Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Gerstlauer Eurofighter -> Tsunami

Gerstlauer Eurofighter -> Tsunami

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Does anyone know why Gerstlauer changed the name of the Eurofighter into Tsunami Coaster? I think it's stupid, after what happened last year

http://www.rcdb.com/nl/m/model307.htm
Last edited by ExTraxYz on October 22nd, 2005, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:08 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
dunno, i do know there was a wooden coaster being build with the name tsunami, which had his name changed,
ppl care less for model names, cos nobody of the GP gets to know them,

and do you think we should rename every ride that has got something to do with eartquake, because of what happend in pakistan?

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
My first though was that they were trying to differentiate between Typhoon and Vild-Svinet, but then I checked both of those coasters out and they are both called Tsunami Coaster Model . So I really have no idea why they did that. I don't really care though, but I wonder if NL will change the title of that coaster style.

Post October 23rd, 2005, 7:09 am

Points on hand: 5,877.00 Points

They're selling it as Tsunami in USA, but the Eurofigter name is used in Europe.

Post October 23rd, 2005, 11:23 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Please dont even tell me that using the name Tsunami is a problem...

That is the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard. What about coasters called tornado? or hurricane? They cause death and destruction all over the world. Dont give me the numbers, Im well aware that tsunamis cause a ton of damage and death at one time but death is death. Whether its one person or 100,000, it could offend someone.

The whole Politically Correct issue reguarding this is STUPID. If you get upset about that, you need to check yourself. There are tons of coaster names and for that matter, just names of things that relate to mass death and destruction. I see nothing wrong with this.

Post October 23rd, 2005, 11:57 am

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Please dont even tell me that using the name Tsunami is a problem...

That is the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard. What about coasters called tornado? or hurricane? They cause death and destruction all over the world. Dont give me the numbers, Im well aware that tsunamis cause a ton of damage and death at one time but death is death. Whether its one person or 100,000, it could offend someone.

The whole Politically Correct issue reguarding this is STUPID. If you get upset about that, you need to check yourself. There are tons of coaster names and for that matter, just names of things that relate to mass death and destruction. I see nothing wrong with this.

I'm not saying that it's a problem, I just think it's stupid that 2 coasters get their name 'Tsunami' changed because of the tsunami last year, and Gerstlauer is changing a coaster model's name into Tsunami.

Post October 23rd, 2005, 9:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Yea, it was a general plea to anyone who has to make everything so PC. I hate PC. It really gets under my skin - and that takes alot.

I liked the Eurofighter name. Each park can do what they want. If they want to be PC, they can. I think its stupid. But I give Gerstlauer some credit for venturing into the unknown! Actually, It would only be in America that we get so PC.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions