Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Junior Hyper Comp- Winners Anounced on Pg 11

Junior Hyper Comp- Winners Anounced on Pg 11

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 8:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I'm wondering if these coasters can get medals, because technically this is not an official contest.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Ah ha, someone did rate my track, Mr. Jimmy Yoshi rated, thank you very much.

Post October 2nd, 2005, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,539.00 Points
Bla im in last. haha well i can accept that, now that i look at it i dont have much hope.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 9:13 pm

Will there be a minimum amount of rates needed to receive points for this contest. Like two rates minimum.

Post October 3rd, 2005, 9:46 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I need scream's rate to get averaged out before I can do anything.(2 more rates hopefully, depending on quality) will help average it out to a more fitting rate.

Post October 4th, 2005, 6:34 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by coolbeans326

I need scream's rate to get averaged out before I can do anything.(2 more rates hopefully, depending on quality) will help average it out to a more fitting rate.

mine has also got only one rate....

so ppl, plz do me a favour

Post October 5th, 2005, 5:08 pm

I'm wondering what will happen if Screamo doesn't get the rates he needs. It would be a shame for something that he put a lot of work into to disqualified. C'mon, Screamo needs rates.

Edit: I think it's getting to be about the time to post the winners. One more day Coobeans?

Post October 8th, 2005, 1:07 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
hey ppl who read this!

plz rate my entry, it has only one rate so far!

Post October 8th, 2005, 1:18 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Woodie Man

I'm wondering what will happen if Screamo doesn't get the rates he needs. It would be a shame for something that he put a lot of work into to disqualified. C'mon, Screamo needs rates.

Edit: I think it's getting to be about the time to post the winners. One more day Coobeans?

if he doesn't get another rate by tomarrow, I'll rate, since I never uploaded a track. I was hoping TJ would be able to throw down a rate, but he's busy with other stuff, so maybe some one else can, as well.
*edit* speak of the devil Thanks for rating TJ![^]

Post October 8th, 2005, 2:01 am

^I'm guessing the topic you just posted is a complaint about the 1 rating given by steelblue. TCon reported it also. I was going to report it too.

Edit: Ok, just wondering when you will post the rankings of the contest entries.

Post October 9th, 2005, 10:00 am

Post October 9th, 2005, 12:27 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Edit: Ok, just wondering when you will post the rankings of the contest entries.

Either Today or Tomarrow. Then I'll reward the people a day after I post it, so that way there will be some surprise. IF you win, instead of a notifacation telling you how many points you won.

Post October 9th, 2005, 2:10 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Junior Hyper Competition Results.

Ish - Rampage - Rated 8.78

Judge's Opinion about the track:

This was a great track! The terraforming was good, and the first drop had excelent air time. There was no pumping, but, some of your tranisitions were just to quick and looked unrealistic, so I would suggest playing around with AHG more, or your elementary to find away to keep the perfectness but with a more realistic feel to it. Your support was was very good, but I did feel the terrain didn't add much, although the water was a nice addition the the enviornment, but I think you could of maybe use the terrain a little more at the end. But over all good job!

Hyyyper - Breezer - Rated 6.5

Ummm, you need some more work on your rides. The First think I'd reccommend is stop with the support objects. It looks tacky, and very unproffessional, and therefore instead of eye candy, its more like an eye sore. No Offense. The bat 3Ds Object was a semi-good addition, but it was a little too high off the ground, and felt a little unrealistic for me as well. You had loads of pumping in every turn, some of your last hills didn't have any pumpings, but those turns between each hill will horrible! I don't know what you were thinking when you did that, but it looked ugly, and unrealsitic. Try having more zip through your turns so you have to have more banking, people want to feel the g's anyways, and not the lats when it comes to a steel mega coaster design. Also at the very end, right before you go into the brakes, it slows WAY down and it was quite annoying to see that, and you lost very many adrenaline points with that stunt. Also, don't combine the quad rail spine with the 2 rail spine, its very unrealistic, because you use the quad rail so you don't have to place supports every where but in 2 rail in order to support it, supports have to be every where, so its very contradictory. One Final thing, work on smoothness, pumping, and adrenaline for you next ride.

Delousedcoma - Lake Powel - not rated

The reason why I ended this contest without your track being rated was because you were not a contender for the top 3. Although you did put forth a good track. You had some great air time, and some great g forces. The head chopper at the end of the helix was really well executed as well. But some problems you had were you had lots of minor and major pumps, so try and fix that for next time, just run through the track in the editor, and go back and forth through each node, and if it feels wierd than that means its not smooth, and if the heartliner twitches, instead of flowing smoothly from the heartline line on the previous segment of track, that is usually a pump, although its hard to see when its from a hill, unless its major, but I think you can improve majorly on you next couple of tracks. Another major, major problem you had were your supports. They were completely unrealistic, and they wouldn't hold anything up. Take a look at real rides (and thier support size) and use those to inspire the supports for the ride your working on. It's best if you try to use the same supports style of another roller coaster that is the same type as yours.

Bockzilla - Fire Fly - Rated 8.04

This was a really good ride from you. Some people said that your ride was over supported, but I think that it actually adds to the excitement. The way you design your supports add many head choppers, and make the layout much more exciting than what it would be. It was very well built, and smooth, with occasional minor pumping. You kept your lats down, but i noticed that your turns were very drawn out (huge) and there was very little banking, I think that for your next rides you should try to have smaller turns, and try enducing a very latty (for woods) or very intense turns by using higher banking. But that about covers your problems, now to complement your theming! It really like your support work. As I said in Hyyyper's rate, his support theming looks very tacky, but yours is quite the opposite! It looks very well done, and if there are any problems with it, it would be the blandness in color, but that doesn't bother me. Your Support theming look very nice, and very 3Ds like, and add to the experience. I don't think you should ever go to 3Ds if you were to learn it, because I think the support objects are kind of like your trade mark.

PumpMeUp - LadyCougar - Rated 6.5

It wasn't bad, but it din't rock my socks off, either. One of your biggest problems that held you back was your lack of air time, as you already know. You kinda missed missed the whole point of the competition. You basically gave us taller ride with intamin style track, and then a drop, and then a ton of turns until you hit the brakes! Although your pacing was very good, you could have done your layout better. Also, your lift was to steep, the cars on the train would not be able to make it up that because of how the track is bent, so fix that for next time. Also you had several minor pumping occurances which isn't bad as its a minor pump and doesn't take away from the ride like a major pump does, but you should work on trying to get rid of those. Also you had very many great head choppers, and arm choppers. But the bad thing is, some of those were litterally head and arm choppers, so work on giving your
riders more space between track and supports. Overall not bad though.

Woodie Man - Cobalt - Rated 8.67

Technically this was a very good coaster, there was little to no pumping at all, and the supports were well done, I liked how you had the braks before the lift because if that was suppose to be a hydrolic lift, then one of those would be need so it waits until the catching plates gets it. But to make that a little more
realistic, I would I reccommended a complete stop. Other than that the only real problem I saw was your lack of air time. You had so much potential, i counted 8 potential momens of air, you had 4. And it was all floaty stuff, and not really ejector, except for the first hill. I think you should of had more ejector air
instead of just floater, it was cool though, with the 0 gravity hill, that might have enduced butterflies with having no feeling of negative g or positive g, just basically a real nutural feeling, but you really need to work on getting all your hills some air time, instead of just half of them.

Jan - Twister - Rated 8.28

I'm sad to say, but you your trains weren't long enough, thus giving you an unfair pacing advantage, so you have been disqualified. But don't go away with hard feelings, I will still rate your track so you can learn more so for the next contest, you can have a better chance of winning!

