Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Flamingo Land Construction (Kumali)

Flamingo Land Construction (Kumali)

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 21st, 2005, 12:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Construction of Flamingo Lands lastest Custom SLC has began, with bits at pieces arriving at the park. There is also rumours floating around about a GCI Woodie coming to the park for the 2008 season.
Click Below to Read More
Last edited by Canadmos on April 2nd, 2006, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 9:01 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Originaly posted by Jpecool

Flamingoland SLC under construction now.
Construction of the new vekoma custom SLC has now started. Track has arrived on site, quite a few footers are in, Bullet has gone [:(] Its not nice seeing such a fantastic schwarzkopf coaster being replaced with a vekoma SLC, but never mind. It better be a damn good slc. [:p] Nothing from Vekoma can rival Bullets backward launch up the spike IMO.

Anyway, you want to see the track!!!! here goes:

As we first thought, the site looks quite small, and the track pieces look quite tight! [^]Im not sure if a version of shelin at Happy valley will fit in this area, and im not even sure if it is going to be very close to the Shenlin layout despite rumours flying around that it is.

Anyway for more information visit http://slc2006.100free.com/Index.htm

Thanks to Gillian from TTF for the pics i posted. [^]

EDIT:

Whilst looking on Screamscape.Com I found these.

2007/2008/2009 - Dark Ride - Rumor - (10/21/05) While attending the ECC trip to Flamingoland over the weekend, it was revealed that the park was planning on adding a major dark ride and that the owners are serious about really turning the park into a major attraction.

2008 - GCI Wooden Coaster - Rumor - (10/21/05) While the ECC visited Flamingoland over the weekend, they were apparently informed about plans to add a GCI wooden coaster in 2008.

Maybe the Safari Ride will be the dark ride, it would be quite cool, but where will it go, they already have the little monsters. Maybe we'll be seeing a new mascot. It looks like the SLC will be the first of many big things to come.

PARK RUMOURS WAHOOOOOOOOOOO [:D]

Things are really loooking up for FL. I think its a good park already, cliffhanger is the best tower ride ever IMO.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 9:08 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Whats witht these people and vekoma? Anyway, because of heartlining and all the cool technology, mebbe Vekoma will actually make this good.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 9:10 am

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
Although the site looks small there are construction markers near the river boat ride, I hope they don't build a shenlin clone.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 9:42 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

does anybody know where i could fin pics of shenlin? cause it has the ame elements as this coaster will have-a vertical loop, cobra roll, and zerog roll!

Post October 22nd, 2005, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Why didnt they be smart and put in a B&M invert[confused]

Post October 22nd, 2005, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Well, I remember this old topic where we drifted into Shenlin stuff. I have no clue what the title is, but I remember how to get to the pictures.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
I agree with coasterkrazy. But I think they are going with Vekoma again because of the success with Velocity.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 11:08 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

are custom SLC's smoother than the clone SLC? Maybe they are because they could of had the trains reingeneered and they could engineer the lats and force control better so you don't get so much shakeyness.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 11:30 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

^The trains and track construction are probably identical to the SLC's, though over the years I am sure Vekoma has improved their heartlining 'skills' and stuff (sorry can't think of a better way to say it lol)

Awesome! I can't wait to see what this ride turns out to be and to hear reviews about it.

Just curious, is this park loaded with money or something? They got a brand new motorbike coaster this year, they are getting this custom SLC next year and rumours of a new GCI woodie....It looks like this is going to be one of the 'bigger' parks that everyone will talk about in the near future if they keep going at this pace.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Great new ride by the looks just a shame about the Bullet!!!

Maybe they are planning to move the ride to a different spot (lol) I wish!

Post October 22nd, 2005, 11:51 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Now alls they need is the worlds tallest fastest rollercoaster[;)]

Post October 22nd, 2005, 11:57 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by owen jay

Although the site looks small there are construction markers near the river boat ride, I hope they don't build a shenlin clone.

they won't... Compare the rcdb.com stats with the shenlin ride:

shenlin: http://www.rcdb.com/id1681.htm
flamingo's new slc: http://www.rcdb.com/id2985.htm

shenlin:

Length: 2201' 5"
Height: 124'
Inversions: 4
Speed: 54.8 mph
Duration: 2:08
G-Force: 4.7

flamingo's new slc:

Length: 2202' 9"
Height: 117' 9"
Drop: 111' 9"
Inversions: 4
Speed: 54.9 mph
Duration: 1:32

it's less fast, it doesn't have the same hight, and a way shorter duration...

Post October 22nd, 2005, 12:35 pm

Post October 22nd, 2005, 12:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
except for the fact that the first one is more than 30 seconds longer

Post October 22nd, 2005, 1:19 pm

Post October 22nd, 2005, 3:17 pm

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

^The trains and track construction are probably identical to the SLC's, though over the years I am sure Vekoma has improved their heartlining 'skills' and stuff (sorry can't think of a better way to say it lol)

Awesome! I can't wait to see what this ride turns out to be and to hear reviews about it.

Just curious, is this park loaded with money or something? They got a brand new motorbike coaster this year, they are getting this custom SLC next year and rumours of a new GCI woodie....It looks like this is going to be one of the 'bigger' parks that everyone will talk about in the near future if they keep going at this pace.

