Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL] Midnight Rider (Intamin)

[NL] Midnight Rider (Intamin)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 8th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,179.00 Points

Midnight Rider

This layout idea has been in my head for quite a while, and now I have the skill to finally build it the way I pictured.

Midnight Rider is my newest ride! It's a mini-intamin with a few added surprises. So far, I've only done the first drop and air-time hill because I have exams to worry about, and I don't know when I'll be able to update it. It's very smooth so far, and it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Tell me what you think, and what you would like to see on this ride!

*Midnight Rider isn't the official name. I was just listening to the Allman Brothers song by the same name and I didn't like leaving it unnamed.[;)]

Story, pictures, and other stuff here: http://nldc.interfix.net/p1317

Post December 8th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Not bad so far, and it could be look great with some good theming. I think the drop could be steeper, make it more like EGF, at the moment it looks too B&M.

Post December 8th, 2005, 4:24 pm

Yeah, the drop is a little too flat. I'm might fix it...but right now I like it like that.

As far as themeing goes, I'm working on using Object Creater and some other tools. It's going to have a nighttime enviro with a desert like terrain with worn down farms and fences and police cars and stuff. I know that sounds like a lot for someone new to 3Ds, but for this ride, I'm really going to push it. [;)]

Ride Update: Got my diving turn and my second air time hill. Did some smoothing and got some help from a friend on my turn around. There is one small bump into the diving turn...but nothing I can't fix.[:p]

Post December 8th, 2005, 9:24 pm

The track and some of the track work is completed. So far, it's 100% hand smoothed. I'm going to AHG it this weekend sense I don't feel like it right now.

If anyone wants to test it and give me their opinion of the ride thus far, leave your e-mail and I'll send it to you as soon as possible![;)]

Oh, and just to let you know, I know there are a few jerks and pumps, but this is just a layout preview. Tell me what you'd like to see, and I'll try to put it into the track.[:p]

Post December 8th, 2005, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

jakeg797@aol.com

gettin ready to hit the sack, but will test 2morrow morning for ya

Post December 8th, 2005, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,977.00 Points

I cannot wait to ride it I likr the color scheme and I can't wait to see what the supports look like. I couldn't tell but are you going to alternate between quad and tri track?

Post December 9th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Originally posted by suburbanlegend

I cannot wait to ride it I likr the color scheme and I can't wait to see what the supports look like. I couldn't tell but are you going to alternate between quad and tri track?

Yeah, I will. But after I do the AHG and wait till the track is perfect so I don't have to keep doing it over and over.

Jakizle, sent it. :) (prepare, the end is not so smooth yet)

New pictures: http://nldc.interfix.net/p1317

Post December 9th, 2005, 3:47 pm

Post December 9th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Sent it, and enjoy.

I'm going to wait on working on the supports till the very end, I guess. I'm expecting it to be done by...christmas.[:D]

Post December 9th, 2005, 4:44 pm

Post December 9th, 2005, 5:20 pm

Thank you.

I have to say I've been asked to change the end a lot now. Here's the idea that I'm working on. After the turn after the weird hill lift hill, do a fast left turn up and over the transport brake, and then another right turn into the final brake run about the same place it is now.[;)]

Post December 9th, 2005, 5:58 pm

Post December 9th, 2005, 6:36 pm

Oohh..crap. Jakizle, you won't have that new segment...so...I guess I'll send the new one to you?

Post December 23rd, 2005, 1:19 pm

Sorry, haven't updated in a while. I got rid of that weird hill after the sengal dive and made it a cool twisty airtime hill. Almost done with smoothing, trying to fix the Horse Shoe dive after the second airtime hill.

More updates soon![:)]

And just a question...what's the limit for vertical G's, or what do you think is too much?

Pictures soon![:)]

Post December 23rd, 2005, 1:43 pm

Post December 23rd, 2005, 2:17 pm

New picture of the re-vamped horseshoe turn (or w/e you call it) the bottom pulls a nice sustained 5.2 G's, which I think would be really nice on a real ride.

And what's the best (and easiest) 3Ds program out there? I only have anim8or and I don't get it.[:p] (Shows how good I am)

http://nldc.interfix.net/devcenter.cgi

Post December 23rd, 2005, 2:44 pm

As long as the G's aren't red, it should be fine. Check it in all seats though, it could be higher in some places. As for 3ds program, how about the Object creator. It's simple to use, except you can't have more than 10 brushes as Tia's not selling the registered version anymore.
BTW, why do you have a link to the NLDC homepage? [lol]

Post December 23rd, 2005, 3:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Looks cool.

Also if you need help with the police car, which might be a little hard to make with the OC, you might ask Pauly414 to borrow his from his IJST.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 3:50 pm

Lol. I didn't even notice I did that. Sorry. Here's the link: http://nldc.interfix.net/p1317

And Hepta, what is IJST? Is that a ride I can download? Lol.

I finished the AHG...but I'm going to rework it sense something moved when I was fixing the lift.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 4:02 pm

Post December 27th, 2005, 8:44 pm

I'll ask Pauly if I do use them.

New environment finished, and AHG is finished, too. I'll begin work on 3Ds sometime this week. It won't be a lot, sense it is in the desert. I've already got plans for the station which will hide the final break run and the station with the transport. Supports are last priority.

Also, when is it a good spot to realistically put 4 tube track? I only have the chain and any places over 4 Vert Gs.

New environment pic: http://nldc.interfix.net/p1317

Post December 27th, 2005, 8:48 pm
rob User avatar

Points on hand: 3,083.00 Points
Looks good but I wouldn't change all the track tubing yet becuase if you are going to flange your track, im pretty sure the auto-flanger changes all the tubing back to 3 tube.

Return to Hard Hat Area