Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion coaster models

coaster models

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 2nd, 2005, 2:17 am

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
with all these coaster models lately, i had to jump on the bandwagon.
i have a lot of pipe insulation leftover froma previous attempt, so i might make one as well.

tell us if you are making or you are thinking about making a modelcuz im pretty curious as to how many people are starting to make models

Post November 2nd, 2005, 11:49 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^That stuff is great! In 9th grade, I spent countless hours bending pipe insulation into coaster shapes and rolling marbles down it. I also drew up plans to build a scale model of "Cheetaking" out of balsa wood, but I scrapped the plans after I realized how much time and money it would take.

Post November 2nd, 2005, 7:48 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

well, I'm currently designing a backyard coaster.
Phase 1 design layout in NL.
PHase 2 design miniture Model
Phase 3 find out how much it will cost, and how it will be powered.
Phase 4 Get approval and funds to build it.
Phase 5 design strait piece of track and train.
Phase 6 Design turning piece of track and train.
Phase 7 Construction Begins
Phase 9 Construction Ends
Phase 10 Ride it! [:)]

I'm hoping to at least get to phase 3. And if its not approved, then oh well, it was fun. [:)]

Post November 2nd, 2005, 7:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

wow, sounds great coolbeans, im guessing its wood? But yet i could be wrong. I hope it turns out well!

Post November 2nd, 2005, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Remember that any backyard coaster will probably tripple your insurance rate. Just a nice little fact there. [:)]

Post November 3rd, 2005, 4:37 am
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

You won't get an approval. A guy in germany, very close to where I live also build a backyard coaster, but he didn't get an approval from the city administraation because the coaster was just built out of wood, and had no foundations or such. But Roland Mack (that guy that owns the Europa Park[;)]) asked him to rebuild it in the EP. and I had the luck to actually see it, during the science days at the EP. however, what I wanted to say is, don't make yourself hopes, it's VERY unlikely that yoz will get an approval.

Post November 3rd, 2005, 7:44 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Well, I also imagine a backyard coaster to be cool, but then again, after a 100 rides or so, wouldn't it get boring and money misspent? It certainly would look good... [;)]

Do you guys know www.rollercoastermodels.com ? That's what I call great models! Has anyone here already ordered a replica of your favourite ride, or even an NL creation? [8D]

Pad

Post November 3rd, 2005, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post November 3rd, 2005, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points

Post November 3rd, 2005, 1:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

And I highly doubt you are the person who bought one of the two that were sold by him. The cheapest one that he has for sale right now is $5000.00.

What would you rather have, a model that costs a much as some used cars and one that cannot be changed at all, or a model that costs a fraction of the price that can be rebuilt however you want it to be over and over again?

Post November 3rd, 2005, 2:11 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

I think too that the coasterworks ones look better - the woodies top it all, especially the cyclone... but I would never buy one of those, they just have sick prices. The coasterdynamix inverters do look great, too, and are affordable, but most of the layouts seen there show an unrealistically high loss of friction.

Post November 3rd, 2005, 5:12 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by ish

You won't get an approval. A guy in germany, very close to where I live also build a backyard coaster, but he didn't get an approval from the city administraation because the coaster was just built out of wood, and had no foundations or such. But Roland Mack (that guy that owns the Europa Park[;)]) asked him to rebuild it in the EP. and I had the luck to actually see it, during the science days at the EP. however, what I wanted to say is, don't make yourself hopes, it's VERY unlikely that yoz will get an approval.

ish, that was because he never had asked any approval. He just started to build on. Also rules in germany are alot different then the rules in America. If you check out some websites from people who have created their own backjard ride, still have standing it!

Return to Off Topic Discussion