Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Oakwood Eurofighter Confirmed - Speed

Oakwood Eurofighter Confirmed - Speed

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 28th, 2005, 2:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Oakwood, home to Megafobia, have announced thier latest addition to the park in the form of a 112ft Gerstlauer Custom Eurofighter
Last edited by Canadmos on April 6th, 2006, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 28th, 2005, 3:13 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Click Here

'name to be announced in the coming weeks!'

I think it's name will be 'Speed' [:D]

- [lol] Edge is lazy so he put's link in my post -ExTraxYz [lol]

Post November 28th, 2005, 3:17 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
No Limits rules!,

track looks like poop to me, i mean, i could have been that much more compact and have more speed...but that's just me...

Post November 28th, 2005, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

That ride pumped a lot [lol]. They better learn how to shape some nodes.

The layout looks pretty cool to, but it doesn't look to have very good capacity.

Post November 28th, 2005, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Wow! THey keep on making great designs one after another. The Helix and Airtime hill look great.

Post November 28th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

whats up with that little left banking after the mcbr and before the roll? anyways i think it looks kinda fun and no matter what its still a new coaster. I think the windows media player said 'speed' because it was based on the speed you decided to download. Dial up was prolly 'speedlow' amd broadband was 'speedhigh'

Post November 28th, 2005, 4:05 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
really nice design, only it's too bad about the only mcbr brake in the track. So it probably would have a pretty low capicity. But that airtime, overbanked, loop combination is interesting.

And what about learning ol????????? some pumping fixes? [;)][lol]

Post November 28th, 2005, 4:11 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Meh, this ride is really mediocre IMO. We've seen it all before.

Post November 28th, 2005, 4:26 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Originally posted by Jakizle

whats up with that little left banking after the mcbr and before the roll? anyways i think it looks kinda fun and no matter what its still a new coaster. I think the windows media player said 'speed' because it was based on the speed you decided to download. Dial up was prolly 'speedlow' amd broadband was 'speedhigh'

My guess was based on the link; http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/rides/speed.htm

Post November 28th, 2005, 4:55 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Yeah the ride does feature nothing new, but it still looks good - great pacing and a well stuck together layout, quite the opposite of repetitive ;) I like the exit of the barrel roll, directly into the highly banked turn. The following transition and the speed bump look nice, too...

Post November 28th, 2005, 5:22 pm

Everyone owes me for finding this page [;)]

Well actually i was linked to it on coasterforce and then decided to let you guys know. [:)]

Looks good to me, they just realoly need to work on their nolimits skills.

Post November 28th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^Oh yes, they really have some work to do to get smooth tracks. Seems to be an ok coaster to me.

Post November 28th, 2005, 7:11 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by jpecool

Everyone owes me for finding this page [;)]

Well actually i was linked to it on coasterforce and then decided to let you guys know. [:)]

Looks good to me, they just realoly need to work on their nolimits skills.

Have you ever been on Megaphobia? Looks like a really good CCI and its in the UK, so if you haven't you should get to it so you know what your missing out on!!! And then you won't be missing out on it anymore. [lol]

Post November 29th, 2005, 12:49 pm

lol. No i have never been on a woody [:(] Megafobia is quite a long way away, and the only time i have been to Wales was when my team got to the Play offs at the Millennium stadium in cardiff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOO Rock on. *cough* anywayyyyyyy, yes i need to get down to ride Megafobia sometime, but next year i wont get the chance. Im making Thorpe my priority for next season, and then flamingoland, to ride thier new coasters, then i will also visit Alton as i do every year. [:)] And thats basically all the trips i get a year. Maybe one more.

Anyway i think this looks a decent ride. Really good fun, and great news for Oakwood.

Post November 29th, 2005, 1:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,278.00 Points

Post November 29th, 2005, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
this roller coaster looks like the roller coaster at Vild-Svinet(bonbon Land) and its looks like a clone of it so i hope it turns out okay

Post November 29th, 2005, 6:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^Actually Mat, this coaster will be 40 feet taller than Vild-Svinet.

Post November 30th, 2005, 1:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,022.00 Points
But remember, the usual Eurofighters are about 85feet high, as to this one in oakwood is going to be 120, so the speed will be a big difference, and also u have to remember that this is oakwoods first steel coaster, so im sure after this one it should get better as the years go on. And also its the only rollercoaster that goes MORE than vertical in the uk. So i would be a great experience do you think? The name of the ride i think will be speed, because on the official website wich is www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk It has pictures of the rollercoaster and if u right click them and save as the name its given to save the picture is Speed, so it cant be the speed connection.

Post November 30th, 2005, 8:53 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I think the track looks good. It has some good moments of air time, and some inversions, and a crazy helix, whats not to like?

Post December 1st, 2005, 11:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,051.00 Points
This will be a much needed addition to Oakwood, i can't help thinking the parkhave an odd collection of rides there's lots that cater for very young children, and a great collection of thrill rides but not much inbetween apart from the waterslides

Post December 2nd, 2005, 7:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah, they need some starter rides, I think. Some might think the Eurofighter might be a starter, but from the looks of it, its gonna have some fierce elements which might scare away first time riders, or people who don't have much experience on a coaster, so who knows.

Post March 4th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Latest new update;
Construction has suddenly motored ahead on the new Gerstlauer Eurofighter coming to Oakwood this season. Most of the supports are in place, and track is starting to be put up aswell.

Click here to view the construction gallery of Speed!

Thanks to Jpecool for this new update.

Post March 4th, 2006, 2:23 pm

This ride is ALOT taller than i first expected. Its really looking great imo, i posted some pics in another topic and now they are linked too from the front page [:D]

Post March 4th, 2006, 2:29 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Looks good.[:D]

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Yeah, they need some starter rides, I think. Some might think the Eurofighter might be a starter, but from the looks of it, its gonna have some fierce elements which might scare away first time riders, or people who don't have much experience on a coaster, so who knows.

I don't remember posting that, or can't even see how I came up with that idea....[confused]

Post March 4th, 2006, 4:26 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Looks pretty cool. But in the latest ACE newsletter I got (yep I am a member) that one of Gertslauer's biggest projects will be coming to the US in 2007. We may be getting our first Eurofighter, but who knows?

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions