Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Mount Doom. Update.

Mount Doom. Update.

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post November 10th, 2005, 7:36 am

Points on hand: 3,142.00 Points
Hey all, I'm back on the NL trail again after some time off, and my new B&M 4 seat inverted coaster Mount Doom is now back in construction again. This "Vomit monster" of a rollercoaster is my biggest, insanist, NL project to date, it initially climbs to over 400 ft and has a top speed I've clocked at 85mph as those who have tested it -and survived! (sorry TJ hope your legs have got better now!) [lol] back in the summer know! Okay, an update: The supports are now 50% completed, my eyes are strained already [lol] and I'm starting work on some bright new 3ds for this. Expected release date: early 2006! -if my wife and daughter allow me the time I need to spend on it during those dark evenings!! roll on xmas!! [lol]

Image Insert:
123.32 KB
Last edited by CoasterKarl on November 10th, 2005, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 10th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post November 11th, 2005, 6:12 am

Yep the track was built ages ago and has been tested by some brave weeweeslappians back in the summer. I'm still supporting it as I had some time off from building coasters.. I don't want to rush it, having a family (2 women in the house!), I don't get much time. Maybe enough to build 2-3 coasters a year...

Post November 11th, 2005, 6:40 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
I see you got some banked transport tires.. Maybe you should get rid of that :)

Post November 11th, 2005, 7:27 am

Yes they have already gone. I only had those in to get the train to the enormous hill from the station at speed during testing in the summer. The screenshot above was taken ages ago. I don't want to sound cagey but I'd rather wait until the riders can see what awaits their fate on-ride from the top of the hill!! But I will post some more screenies of it later.. This coaster is pure fantasy/insanity it could never be built for real.. pity, it would scare the pants off of me! [lol]

Return to Hard Hat Area