Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Paramount Kings Island & Reals 100th ride!

Paramount Kings Island & Reals 100th ride!

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post October 9th, 2005, 2:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Well, yesterday I took a spontaneous trip to PKI, a park I have never been too!!

I will say there are no pictures, it nearly rained all day.
My 100th ride was on Top Gun.
Son of Beast was closed.

I will finish this report when I get home, still not home.

Post October 9th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Reals 100th ride!
Show off ... [lol]
Kids, get in the car .. it's time for a ROAD TRIP!

Post October 9th, 2005, 3:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Originally posted by TConwell

Reals 100th ride!
Show off ... [lol]
Kids, get in the car .. it's time for a ROAD TRIP!

I can't imagine what it must be like spending hours at a time in a car with you. But I'm sure your kids don't mind. [;)]

Post October 9th, 2005, 3:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
all right, congratulations man, 100 is a big number, I have only ridden 6 or 7.......

Post October 9th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Hey, its a milestone. When I get to 200, I want to do something funny or memorable, lol.

That time isnt coming ANYTIME soon. :
tis ok, means theres lots of coasters still yet to ride.

Post October 9th, 2005, 3:41 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Robb Avissle (alvey for thoseizzle who don't tizzle talk) Has ridden over that ammount, and it is for that exact reason that I want to join him on one of his European Park tour excursion.

Post October 9th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

^^^ When im older i will be able to put a few people up so they can ride english coasters if i manage to get an apartment or something. But thats like years away. [:(]

Post October 9th, 2005, 4:25 pm

Yeah, I would not mind touring with Rob, Elissa and their crew ... that would be a great trip -- but I get the feeling they are a little too "tight" within themselves. Kinda like, "territorial" within their circle of friends -- but they do seem to have some pretty exclusive access to parks.

Post October 9th, 2005, 4:30 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ I'm sure its just a thing of getting to know them. But I would probably bring some of my own friends along, so I wouldn't get ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone.

Post October 9th, 2005, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,672.00 Points
Robb has hit over 500 FYI. Congrats on 100, I hope it was a memorable experience. Too bad it was on an Arrow. [8D]

Post October 9th, 2005, 7:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

you have ONLY 100 different rides??? that surprises me, having you never going to pki is even more surprising. hope you liked it, and dont worry, not riding sob is NOT a dissapointment, your actually lucky you didnt get to suffer threw its pain. WORST WOODIE EVER!!! anyways congrats.

Post October 9th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post October 9th, 2005, 8:17 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post October 9th, 2005, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Elissa has to have more with all teh credit whoring she does...

Congrats Real

Post October 10th, 2005, 12:08 am

Originally posted by CedarPointFreak

Robb has hit over 500 FYI. Congrats on 100, I hope it was a memorable experience. Too bad it was on an Arrow. [8D]

One of the best Arrows I have ever been on actually.

On to the report!

It was spontaneous as I first wanted to go to Kennywood but realized they didnt open up till 7pm. Ridiculous to drive almost 4 hours only to be at the park for 5 then drive 4 more back home. Stupid!

So, I figured eh, what the heck, I havent been to PKI and Im an hour closer than normal since I was at my girlfriends place.

Upon arriving the rain stopped but it was dreary all day, as the entire weekend was. Our first coaster came in the form of the Italian Job.

Its a good, fun ride and I can see how they aimed it at the family. height restriction was low and the thrill was medium to high. I enjoyed the launch and 270 helix as well as the dive from the helicopter scene and into the long tunnel run.

Next up we headed over to Vortex. I knew it was bad, but it wasnt "as" bad as I thought. There was some air in spots I didnt expect and definatly just as much lateral motion as I figured, though nothing too bad to sit through again.

After Vortex we headed over to Flight of Fear. It was far rougher than I thought it would be but it still was very, very intense. The fact that we HAULED through the end of the course and we STILL were braked pretty heavily is astonishing. Had we not been braked like the other 2 outside versions that second half would have been nothing but a blur. We rode in the back seat and it was simply crazy. Rough, but crazy. All around good solid ride.

We headed out and over to Racer where we picked the backwards track, Im always a sucker for these. However, upon getting to the station the trains got out of sync and the ride ops obviously cared more about their RPH goals than the riders fun because they didnt even take the time to get them sync'd up again. Sucks, so our ride was very uneventful as we raced ourselves. Boring. But the ride has a ton of good airtime and while its not intense, the airtime comes at you in nice plentiful floater. Plus going backwards helps.

From here we went and ate. I was sitting at 97 coasters and I was developing a mean headache (later to completely consume me). So we ate at Festhaus where I had some of the worst mozarella sticks Ive ever put in my mouth but some rather good cake and hamburger. The burger was actually quite good in fact for cafeteria amusement park food.

We then continued our journey to complete 100 and we walked back to the Beast. Ive heard all of the stories...how great it was. How not so great it is now. I have to agree, its really fast, really smooth but thats it. Theres no real good airtime to speak up though there are very good lateral moments. The ride just kept on going. I was pretty tired at this point in the day so both lift hills nearly put me to sleep. If one part does stand out it IS the double helix which kicks your butt. It is alot like Legends but taken much faster, just with more banking. Legends pounds you with lateral G's though isnt as fast. I think I like going faster with slightly less G's more. Its a good ride, but as I saw in the videos, once had glory written all over it. Taking away the buzz bars and adding like 3 medium-hard trims will take away its glory. Not to mention making the chain slow down to a crawl at the tops is painful too.

I then got to ride the ride I think I came with the most anticipation for : DROP ZONE.

THESE THINGS RULE! Sure, I had a raging sinus infection by this time and sure, I wanted to fall asleep. But DANG! I wasnt in the least bit worried about the height or the crawl to the top and even though I was nervous with anticipation that thing was awesome. I dont think Ive felt quite an adrenaline rush like that ride gives. It exceeded my expecations and further more makes me say "POWER TOWER SUCKS!". Which I actually screamed on the way down it rocked so much.

Ok, so next after sitting down and realizing this headache wasnt going away we went over to Face/Off. upon looking at it something just didnt seem right about the shaping. It "looked" heartlined. Its a Vekoma, I was pretty sure they didnt start doing that till like, oh, their Booster Bikes but I actually think these things are along with the Giant Inverted Boomerangs. Because it is! I felt very little lateral forces through the cobra roll and I have to say, the ride is GREAT! I loved the face off concept since I sat across from my girlfriend and the entire ride is actually crafted quite well.

From there we headed over for ride #100. Top Gun's queue takes forever to get through, even if it is just one lane. It still takes forever. I got to see the train ROCKET past us and at least get to 90 degree's on the banking, maybe more because the track was nearly at 80 and the trains swing about 70 degrees.

The lift hill was slow and typical to Arrow Suspendeds, it nearly stops half way then gets going again. The drop is great but this ride makes its mark because it HAULS throughout all the turns. It was non-stop swinging once you hit the Hammerhead turn around right over the lift hill. From there it absolutely rips through its course and being in the back seat felt like I was just being throw from side to side with some heavy forces. This is what an Arrow Suspended SHOULD be. Not Draggin Iron. It was a GREAT, great 100th ride.

So all in all the trip was ok. The weather sucked and so did my sinus at the end. What did perk it up was we got to sit in the parking lot for an hour and listen to Relient K play in the theatre. I didnt feel like spending another 20bucks per person to go watch it plus I needed to lay down. My head by this point, along with my body was in serious pain. Luckily Rachel got us home ok and in one peice.

PKI is good but not as good as I thought. If I went back I would go back for Face Off, Racer, FoF, Top Gun and Drop Zone. I really, really hope one of those goes into CP (doubtful) or GL (possible). Those things are just awesome.

Post October 10th, 2005, 12:32 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^Sounds like you had a good time. I'm considering going to PKI later this month. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen.

Post October 10th, 2005, 1:44 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
You didn't ride the Beastie!?!?!
Its a fun little ride.

Congrats on the 100 rides. I havn't even kept count.

Post October 10th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

From there we headed over for ride #100. Top Gun's queue takes forever to get through, even if it is just one lane. It still takes forever. I got to see the train ROCKET past us and at least get to 90 degree's on the banking, maybe more because the track was nearly at 80 and the trains swing about 70 degrees.

The lift hill was slow and typical to Arrow Suspendeds, it nearly stops half way then gets going again. The drop is great but this ride makes its mark because it HAULS throughout all the turns. It was non-stop swinging once you hit the Hammerhead turn around right over the lift hill. From there it absolutely rips through its course and being in the back seat felt like I was just being throw from side to side with some heavy forces. This is what an Arrow Suspended SHOULD be. Not Draggin Iron. It was a GREAT, great 100th ride.

If you liked Top Gun at Pki, you should come ride Vortex at Pcw![8D] Vortex at Pcw is the same layout and everything, but it is now only running 5 cars per trains instead of Pki's 7! It hauls so much ass compared to what it did before.

Post October 10th, 2005, 12:15 pm

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports