASE NOTE: The ride does NOT use reals CCI steel environment. It is my own environment, but i used reals environment as a guide to show me how to do this type of environment. But this is actually my own. It uses my own textures, again based on reals, but i took them on my ride, then edited the colours. I did not use reals environment as the colours were too grey for what i wanted, i wanted it more of a yellow colour. Anyway, thankyou real, I used your read me file in your envoronment to show me what to do. [:)]

I would really appreciate it if you guys told me what you think of the ride so far, and what extras i could add in. [:)]
Last edited by jpecool on May 30th, 2006, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

You forgot the 90 degree banked turn[lol]

edit: Woah, I just saw that turn over the water and it looks way over-banked. how many lats are there?

Post October 2nd, 2005, 4:52 pm

No i didnt, i didnt include it cos i prefer to have laterals everywhere i can on an out & back, rather than having just a few more positive forces. [:D]

EDIT: Its only banked at 50 degrees. That section of the tun only has 0.2 lateral gs. But then it unbanks and gets 1.9 [:D]

Post October 2nd, 2005, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post October 2nd, 2005, 4:58 pm

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,185.00 Points

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by jpecool

Sorry if ive got you looking at this topic thinking their really is going to bea new Giant Gravity Group woodie being built. LOL. Its just my new project. [:)]

Please Read

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

^ Good idea to read the first post...

The ride looks good so far. I like the bunny run. How long have you spent so far on it?

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I think it's great that more people are making GG woodies. We got one coming for Jpe and from IntaminFan. We all really have Real to thank for letting us have different colored supports and track with his enviro.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:41 pm

I would say about 20 hours. Ive been on the computer for ages this week, oops. I got kinda addicted to this ride, as i havent made a woodie in ages, and i love making them. My last decent woody was 20s revenge in round 2 of the match up contest, and that was ages ago.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Do some work with the textures, some of them arent tiling correctly and the walking boards could use some altering so they mesh nicer.

Otherwise, I love seein CCI/GG designs. The more the merrier!

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:42 pm

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:48 pm

Yup. Going back to my roots. Check out my library, half of the rides in their are woodies. [:D]

Real, i will try. Ive only ever made 2 other environments with my own textures, so i still find it kinda hard.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
If you have photoshop or something equivilent you can find a way to split the texture in half in order to copy the one side to the other and mirror it so the lines will line up. Its a tedious process that took me awhile plus you have to take your picture totally zoomed in to avoid any warping. Then making sure you are looking at it straight down is always an issue.

good luck. But do try to fix the railings. The grain should go with the direction of the rails, not across it.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 11:42 am

Thanks for your help real. [:D] I appreciate it. Hopefully this ride will actually turn out with some good textures now. [:D]

Post October 3rd, 2005, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Excellent track work man ... you know where yo find me if you need some more eyes.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 12:35 pm

^ yup. It seems you come into the equation every time i make a new ride now TJ. I either PM you asking questions while i make it, and asking if things are alright. Or i either ask you to test or something. Ive already done the first with this one, and i might end up asking you to test soon. [:D]

BTW, an update. Im not doing custom supporting quite yet. Im making a few 3ds first, like the tunnels, and THEN im doing the supports. This is so i dont end up with supports in the way of tunnels and stuff. And after custom supporting i will go back to making the rest of the ride area, and hopefully custom station.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 3:07 pm

http://nldc.interfix.net/p1066

UPDATE! Underground tunnel has been started. [:D] Theres hopefully going to be a few gardens on that concrete area, and then where the train comes out of the tunnel, i have decided i might place a shop of some sort right there! [:D] So, if i can pull it off, this ride is gonna have a shop fly through.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 3:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
I LOVE IT!!! What happened to the floorless you were working on though???

Post October 3rd, 2005, 3:10 pm

^^ scrapped it. I just couldnt get it going after that turn around. I might start it up again though sometime, but now i have this, and it should keep me occupied for the next month. [:D]

Post October 3rd, 2005, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Thats kool i think i like this better anyway, so whats your idea for name and themeing???

Post October 3rd, 2005, 4:40 pm

I have no idea of a name. Thats where you guys come in!!!! [:D] Themeing, just general park themeing, like pavements etc. No real theme.

EDIT: BTW i forgot to say, most of the hillide is going to be covred in trees. Hopefully custom made trees so they are taller, but i dont know if i will be able to do that yet.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Hades anyone? LOL Cannot wait to see this one completed man.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 5:48 pm

^I don't know how many NL fans aren't waiting for it to be completed.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area