Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Ps3 or Xbox 360.. which do YOU think is better?

Ps3 or Xbox 360.. which do YOU think is better?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 21st, 2005, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,003.00 Points
So i was wondering.. what everyone has to say about wether they like Ps3 or Xbox full circle. If you ask me I'd have to say the ps3, b/c it's faster, sells more, and includes the brand new version of eye toy which should be interesting. But, I'd like to hear what u ppl have to say about Xbox 360 considering it comes out tomorrow, I think?!?!

Post November 21st, 2005, 10:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Xbox has been lacking in everything except for the Halo department, and yet still people bought it. The sequel will probably still lack in every department except the Halo department.

Peace out. A-town.
[r][oilwar]

Post November 21st, 2005, 10:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,003.00 Points
Yea I totally agree with u, b/c Halo and this other game similar to Halo were the only good games on Xbox. I just don't understand why ppl buy it. It always seems more xpensive, especially xbox live. Xbox live you have to pay for EVERYTHING it's just absolutely ridiculous!! $10 a month, who's ever heard of that?!?! I mean honestly, and for Ps2 you don't have to spend a dime for anything except to get the hook ups and that stuff.

Post November 21st, 2005, 11:04 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post November 21st, 2005, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I pay 50 dollars for Live and I get it for a year. Somehow I didnt know that 50/12 was 10 bucks. Try 4 dollars a month.

Secondly, PS's online sucks balls. I have not heard a single good thing from anyone who plays it. Its unstable and slow and the matchmaking is horrendous. I gladly pay 50 dollars a year for something that runs smooth and is in every way better than the other. In life, you have to pay for the good things.

Also I have quite a few great games for X Box excluding Halo 1 and 2. All I hear are PS loyalists who probably havent played PS or if they did, they played it with a completely biased mindset. I on the other hand started off on the PS1 and never once ever felt it was special. It was all sports games and Final Fantasy which I loathe. Other than that, all the other games suck. I dont play the GTA series either. The only good GTA's were 1 and 2 for the computer with network support.

Plus, even while the PS3 will have a very slight advantage in power (not enough to really matter - not when you are talking about trillions of cycles per second) it is far inferior in disc speed. Sure, the Blue Ray can keep more on its disc but if you cant transfer it FROM the disc to the system, what good is it? I think they will bottle neck the speed coming from the disc to the system and youll never, EVER get the full potential since it only reads at something like 4 or 8x while X box uses the more standard DVD's which read around 16x.

Post November 21st, 2005, 11:12 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post November 21st, 2005, 11:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

For me, well I don't really care. I've had PS1 and still own PS2 and all the games, so I'm probably gonna get PS3 because I can play some of these older games while I'm waitin for the newer ones to come out.Plus I've heard that there is a lot of extra equipment needed to play Xbox 360 and to use some of its newer features.Oh and also, PS3 will have the newest GTA out first so I'm goin with them.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 2,036.00 Points

PS3 all the way. Its faster and it will probably cost less the the X-Box 360. Plus the Playstation always has, and always will have the best racing games. NFS Most Wanted rocks!!! I also have no proplem with Playstation online. Runs just as fast online as it does offline.[8D]

Post November 22nd, 2005, 12:10 am

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

I have no idea. I think 360 has great graphics. PS3 has 4x more space than 360. I found this article and it's good to read.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

Post November 22nd, 2005, 12:57 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I bought my first system in many, many years last year. I looked at all of them and went with PS2 over XBox. The differences in graphics (looked a bit better on XBox) weren't enough to compensate for the HUGE number of games of all kinds for PS2. XBox games (other than Halo) which seemed to be worth having were mostly also available on PS2, and PS2 had a LOT of games that I like that weren't available on XBox at all.

Add to the mix that XBox is a Microsoft product, and it was an easy choice.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 1:06 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I give credit to Microsoft to comming up with an original idea. Such as the Xbox 360 controller is fully compatable with the Windows based PC.

I havnt read that much about either console so I can't render judgement on which is better. However, the real winner here is the consumer. (corny line but hey, its true)

Post November 22nd, 2005, 1:29 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
I will go for sony all the way cause its less expensive and have great games too and the ps3 looks verry kewl and i have lots of games for ps2 and like good games are NFS most wanted like (Kraken15) said and there is a good game too is L.A Rush

Post November 22nd, 2005, 2:41 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I know it may not be the most popular system among the site memebers, but you really should have included the Nintendo Revolution in this topic. Oh sure it may not add up to all of the things you can find on the other systems, but you can't get Mario for XBox.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 3:36 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

You can get mario if u look hard enough.....

my vote goes undecided cause I wanna know more about the PS3 (hopefully before Christmas) to know which one will be better. Right now, PS3 is sounded awful good in terms of gameplay, but the Xbox's looks and controllers are really good. the controllers in particular are soo comfy to hold.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 3:39 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by stloismaverick11