They own 2 theme parks in this country. They own flamingoland and Pleasure Island (my local park with the most awesome S&S double shot ever. The airtime is insane as the tower doesnt even reach 90 foot yet you are still shot up at 50mph) which to be fair are quite small parks. Pleasure Island only has one major coaster which is a boomerang from Vekoma, but they have some awesome flats including a rare Huss Fly away which they used to operate both forwards and backwards until rumours of people passing out. I dont believe them but hey. [|)]They also have a crazy topspin called Terror Rack which i have shown a video of on this site before. Anyway flamingoland is a growing park, they seem to have suddenly come into a lot of money. o my knowledge they have actually been saving for a while, and they are using money earnt from both parks to improve flamingoland. They want to get rid of their permanant fairground look, and put in some new awesome rides, and i must say they are succeeding. Velocity isnt my favourite ride, but i still enjoy it, and i would visit flamingoland any day just for another ride on Cliff hanger! They really are improving the park.

Pleasure Island on the other hand, well, its been neglected really for the past few years, their last new ride was Pendulus 3 years or so ago! A huss frissbee for anyone who wants to know. Its an awesome ride, as PI dont care if they make people sick, they run everything as carzily as they can until someone complains, people are often sick on Pendulus, and the ride ops just put a few buckets of water on the ride, and set it going and it washes itself! [lol] But they have also just finsihed runnign a competition where local kids (inclduing myself) design rides and enter them and if they are good they are considering building stuff like it. I believe the contest is just about over, and only for people where i live (Lincoln, Scunny, Grimsby, sunny ole Hull, Cleethopes, and skeggy!!!! YAY) but yeah they are building a new ride at PI for 2007. So it seems the whole company have come into a lot of money. [:)]

I also heard a few rumours of a safari Giraffe ride on the Magnum Force site when it goes. This is crazy as the Bullet and Magnum Force are awesome coasters, but what can ya do? [V]Anyway if theres any chance of getting a woody near me, fine! [:D] I like living near Yorkshire and Hull, even if im surrounded by the accent!!!! [:p]

EDIT: Anyone else heard rumours of the new SLC being themed around ruins of some sort? I cant wait!!!!! [:D]

Post October 22nd, 2005, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
Don't Flamingoland make around 20 million a year without expenses. Anyway I think that Velocity on cost about 3.5 million and SLC aren't that expensive are they? The most expensive one I know of is Jubilee Odessey but thats a very custom design.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 4:09 pm

If you want to find out more on flamingoland visit http://www.flamingolandforce.tk/ which is the only (decent) fan site of flamingoland.

Yes sir coasterlot, Odyssey cost like ?????????26million apparently, but Fantasy island (also my local park) released some very bizarre figures for that ride so i dont believe it at all. They reckoned it was 260 feet high and they reckoned it had 6 inversions, hmm weird! ????? lol.

BTW a standard SLC in 1998 cost around $10million

Post October 23rd, 2005, 8:17 am

Points on hand: 2,360.00 Points

Wow! I have to get myself to Flamingo Land when this opens! Sure, it might be replacing Bullet, but really, look what Flamingo Land is going for? A Theme Park to knock Alton off top!

Phil :)

Post October 23rd, 2005, 8:23 am

i think its going to be a while before alton goes anywhere behind flamingoland...i havnt been to the parl but knowing of air,nemesis,oblivion,and rita its gunna take a hell of an SLC to top any of those(maybe oblivion) and even one heck of a woodie(if true) Living fromt he US standpoint i dont see that happening...but hey i could be wrong

Post October 23rd, 2005, 8:59 am

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I definatly think we will see a woodie at FL they have the space for one.

Post October 23rd, 2005, 9:27 am

I would love to see Alton off the top but I don't want Flamingo Land to get any busier!

I still think that the Bullet could never be replaced even by another Schwarzkopf!

Post October 23rd, 2005, 9:47 am

I dont want alton off the top. That would mean we would see less rides being built there, and that means we would have less original rides. Alton are top beacuse of the unqiue attractions there, can any other park in the world say they have a B&M inverter built in a pit with blood water falls around it and awesome themeing? Can any other park say they have a ride that drops 100 foot under ground entering the tunnel at 87.5 degrees? Altons awesome, it wont get knocked off the top spot in the near future, and if it did, it would be by thorpe, no other park is in the running at the moment in the UK.

Flamingoland is growing rapidly though, it has huge amounts of space, and doesnt sufffer from too many restrictions. They got to build cliffhanger which is 56 metres as long as they took the themeing off the top of the tower.

YAY cliffhanger

Say bye to bullet guys, it was an awesome ride [:(]
They are my own pics btw so dont use them lol.

Anyway IMO flamingoland is a really nice park. As i say it has lots of space so can really expand. They have the whole zoo area aswell which helps as lots of families go for that too. I reckon they could really become one of the UKs top parks, with a little TLC, which it seems the whole park is getting. But it will take lots of work, and lots of money. For a start off they will need another coaster after the SLC IMO. Just to make it a better park with more pull power.

EDIT: I just sent flamingoland an email (they must be tired of me im telling you) asking whether the rumour of a new wooden coaster from GCI has an element of truth behind it. I kind of tried to persuade them to tell me if there was by saying if it was true it would greatly persuade lots of us from a certain website to visit in a huge trip and spend lots of money at the park. YAY lol. [:p][:p]

Post October 23rd, 2005, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 2,360.00 Points

I agree with you Jpecool, all i was saying was that is what they want to achieve as a park. Whether they do that or not is a different matter altogether.

Phil [:)]

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions