Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Coaster Convention !!!

Coaster Convention !!!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Coaster Convention !!!

YES!!!
61%
NO
11%
Yes if possible!!!
29%

Total votes : 28

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Ok rubbishy title but I would really want to know the answer to this!!!! [worship]

I want to know how many people would be interested in a show or confrence or whatever you want to call it!

With like theme park managers and desginers giving speaches and showing new stuff along with merchendise e.t.c

(If I get more than 100 YES !!! then you might see where I'm going)
Last edited by coasterboaster on October 24th, 2005, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:20 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
you mean like the IAAP, all manufactors have their own booth and then go show off what create and what their new stuff is [:)]

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:25 pm

Yeah sort of like a mixture of that, and a talk with designers so you can ask questions e.t.c

If I did do something it would be nothing like the size of the IAAP conventions I was meaning for something more the size of a fairly big audotorium!

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Depends where etc.

But do you really think you can make this happen?

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Not a clue, but its worth looking into it if people want it to happen!

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:38 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

ACE members got a Q&A session with the designers at GCII this year at the Spring Conference, so something like this does happen to some extent.

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:39 pm

At least its the smallest bit possible!

Like I say at the moment I'm just messing about but if it gets high marks I'll see what I can do!

Also who put no?

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,319.00 Points
Franly, industry insiders have better things to do with their time than speak to a bunch of drooling fanbois...

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:47 pm

It is a true comment but some of them enjoy showing off their ideas!

Like I say and I will say again I'm just messing around at the moment!

Post October 24th, 2005, 12:54 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
just to tell, you as a young 13 yr old kid probably never can get all designers together for a some kind of convention. But the idea would be nice.
It is a true comment but some of them enjoy showing off their ideas!

well, if some just read together with us or just look into the best NL creations that might inspire those designers too [;)]

Post October 24th, 2005, 1:21 pm

Good point [lol]

Also like I keep saying just messing about at the moment!!!

Post October 24th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Originally posted by Thorazine

Franly, industry insiders have better things to do with their time than speak to a bunch of drooling fanbois...

That comment pretty much says it all. Ace conventions are as close as we will probably get for the fanatics set. [V]

Post October 24th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Thorazine

BUT Thoraziiiiiiiine ... the 13 year old thinks he can make this happen!! [lol]

Listen coasterboasterspammer, between IAAP, ACE, etc., you are a little ... no, let me correct myself -- you are WAAAAAAY out of your league. However, 5 seconds of research on google asking it to look for "roller coaster conferences" might yield you this information:

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/co ... ents.shtml

Geesh man ... just stop with the spam. Heh ... to use a quote from television 10 years before you were born --- "stop the insanity"!!

Post October 24th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Ok first of all why do you always have to ruin the fun

Secondly try reading what I have been posting for the past 3 replies I'm just messing about !!!

Also its not Spam unless the topic is a rubbish one which in your opinion probably is like everything else I seem to post!!!

I mean its getting to the stage where your like an old woman you can't miss the chance of compaining about something!!!

GET A GRIP MAN

Post October 24th, 2005, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterboaster

Like I say at the moment I'm just messing about but if it gets high marks I'll see what I can do!

I think what Tconwell is saying is that there really isn't anything you can do. Sorry about the reality check, but one individual is not going to do a better job than the national groups in getting this kind if thing done.

Also, why ask a question is a serious manner (poll) if you are just "messing about"? Maybe Weeweeslap should make a "messing about" message forum so we'll all know not to take it seriously.[:D]

Post October 24th, 2005, 3:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I think it would be fun to have a convention that fans could come to I love learning about new rides and ideas i love it cause i can come home and create new rids on rct and stuff plus as many coasters get build the better!

Post October 24th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

This is why the clubs get these sorts of things, ACE, RCCGB, ECC, they all get these types of things. Coasterboaster, join one of these and go on a trip and you may get something like this. Join RCCGB, you may get a Q&A session with John Wardley. I will be joining again next year, i havent been a member since 2002. Please man, join that, there is no way this could happen with just one lad sorting it out. Even if you are messing about.
Sorry dude, i just dont see the point in this topic.
BTW when is the next IAAPA anybody?

Post October 24th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Well guys, seems someone cannot handle living in the real world .... so coasterboasterspammer, how is Peter Pan and Captain Hook doing these days?

Post October 24th, 2005, 5:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Hey! Peter Pan is doing fine. Captain Hook isnt doing so well since Smee had to leave for medical reasons. Hes been quite lonely.

CBoaster, I have to agree. Spamming also is the re-posting of old topics that could be used again. This forum does have a search feature that works, so use it. I know it probably makes you feel good to start a topic and get people to reply to it but when its the same topic that was discussed not too long ago, then its spamming.

Spamming isnt just rubbish.

Post October 24th, 2005, 5:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Originally posted by TConwell

Well guys, seems someone cannot handle living in the real world .... so coasterboasterspammer, how is Peter Pan and Captain Hook doing these days?

TCon, it's how are Peter Pan and Captain Hook doing. Geez, if you're going to make a comment like that at least get the grammar right. [;)]

I agree though, just stop making stupid topics. Especially the ones about all of your forums and stuff.

Post October 24th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Look at me, I'm casterboasterspammerman, I can spam and praise Pinifari and annoy the entire world and think I as a thirteen yr old can organize an event even if I'm just m3ssin' around.

W00t w00t

Sorry coasterboaster, you all have our ideas, but some of them, just flat out suck. This already happens to some extent, but we just don't talk to designers very often. Usually prk managers or PR officials.

Post October 24th, 2005, 8:07 pm

[lol] you guys ... I saw Smee not too long ago, he looked kinda rough (hospital gown and all) -- he just did not seem himself. Still looks like Bob Hoskins though ---- 'tis a very odd coincidence. ;-)

Post October 24th, 2005, 9:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

they should have the LA coaster show instead of just having the IAAPA in Florida. It'd be sweet. [:P]

Post October 24th, 2005, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

lol coasterboaster, we've been telling you since day one all the things we're telling you now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEARN!!!! If you think you can run a coaster convention, you can learn to stop spamming. Its very annoying. oh, and if I didn't say it before, PLEASE

Post October 25th, 2005, 3:27 am

Just a minute for the past 5 or 6 posts you lot have been spamming so if you are going to tell me to stop spaming, why don't you and use a clever thing like forum search and PM me!

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions