Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area New Giant Gravity Group woodie - Update on pg 9

New Giant Gravity Group woodie - Update on pg 9

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 3rd, 2005, 9:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Well since it has no major themeing try a very geniric name for example TwIsTeR (bad name but you get my drift)

Post October 4th, 2005, 12:07 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

I think its good people are showin interest in woodies for a change, but I think people are seein just GG woodies like Hades and Voyage and thinkin "wow I wanna build those". now theres nothin wrong with that, but its so transparent. Assuming most people think the way he's building it is very GG like, its not exactly correct. the supports for one thing are totally different but due to NL its hard to get them right. thats just an example. if you want more guidance on how to build GG coasters look at CCI's. Gravity Group was formed by the 4 main designers of CCI.

and I wanna make this statement out there:
if you think a GG coaster would be smooth with like no jerks, you're very wrong. their form is perfect due to the fact that they do not use beziers to design their rides, but in terms of how smooth it is, it doesn't matter because any rough transition in NL would be smooth in real life. its not like you could be riding a coaster in real life and say "WOW this coaster is rough!" This also applies to steal coasters.

All this I'm saying not as a command to fix yurselves or anything, but as thing to think about next time u get frustrated trying to make your heartlining perfectly smooth or think your coaster will get rated down due to "roughness".

and Jpe lol I did not know that rocks could hang from the ceiling of a tunnel.

Post October 4th, 2005, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by SMer
if you think a GG coaster would be smooth with like no jerks, you're very wrong. their form is perfect due to the fact that they do not use beziers to design their rides, but in terms of how smooth it is, it doesn't matter because any rough transition in NL would be smooth in real life. its not like you could be riding a coaster in real life and say "WOW this coaster is rough!" This also applies to steal coasters.

First, they dont hang, they are cemeted inplace.

Secondly, I do not understand one word you said about smoothness.

Post October 4th, 2005, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Whats not to get. Hes saying that In NL the bumps are much more present because your camera is locked to the track, in reality you have the cushon of the seat, and your body, and the train is TOTALLY locked to the track in most woodies cases. Hes trying to say people are overly critical about the smoothness of a track in NL cus in reality it would be smooth enough....

Post October 4th, 2005, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I can see what SFMM and SMer are saying (I really can) as it applies to real rides in the real world -- but to me it sounds like an excuse to not strive at making a smooth track in the simulator. While that may not be the case, I just think that ranks up there with, "I just did not have enough time to smooth it like I wanted to, so please do not rate down for the bumps."

it doesn't matter because any rough transition in NL would be smooth in real life. its not like you could be riding a coaster in real life and say "WOW this coaster is rough!" This also applies to steal coasters.

As far as this is concerned -- I have one word, Cyclone (SFOG). That ride is by far one of the roughest I have ridden, and no matter what the padding amount, you are still going to be sore afterwards. To back this up ... I am 220 lbs at 6'0" (so there is a good amount of "self-padding" on me to begin with), and I was hurting.

Post October 4th, 2005, 11:34 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I think its good people are showin interest in woodies for a change, but I think people are seein just GG woodies like Hades and Voyage and thinkin "wow I wanna build those". now theres nothin wrong with that, but its so transparent. Assuming most people think the way he's building it is very GG like, its not exactly correct. the supports for one thing are totally different but due to NL its hard to get them right. thats just an example. if you want more guidance on how to build GG coasters look at CCI's. Gravity Group was formed by the 4 main designers of CCI.

All this I'm saying not as a command to fix yurselves or anything, but as thing to think about next time u get frustrated trying to make your heartlining perfectly smooth or think your coaster will get rated down due to "roughness".

Im sorry, but if this comment was directed at me, then its just stupid. Like more than halfof the coasters ive made are woodies, and this is the ONLY GG woody so far. What is wrong with making GG woodies, its not transparent. Thats like saying, people shouldnt build Intamin rockets all the time, because their are the premiere launched coasters too! People build what they are interested in, and what catches their eye, what they enjoy building, and what they think they can make a decent ride with. Im making this because i wanted a go at building a huge woody with elementary.

Also i agree with you TJ about the excuse thing. To people who say they arent going to make their coasters as smooth as they can, because real coasters arent as smooth as they could be, just remember, nolimits isnt real life. You are not getting the real ride experience so things are marked on different things. Im not going to leave my coaster as rough as hell because "It isnt like that in real life." Who gives a rats ass????

BTW thanks guys for being supportive of this project. [:)]

Post October 4th, 2005, 11:39 am

Those rocks can hang on the cieling because there look stuck together with this special crap and stuff. And then the stick it to a wall so yeah they can stick on a cieling

Post October 4th, 2005, 12:52 pm

Originally posted by jpecool

BTW thanks guys for being supportive of this project. [:)]
Always man, always. As far as your comments on smoothing and the excuses ... right on my friend.

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

Those rocks can hang on the cieling because there look stuck together with this special crap and stuff. And then the stick it to a wall so yeah they can stick on a cieling
Yes, thank you for regurgitating what Real said. [lol]

Post October 4th, 2005, 1:06 pm

God i didnt see that i must be going blind Tconwell

Post October 4th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Post October 4th, 2005, 1:19 pm

but at my school everyone had to get there eyes tested and she said i had 20/20 vision so i cant be blind. Unless that nurse wasent really a nurse . . .duhn duhn duhn

Post October 4th, 2005, 5:00 pm

LOL. I have pretty bad vision. [:(] Well its alright i spose, i dont have glasses all the time, only for looking at the white boards at school.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Can anyone think of a name. Im really struggling to think up something that actually fits the ride. If i do get a good name, i may make a theme then.

Post October 4th, 2005, 5:03 pm

like a said something genric because you said you have no themeing or am i wrong???

Post October 4th, 2005, 9:15 pm

Points on hand: 613.00 Points

Hey, for a ride name, how bout something simple, yet ferocious like Beast, or Monster

Post October 4th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post October 5th, 2005, 7:45 am

Post October 5th, 2005, 8:00 am

Post October 5th, 2005, 8:50 am

Post October 5th, 2005, 8:51 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post October 5th, 2005, 9:23 am

Ive sent it to you aswell now woodie man. I hope i got the right email.

Post October 5th, 2005, 1:13 pm

Post October 5th, 2005, 1:53 pm
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

Post October 5th, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post October 5th, 2005, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,977.00 Points

If you would like I'd love to test it. I know what the CCI\Gravity Group coasters are like, I ride the Villain at Geauga Lake a lot every year. It couldn't hurt to have another tester could it?[;)]

bontheprowell@yahoo.com

Post October 5th, 2005, 3:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

I'm also doing a GG coaster so I've got the feel. I can also spot almost any track inaccuracy. =)

coastercraverjim@msn.com

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area