Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion I love this time of year

I love this time of year

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 3:58 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well, I can't speak for any country other than England here, but I dunno about you, I love the weather this time of year. For me it's perfect, clear skies, "freezing fog", frighteningly cold (perfect for footy), snow (possibly), constant gorgeous sunsets and sun-rises (as seen below)

you step out of the house in the morning to go to work and the feel the cold biting at your face, the air seems fresher and you look up and the sky is red, pink and blue, the floor is white and covered in frost and you think to yourself, Thank Christ for the English weather.[lol]

This is a picture I took at about 7:10 in the morning on one of the days last week, on my way to work, in real life it was extremely impressive, with the mist in the distance and such. It's a shame I have a lame camera [V]
Image - morningsky

This is a picture I took on the same day on the way back from work at the same spot as the first picture only looking to the right, at about 16:30. Again, it was SO much more impressive in real life, I really wish I had a decent camera.
Image - eveningsky

I just felt like sharing, cus well firstly I'm bored and secondly, I really do love living in this country at this time of the year [lol], crazy I know but hey [:)]

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

well i hate the weather because i had a field trip out on the water at Sacheust Point Rhode ISland and it was about 35 degrees. We were outside ofr 3 hours!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

The weather can be nice. I much prefer the cold weather over the boiling, sweaty ass temperatures of the summer here.
The only thing I don't really like are the days like today where my town has a crapload of weather warnings like high wind warnings, ice warnings, heavy snowfall warning, snow sqaul warnings etc etc.
The weather people are saying to expect a foot of snow within the next day and 6 foot snow drifts. I think winter is about to kick my in the ass really hard [lol]

Another good thing about the winter is that it can be easier to see the stars and nothern lights at night

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:05 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
you "love" this time of the year?

i have to cycle everyday when it's -10 Celc, and deliver my papers...
do you have any idea how love cold that is?

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:15 pm

Complain complain complain...come over here when there are 12 foot snow drifts trying to burry your house and car at -30c [lol]

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
ahh, i wish it would snow or someting where i live, its either 40 degrees and raining or its 30 degrees and super dry. NEVER snows, like every. Maybe a blizzard every 12 years if we are lucky. But i still love this time of the year...Christmas...

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:46 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

Complain complain complain...come over here when there are 12 foot snow drifts trying to burry your house and car at -30c [lol]

but you can wear gloves...i can't

and it's just what you're used to have as a temp

greenhouse effect? huh? not here anyways

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

funny how I step outside it is 75 degrees and sunny, you could pull a lawnchair out and sip on a couple of drinks [pshades] You mofos suck [lol]

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:52 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

funny how I step outside it is 75 degrees and sunny, you could pull a lawnchair out and sip on a couple of drinks [pshades] You mofos suck [lol]

hell i'm gonna move to longbeach as soon as get the money

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:53 pm

Originally posted by hyyyper

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

and it's just what you're used to have as a temp

Trust me, I have lived in this weather my entire life and I still have yet to get used to the mind numbing temperatures of winter. I don't think it is possible.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I miss living in San Diego[pshades]

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:13 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Get a different job.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Haha. So true. Yesterday the high here was 80, no wind, and clear skies, can't beat that as far as I'm concerned. [8D]

Post November 24th, 2005, 5:58 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Get a different job.

over here? doing papers is the best you can get,

the ONLY other option is to go to a greenhouse, working every saturday from 7 till 5 and get paid the same, and the temperatur is enormos hot in the summer and even colder than outside in the winter..

but doing papers is still very 'chilly'

[quote]Originally posted by Fornication Nation
Trust me, I have lived in this weather my entire life and I still have yet to get used to the mind numbing temperatures of winter. I don't think it is possible.
[/qoute]

that kinda what i meant
that your body think the coldest temp you get during a year, the coldest, if you get what i mean...

example: someone who has live all his life in norway will have the same feeling about cold and warm, as someone in brazil, it's just how your body is used to it

Return to Off Topic Discussion