The colors you selected for the train and the track were really good, and they looked great together, so thats a plus, and there was plent of air time in the oddest spots, with plenty of geforces, so it was very adrenaline rushing! Your only problems really came down to pumping. To see this in thise abundance on your ride was a
dissappointment. There were loads of it on practically every turn, and it was like pumppumppumppumppumppumppump, there was no spacing in between pumps, it was just one after another, so mind your pumping for the next track, and yous hould be good. Also a minor thing, some of your supports would go through the bottom of the track which is unrealistic, the only support that should go through the track is the support conntecting to it, and its connecter. But that was your only other real problem.

I'm sorry I had to disqualify you, I really didn't want to, but rules are rules, sorry, but I hope there are no hard feelings.

Screamomatic - Sasquatch - Rated 8.5

This was a very good track, like Woodie Man's track, you had little to no pumping. Some things I would suggest though, based off of the feel your ride gave me, I think your first hill should have been floater hill while the rest of your track should have all been ejector. But it was missing a hill, or 2. I think after the tunnel before it popped into the final helix, there should have been a pop of air, and then after the final helix maybe 1 more air hill into the breaks, sorta like Storm RUnners, but not on the same size scale as it. Your supports were decent, I think you can improve quality on it by using more nodes, and getting rid of wierd supportness caused by using the same nodes for multiple support bars. Other than those problems you had a really good track. Your really improving!

So Here are the winners!

1. Ish with Rampage - http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=8599

2. Woodie Man with Cobalt - http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=8590

3. Screamomatic with Sasquatch - http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=8573

Honorable Mention

Bockzilla with Fire Fly - http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=8601

Jan with Twister - http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=8477

Congrats to all winners!

Maybe Next time I can do an official contest, or maybe just another contest like this, except with more rules, if you'd guys like to!

Did I leave you out? PM me and I'll write up your rating. You have 3 Days to contact me, or if you were in the top 3, you'll be missing out on points!

Thanks to all who rated the tracks!

Post October 9th, 2005, 2:32 pm

Wow, thanks for the comments, I also think maybe my track could've been better. I got third place though, congradulations to everyone else.

Post October 9th, 2005, 9:56 pm
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

Junior Hyper Competition Results.

Bockzilla - Fire Fly - Rated 8.04

This was a really good ride from you. Some people said that your ride was over supported, but I think that it actually adds to the excitement. The way you design your supports add many head choppers, and make the layout much more exciting than what it would be. It was very well built, and smooth, with occasional minor pumping. You kept your lats down, but i noticed that your turns were very drawn out (huge) and there was very little banking, I think that for your next rides you should try to have smaller turns, and try enducing a very latty (for woods) or very intense turns by using higher banking. But that about covers your problems, now to complement your theming! It really like your support work. As I said in Hyyyper's rate, his support theming looks very tacky, but yours is quite the opposite! It looks very well done, and if there are any problems with it, it would be the blandness in color, but that doesn't bother me. Your Support theming look very nice, and very 3Ds like, and add to the experience. I don't think you should ever go to 3Ds if you were to learn it, because I think the support objects are kind of like your trade mark.

First I would like to say CONGRADULATIONS to all of the contestants and the winners. There were some very good tracks in this competition. I am very pleased with making an honorable mention and look forward to meeting up with everyone again in another contest.

Second I would like to thank everyone for the comments on my coaster. I really do appreciate them and do take note of the good and bad to improve my designs.

Lastly, thank-you cool for the kind words and saying that I have a trademark to my coasters. I never really thought of it that way. I just like making things look as realistic as I can with the tools I have available to me. Don't worry about me making 3Ds...I have no real time to learn it and no real desire to.

Post October 9th, 2005, 10:10 pm

^What most people do with 3d's, you do with supports. And that takes time too.

Post October 10th, 2005, 7:15 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I also felt generous, so I gave more than originally stated. No need to thank me (I will find you, and kick you if you don't thank me!!!)[^]

Post October 10th, 2005, 7:22 pm

Post October 11th, 2005, 12:30 am
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

yay, I won...not bad for one week of work, honestly, I didn't expect to win. and Thanks kyle for those extra 500 points!

Previous

Return to No Limits Coaster