PS3 will have the newest GTA out first so I'm goin with them.

ya I think a GTA game will be sheer madness on PS3 because of how fast it is gonna be an the fact that the draw distances will be much further away from the camera is a definate plus. if you don't know what I mean when I say draw distance, its the distance at which an object's detail is degrated/redrawn to increase performance in real-time rendering.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 5:39 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

I've been a loyal Playstation owner since it was first released. PS3 all the way. That article you posted RCTfansMal818 really brings home the fact that it is worth the wait. I've been trying to convince my nephew of this too; he's slowly converting to the darkside (Xbox), lol. Don't get me wrong, Xbox is pretty sweet, but it has a weak game library IMO. I like the downward compatibility of the PS3; I can either sell my PS2 when PS3 comes out or give it to my nephew (might do the latter, since his PS2 is f.u.b.a.r.). PS3 for me. [:D]

Post November 22nd, 2005, 7:19 am

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
If i were all of you guys here i would chose the Xbox 360. Its not a power full as PS3 but the games on the 360 will be much better. I mean There are already 2 very good games know for Xbox360:

-Half life 2!!
-Elder scrolls 4:Oblivion.

Also the Xbox is released within a few weeks and the PS3 will be released in more than 5 month.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:00 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

PS3 definatly!
Always been a PS3 fan
Does anyone have any info on that new version of the eyetoy? i can't seem to find any

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:14 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

How about both of em?? The xbox360 has great graphics, looks nice, and the online service kicks sony's ass. The base xbox live will be free with the 360. You only have to pay for the extra live, which gives you like video chat and xbobx marketplace. 360 has some great release titles such as Call Of Duty 2 and PGR 3. I havnt heard much of the ps3, but today me n my dad r goin searching for xbox's. Rhode Island is so small that between today and tomorrow we can get one. Plus, the xbobx bundle for only a $100 more is a great deal. You get a 20 gig hardrive($100 value Already) that has like 4 gig's taken up including information for halo and halo 2 backup ability. Those two games will work once you place them in the tray because the information is already pre loaded onto the 20 gig harddrive. You also get a wireless controller instead of a wired one, and another plus is a headset for xbox live that the base system doesnt have.

Cant wait to get mine!

Post November 22nd, 2005, 10:33 am

RCTfansMal818 - PS3 may have 4x more space but XBox will have the HD AND as I said above, PS3 will be almost 4x slower when reading from the DVD so its pretty pointless to have all that room when you cant read it to the processor fast enough.

Its like having a brand new computer with a 12x CDROM. You wont get nearly the potential out of it.

Princess G - XBox 360 is backwards compatible as well ;)

Post November 22nd, 2005, 11:51 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
I'm a proud owner of the first XBox version, and also PS2.. I'm MUCH MORE satisfied with XBox.. Better Graphics, better controllers, and so on.. XBox 360 has a real nice look, has 3x3GHz processors, ultimate graphics, and Live rules! PS3 has some good points, too, but they really don't do better than Xbox' goodies.. Maybe I'll get PS3 as well, but probably not [:D]

Post November 22nd, 2005, 12:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Okay, i wont even consider the Xbox 360 and i will go straight for the PS3! Why? Because i have always followed PS, and all my friends do too, and this way we can buy games, and swap them all around, so we get more games for our money. [:D] I dont think Xbox is bad at all, in fact it looks extremely good, but i just like the PS more. I am more familiar with the keypads and everything, and i just prefer the games on PS (even though developers now are starting to make games available for both). I prefer racing games, and footy games, rather than platformers and stuff, so thats why i go for PS aswell. Although i must say Timesplitters 2 has to be one of my favourite games EVER! Along with Pro evo and any of the burnout seriers. But hey.

Im getting a PSP for christmas SO excited. [:D] But before that i have Mock exams [:(]

Post November 22nd, 2005, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,101.00 Points

PS3, because from the looks of it, it seems to have better graphics and more space, and I also agree that Xbox only has one good series HALO SERIES, its a good game but it would be way beter on the PS3[;)][:p][;)]

Post November 22nd, 2005, 6:42 pm

JPE - If you prefer racing...PS is NOT the system. GT has officially been dethroned by Forza Motorsport on the XBox and when they do a version 2, I have a feeling its going to put GT wayyy behind. Sure, GT was the greatest but it had no competition. Now it does and it cant handle it IMO. Ive played all versions so Im not naive to it. I found 2 to be the best. 3 and 4 focused too much on graphics and not enough on realism.

Plus, arent most of the footy games on both platforms? Same for Timesplitters...great game, have it right now from a friend.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 6:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,681.00 Points
I got the x-box 360' today at $399.00 x-box 360' is the way to go.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion