Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 RCT3:Wild?

RCT3:Wild?

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post September 9th, 2005, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

I know most of you have heard about the new RCT3 expansion Wild, which mixes the thrill of roller coasters, with animals and zoo stuff like that.I'm sorry but I'm not buyin itC.an you say lame?People don't want to see animals and stuff in their parks(well maybe in some circumstances...)we want more rides, elements, and roller coasters things that have to do with running a normal theme park.I also am disappointed with the new coasters they are putting in, I mean the seismic coaster and robot arm?When the hell am I gonna use that?For most of my parks I shot for realism, and Wild just doesn't sound like it's gonna help me with making parks more realistic.If, and that's a big if, I decide to buy Wild it's only because of the couple new coaster elements I've seen(dive loop, zero-g roll, and inclined loop)and these will help with realism and stuff. I just hope it's not a stupid thing where only the floorless coaster will get these new elements, and if it is I'm gonna be so mad.

Post September 9th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Well, the only coasters to have inclined loops are the standups. It would be fun to have animals in the parks. Picture this: lions running loose and terrifying small children. Elaphants tearing down coasters. Oh yes that would be fun.[:)]

Post September 9th, 2005, 8:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

there are tons of new stalls and other esencial stuff too don't judge a book by its cover

Post September 9th, 2005, 8:53 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i've heard from a beta tester that there were alot of new elements. Also way more options for realistic tracks. Too bad they don't share out much those beta testers but i'm sure it would be another good update again. And if you don't like to build animal parks, leave those then out of your own parks...

This is really something for me to look out for, i've even seen some gameplay video's already somewhere. Looks really nice [:)]

So don't judge the game now already, have a little patience till they release way more screens from beta people and of cource their own parks. The same was with the underground option that was inside soaked. Everyone said: i won't buy if they don't add tunnels so lot of non buyers, Till they showed the big blast: Underground tunnels. Suddenly way more wanted the game. Have patience, or else just buy it, i'm sure it will be great [:)]

Post September 9th, 2005, 8:54 pm

i don't give a crap about the stalls, stalls pretty much me nuthin to me aslong as it has the essential stalls(drink, some food, restroom, and info)I'm fine.The flat rides I've scene so far unrealistic and crappy. And i do agree with Woodie Man about the animals but tortuing peeps is fun but only for so long.

Post September 15th, 2005, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

i heard the new g-force coaster will be on the game

Post September 15th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i think this is a great expantion pack, it is very realistic to have animals in parks for example ,drayton manor theme park and zoo, also flamingo land theme park and zoo. yeh there british because we love a diverse range of entertainment instead of just rides or just a zoo. the robotic arm is very realistic but it would be expensive for parks to run, not cuz of the ride but the training they'ed have to give there staff. i live near birmingham in the uk and we have a entertainment complex called star city. they had a robotic arm ride there until the program in the control computer crashed and 2 people were stuck upside down, eventualy they asked some tecnitions from the jaguar car factory to reset the program and get them down, they did it in 20 seconds but the systems are very complocated and need properly trained people to oporate it, just lucky the jag cars plant is 300 yards from star city.

back to the point, why complain. they are working there arses off to bring us some entertainment. try doing there job, its not as easy as it seems.

Post September 15th, 2005, 5:28 pm

I know they're doin their job, and that thry can't please everyone, but so far I haven't seen much I like. Soaked, I thought, was an excellent expansion that added a completely new element to park designing, and I suppose Wild is going to do the same, but to me the aniamls and the whole zoo thing doesn't seen to sought after to me.

Really my biggest thing against Wild at this point is the prototype coasters, I know I still have some waiting to do for new screens and stuff like that, but I'm just saying some of the coasters I'm seeing don't look like I'm going to get much use out of them.

Post September 18th, 2005, 8:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Its good to see them putting more effort into the expansion packs. All the expansions for the RCT1 and 3 have so far done a great job of expanding on an already good thing.

I recently installed Soaked! on my computer and am loving it. RCT is creating a trend for themselves, they are taking the game where its never really gone before in a major update. I seriously won't be surprised if they take RCT3 to another level of expansion pack by adding the biggest portion of the modern ammustment park market. The hotel resorts.

Post September 20th, 2005, 7:24 am

yeah with resorts you could make like sweet pools and water parks at the hotels........plus thats a lot more money income for your park

Post September 20th, 2005, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
The expansion goes way beyond animals, you don't have to have them obviously, you can use various other new features there. (the billboards, new track pieces, etc) Of course, I can't speak beyond the screenshots because of the NDA. (so don't ask what track pieces there are, etc)

Post October 2nd, 2005, 9:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,359.00 Points

Post October 2nd, 2005, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
According to EBgames.com it ships October 25th. Could be true, may not though.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 9:47 pm

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3