Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion New York City - lovin' it

New York City - lovin' it

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 22nd, 2006, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,149.00 Points
I live in Manhattan, and I love it.

I don't understand the bad reputation everybody gives New York. People often say that New York's dangerous, but it's really safe if you stay away from Harlem and Alphabet City. And the people are really, really nice. In their own special way. There's a kind of anonymous courtesy that I have never found anywhere else besides the Big Apple.

And there's so much to do. Sure, Times Square doesn't deserve the hype it gets. But it's still worth visiting. And Central Park is beautiful.

Any of you guys been to NYC and loved it? Or hated it? Or stepped in dog Shiz and cursed all the way back to your hotel? Or just went 'meh'? I'm interested in your opinions.

Hell, this is a random topic, but this is the off-topic discussion forum...right?

Post October 23rd, 2006, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,581.00 Points
Hey! Last year, my High School Band were in a competion in NYC, and we didn random travelling. It was ALMOST the best trip ever! Like Times Square is BREATH TAKING! Like I never realized how awesome it was until I got there. <PS, check out the Virgin store. It is totally wicked! 3 underground levels to! And they even had my favouritist band from the UK, so I literally bought everything lol> Broadway was also stunning. But back to the topic...generally speaking, NYC is so nice! The vendors are a little creepy sometimes, but they are unbelieveable nice. Like there was this one guy who was selling the broadway art, and I asked if he had the one that I went to, and he said he didn't, BUT he gave me directions to another vendor who had it! I was so impressed! The only thing that I reccomend is to go with the flow, and DON'T drive! Like the don't walk sign will flash, and people will still cross, and that doesn't stop the drivers! lol. Just be careful! lol.

Post October 23rd, 2006, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I go to New York every summer for my g-parents and cousins and now friends who go to college there and stuff. we usually go for like.. 3 weeks or so.

In fact... I'm going this Thursday-Sunday to see my sister. who goes to NYU.

i don't see where this whole every part of NYC is bad thing is comign from.. people just think of Brooklyn when they talk about NY.. that.. and taxi drivers.. whom really aren't mean or w/e people think.

i have made it my personal goal to ride the Ferris wheel in Toys R Us again. last time it didn't last long enough for me to soak in all the glory.

and waiting in a freakish line to get in to Red Lobster. oh, the memories.[;)]

Post October 23rd, 2006, 5:42 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Congrats on your move to NYC!

Aww man I love the city. I feel so lucky to live 40 minutes away from it. In fact, I went on Friday to a chinese restaurant in Chinatown, which is such a bizarre place once you realize you're still in Manhattan.

Now that you live there, you will NEVER be bored (like you said). There is still the Javitz Center with the NYIAS (New York International Auto Show), Fifth/Park Avenue, all the subways with the armless hobo's, Lincoln Center.... ahhh why should I be telling you this....

Have fun in the city!

Post October 23rd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Originally posted by Sundown_8

Hey! Last year, my High School Band were in a competion in NYC, and we didn random travelling. It was ALMOST the best trip ever! Like Times Square is BREATH TAKING! Like I never realized how awesome it was until I got there. <PS, check out the Virgin store. It is totally wicked! 3 underground levels to! And they even had my favouritist band from the UK, so I literally bought everything lol> Broadway was also stunning. But back to the topic...generally speaking, NYC is so nice! The vendors are a little creepy sometimes, but they are unbelieveable nice. Like there was this one guy who was selling the broadway art, and I asked if he had the one that I went to, and he said he didn't, BUT he gave me directions to another vendor who had it! I was so impressed! The only thing that I reccomend is to go with the flow, and DON'T drive! Like the don't walk sign will flash, and people will still cross, and that doesn't stop the drivers! lol. Just be careful! lol.

^Do you have to say "like" every other sentence? That is one of my pet peeves, i can't stand it.

sorry for ranting, i just had to get that out of my system.

Post October 23rd, 2006, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
I went through there on a trip, saw the statue of liberty, ground zero, etc. It was quite crowded there and there was some traffic as well as bad drivers around. I haven't done much there.

Post October 24th, 2006, 1:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,581.00 Points
Originally posted by Hckystr91

Originally posted by Sundown_8

^Do you have to say "like" every other sentence? That is one of my pet peeves, i can't stand it.

sorry for ranting, i just had to get that out of my system.

Well like tottaly I dont like know like what your like talking about....like. Like I don't use that word like a lot do I like? Catch my drift? lol. I don't care, but I'm now going to use "like" everywhere I can just to annoy people, cause that's the reputation I have here lol. ciao!

Sunny.

PS> Does anyone know where I can download "The Crazy Life" by Girls Aloud?

Post October 24th, 2006, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,907.00 Points

NYC is the best. Hence "The City"
No other city in the world (or at least the country) is widely known as "The City"
Manhattan=best place in world (although an apartment costs about as much as a mansion in upstate NY)
Congrats man

Return to Off Topic Discussion