Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Band Competitions

Band Competitions

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 30th, 2005, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

My band (Science Hill Hilltopper Band) just got back from a trip to Vanderbilt for competitions where we placed 2nd out of like, 14 of bands from TN and 5 other states. Drumline and drum majors got 2nd as well, and colorgaurd got 1st. Just in case anyone cared [lol]

Post October 30th, 2005, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

not really :P

i would have if i knew what kind of music it is and if i knew you had a band and if i knew who the hell colorgaurd was. garage bands i am assuming. anyways, congrats. band competitions are hard to win and are fun.

Post October 30th, 2005, 11:26 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post October 30th, 2005, 11:31 pm

LOL sorry, didn't make myself clear XD. This was a marching band, not punk garbage band lol. color gaurd is the people who spins the flags and are really truely pointless but they're there anyway. Our program this year was called law and order (sucky name) but our opening song had james bond, secret agent man and mission impossible, our second song was shaft and peter gunn and our closer was live and let die. If I can figure out how to upload videos i'll upload the program on the internet, its an awsome show :D and band geeks will own you someday coolbeans lol

Post October 30th, 2005, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
monty, do you guys march field or parade?

we just had a parade competition and we got 1st in bands, 2nd in drum major, 2nd in sweepstakes (i didn't know there was something other than 1st for sweepstakes), 4th in tall flags (color guard)

we are going to the fiesta bowl parade for new years btw, so if you live in arizona, tune in and watch notre dame high school from california

Post October 31st, 2005, 12:54 am

we march both. We were going to march in maceys day parade next year but we got rejected for the first time in 20 years lol. Good job on your contest though.

Post October 31st, 2005, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I was in band...but then I just actually moved...it was a good experience and all, and im glad I tried it. We had the best marching band, and drumline in southern California, maybe some one has heard of Santiago High School, or SHS? Well that was my school, and monty congrats on your accomplishment.

Post November 1st, 2005, 9:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,514.00 Points

I am in the Drumline at my school. for this year's show, we did a 70's rock show theme. our song were: Wer're an American Band, Bohemian Rhapsody, Oye Como Va, and Frankenstein. I am a bass drummer. we have 4 bass drums and none of the others know their parts. it drives me insane. Her's our websit. that picture is new years 2004 in london (im not in that picture because i am a frosh this year). we are marching in two parades and also a parade at mackinaw island in MI.

Post November 1st, 2005, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
Originally posted by PumpMeUp

I was in band...but then I just actually moved...it was a good experience and all, and im glad I tried it. We had the best marching band, and drumline in southern California, maybe some one has heard of Santiago High School, or SHS? Well that was my school, and monty congrats on your accomplishment.

ahem... NOTRE DAME HIGH SCHOOL
lol
weren't you guys going to the fiesta bowl?
what division are you in?
5A for us

Post November 1st, 2005, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

We just ended marching season last friday and had auditions for concert band... I got first chair in symphonic band! anyways... I think I posted it already but our shwos are...
1 (Time 12 min)
-Indiana Jones
-Far and Away
-Jurassic park
-E.T.

2 (Time 11 min)
-Super Mario
-Starman (transfer drill)
-Mario Underground Drum Break (dance moves)
-Friends theme (Senior song)
-Legend of Zelda
-Tetris

Post November 5th, 2005, 11:12 pm

lol nice, what do you play? I just got 3d chair for bassoon in wind ensemble.

Post November 5th, 2005, 11:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Hmm well, I'm 1st chair bari sax in my concert band (lowest level band at my school), but it wasn't hard considering I'm the only bari sax in that band.

Post November 8th, 2005, 11:24 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

^OUCH, I am a Trumpet, I was just told the symphonic is going to a competition in the winter... I will have a solo... Never had one in a competition.

I know Marching band is over but I have recording from our "end of year concert" Below is a recording of our second show and our cadences.

If I can figure out how... HELP!
How would I post a ZIP on here.

Post November 8th, 2005, 11:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^Concert band is the only level band I could really be in considering that has all but two of the freshman band students in the school. And the next level band up has three bari saxes in it. It's pretty stupid to add a fourth and have four people trying to read music from the same stand. I'll probably move up next year to symphonic band.

Post November 9th, 2005, 12:02 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

this one time, at band camp...

(I couldn't resist, I just had to throw that out there.)

Post November 9th, 2005, 12:06 am

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

^lol, I was just gettin ready to do the same.

Yeah, I play in a rock band, or I did until my drummer was all like, "I don't need you anymore" and stuff, jk I don't... it was just a joke

Return to Off Topic Discussion