Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area New Giant Gravity Group woodie - Update on pg 9

New Giant Gravity Group woodie - Update on pg 9

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 8th, 2005, 11:39 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
ok i will do that but i need to ask my dad or mom if i can get it, or you can get AIM?![approve]

Post October 8th, 2005, 12:30 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

MSN is far supior than AIM, imo, but AIM has all my friends from the "real world" so thats why I use it, you should get MSN, you really should!

Post October 8th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Post October 8th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Msn has my friends from the real world, and from the coaster world. It can get quite confusing who im talking to though. I dont actually have that many people in me msn though, well not compared to some of my friends. I only have like 100 and sumthin people added.

Post October 8th, 2005, 4:59 pm

well AIM is easyer to get cause i tryed to get MSN and its kinda hard and stuff so jpe get AIM!

Post October 9th, 2005, 1:52 pm

***************UPDATE***************

http://nldc.interfix.net/p1066

3 new pictures [:D] Ive worked on this ride alot today. The tunnel has now gone and will be replaced with a new one soon. It had to go as i was changing track work a little. The bunny run through the structure which previously had 3 small hills in a row, now only has 2, due to violent changes in G forces. Terrain has also changed slightly, and so has the brake run and station area. Everything has also been re heartlined.

Keep checking back for more updates. [:D]

Post October 9th, 2005, 2:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

I still don't get why people heartline woodies, All I do is smooth them with the track smoother, It makes them more realistic. But whatever.

Post October 9th, 2005, 2:08 pm

Ive only heartlined it at 0.6 so it isnt properly heartlined. It was just to make sure it banked smoothly. There is only one section that is actually banked how it should be aswell. All others are banked by hand.

Post October 9th, 2005, 2:18 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

GCI and Intamin Heartline thier Woodies, occasionally Gravity Group will have it slightly heartlined depending on speed, and other things.

Post October 9th, 2005, 6:58 pm

jpe looks good why did you take way the tunnel in the last pic???

Post October 10th, 2005, 12:29 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by screamomatic

I still don't get why people heartline woodies, All I do is smooth them with the track smoother, It makes them more realistic. But whatever.

Woodies are not made to be rough by design. Roughness in most coasters is due to the aging process. Since about 1980 woodies made are normally very smooth tracking wise in their first few years. Its then after that that they develop rougher transitions. Its nearly impossible to replicate roughness in NoLimits anyways. The best way I find to do it is to create very small leadins (sometimes none) for turns and hills when needed. This helps create that jolt that most associate with roughness on woodies.

However, I would still say that most roughness since coasters built from 1980 on till now is just time. Its not "built" into the ride. Forces are, but bad tracking isnt.

-JPE Ill get to you on the track in the next few days. I was away all this weekend.

Post October 10th, 2005, 12:38 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

I get what your saying, explains why Wild Beast at PCW is so horribly rough, I rode today and it hurt like crazy, and it stopped so hard it knocked the wind out of me.

Post October 10th, 2005, 12:17 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I still say this turn-around is one of the most disorienting I have seen in NL to date. Having tested it, it ranks as one of my top five NL creations ridden to date (sans those bunny hills we talked about ...).

http://nldc.interfix.net/i6758

Post October 10th, 2005, 2:15 pm

okay real. Thats fine.

I still say this turn-around is one of the most disorienting I have seen in NL to date. Having tested it, it ranks as one of my top five NL creations ridden to date (sans those bunny hills we talked about ...).

http://nldc.interfix.net/i6758

thanks for saying that man!!!!!! [:D] Thats the best thing ive heard anyone say about my rides [:D] YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

jpe looks good why did you take way the tunnel in the last pic???

Well to edit part of the track i had to go back to one of my earlier saved versions. I went back to a version where i hadnt even heartlined yet. This meant i could change the track without wrecking it. I then reheartlined this all again, and i was left with the ride with track work just about done, but i had no 3ds in this version, and no terrain even. So ive now imported the new track into the old terrain, but since i didnt like my 3ds that much, im now taking this chance to change them a little, to fit in with the theme me and you discussed!!!!! [:D]

Post October 10th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Post October 10th, 2005, 4:10 pm

Im not sure. I have work experience all this week, and im currently nackered and its only my first day. [lol] So im not starting them tonight, but i may start a new version of the tunnel tommorrow. Then i will start support work (this will be the most time consuming part as only 2 of the main hills have lateral bracing so far, so i need to brace the rest of the ride by han, so that will take a long time to do) and then on to any extra 3ds like a station, and srrounding areas, to make it look more like a section of a park.

Post October 10th, 2005, 4:12 pm

Post October 10th, 2005, 6:15 pm

JPE - if you havent AHG'd it yet, go with the same heartline of like 0.4 to 0.6 but increase the number of verticies by double or triple. The one thing I can note right now is there wasnt enough verticies to create transitions that I bet were sharper and more abrupt. Some seemed a little to drawn out and still yet it just felt like it needed more to be more accurate.

Post October 10th, 2005, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Honestly JP, this is one of the best I have seen from you. Finish it proper man, there is PLENTY of time -- there is NO rush at all.

Post October 10th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

As far as this is concerned -- I have one word, Cyclone (SFOG). That ride is by far one of the roughest I have ridden, and no matter what the padding amount, you are still going to be sore afterwards. To back this up ... I am 220 lbs at 6'0" (so there is a good amount of "self-padding" on me to begin with), and I was hurting.

I'm sorry I should've made it clear that I was talking about visual jerks in the track when I see you're referring to real life roughness. Thats the kind where the track itself is weathered. Visual jerks, to me, are the kind of things people rate down for in NL tracks. In NL, the quality of the track is perfect cause its only a simulation.

Originally posted by jpecool

What is wrong with making GG woodies, its not transparent. Thats like saying, people shouldnt build Intamin rockets all the time, because their are the premiere launched coasters too!

Also, I don't think you understood what I mean by transparent. I have no problem with people building them (or any kind of coaster for that matter); in fact, I think I stated that in my original post. What I meant by "transparent" is that people try to build them without really knowing how to build them right. Now I'm not tryin to put my mouth where my NL ability is because I'm not even sure if I know just how to build one. Lastly, sorry Jpe, but I don't think a good GG can be made with the elementary. And as far as what you said about "Who gives a rats ass?", if you're gonna say its a gg, build it like a GG is built.

Post October 10th, 2005, 9:00 pm

A good GG can be built with elementary. Tell me why it cant?

Post October 10th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Having ridden Hades, I can say that if you use the Elementary the right way, it will actually make the coaster feel a lot more like a GG than anyone can acheive building by hand. Hades looks and feels as if almost the entire ride was constructed using the HSAK formula. I'm building a GG coaster right now and the underground run looks and feels almost just as real as a GG coaster for the reason that I used the elementary to build the ride.

Post October 10th, 2005, 9:04 pm

since were on the whole CCI/GG topic are they rough???

Post October 10th, 2005, 9:12 pm

go to www.themeparkreview.com and download the Hades video and find out for yourself. Its a pretty clear indication of its tracking.

Post October 10th, 2005, 9:13 pm

man real you always have to do it the hard way you couldnt of just said yes or no. [lol]

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area