Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions TTD is sold!!!!

TTD is sold!!!!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 28th, 2005, 8:36 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

i think the reason its so cheap is because there only selling the track not any scenary

Post October 28th, 2005, 8:47 am

Points on hand: 3,251.00 Points

Post October 28th, 2005, 11:38 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Do we even need this topic? There is no way CP would sell TTD. 50,000 sounds more like the price of a replacement launch cable. Those numbers just make this rumor even more stupid.

Post October 28th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,995.00 Points

Post October 28th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Yeah, you guys must be real idiots if ANY of you belived this to be true for a second. There would be no way that this could be approved, and IF it were true, people that attend CP would all go an assinate the uper office. Some people are dumber than I thought.

Post December 10th, 2005, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,359.00 Points

Post December 10th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
that is just rediculess how would CP sell of one of there big coaster in the park just to put a dueling flying coaster and i dout it they will never do that cause TTD is a verry expensive caoster and a very popular one too. and that is total BS.

Post December 10th, 2005, 12:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I don't see why they wouldn't sell it the coaster seems to have a lot down time
and if that's costing the park too much money to fix then the may consider cutting there losses and getting rid of it!

Post December 10th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^If CP cant afford to keep it up (which they can) then who else could?

Also, most of you are highly unedecated. It ran GREAT this year with only 2 real spots of downtime. Its a working prototype, what do you guys expect?!

Post December 10th, 2005, 1:34 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^Dinsey and Universal. But who knows, maybe they will get rid of it, the guy in charge of CP said that right now TTD was the worst decision he ever made, even worse than DT.

Post December 10th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
^ This topic is still incredibly bogus. I did hear that Kinzle thought that TTD was a bad decision. But its moreless the fact that it wasn't 100% reliable for the first couple of years, they had a really tough time getting it to work. Beleive it or not TTD is a revolutionary coaster. The amount of technology that went into that ride is amazing. Its no wonder there were problems along the way. Think that its a piece of cake to allow 5 different trains to be on the track? It isn't your ordinary blocking system that they have on it. There are several hundred if not thousands proximity switches on that ride. They log each and every launch compute the data every three trains and make adjustments to further prevent roll backs.

This isn't Roller Coaster Tycoon, you just don't spend that kind of money on an attraction and delete it and get most of it back. They would lose more money than they would gain if they got rid of it.

Post December 10th, 2005, 5:04 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
not to mention the great amount of GP that'll stay out of CP

Post December 10th, 2005, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
but also cedar point no longer has the record for tallest coaster, six flags does so, maybe it doesn't care what happends to TTD people are probly willing to pay big money.

Post December 11th, 2005, 8:10 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Raigodmaster141

but also cedar point no longer has the record for tallest coaster, six flags does so, maybe it doesn't care what happends to TTD people are probly willing to pay big money.

are you sick or something?

don't care about TTD?

i think you are missing the point here,

ttd is believed to be even better than kk and with removing the coaster the park will have less coasters to compete with SFMM

lets put it this way,

ttd will never be sold, who do they need to sell it to?
and if someone would buy it, i think it's cheaper to build a new one

Post December 11th, 2005, 10:14 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Im jw, how can TTD be considered better than KK? Ive never been on either, But KK is taller, faster, and has a hill where TTD goes flat all da way back. The top hats are the smae thing 2. is it capicity, theming, or what?

Post December 11th, 2005, 10:31 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Jakizle

Im jw, how can TTD be considered better than KK? Ive never been on either, But KK is taller, faster, and has a hill where TTD goes flat all da way back. The top hats are the smae thing 2. is it capicity, theming, or what?

i cannot judge myself, but from what i've heard:
- the speed and height is barely noticeable
- ttd has got lap bars where kk has otsr's
- the race theming and 'lights going to green' is considerd 'cooler' and better fitting with the speed than a jungle theme
- ttd is in cp, with has raptor, mf.....

Post December 11th, 2005, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

west virginia is closer to me than ohio, so i wouldnt mind

Post December 11th, 2005, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 2,249.00 Points

i can't believe this topic is still here. west virginia? eww, is there even a park there? at least one that actually has a rep and not just some hidden away carnival. haha. TTD is not going to be sold because it would be close to impossible to take it all down, truck it hundreds of miles and rebuild it. have you seen the lines that ride gets? i waited about an hour to 2 hours for a 30 second ride while there was only about a 45 minute wait for MF. point being, TTD is still one if not the most thrilling and popular ride in the park. i've heard that TTD beats KK by far. being faster and taller and having a wimpy camelback doesn't make it better. TTD is now operating more than it used to AND it's in a much nicer and more responsible park. this rumor should be shot to hell

Post December 11th, 2005, 12:27 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post December 11th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Originally posted by Raigodmaster141

So when a ride was built taller than Magnum, did they tear it down?
WHen Steel Dragon was built 3 ft taller than MF did they tear it down?
Heck, after Steel Dragon chucked a wheel and hasn't been open since, has it been torn down??? You don't spend 25 million dollars on a ride that has a lifespan of only a few years. It just doesn't make sense for a buisness to do that. Who cares about a ride being the tallest and the fastest? Does the GP make such a distinction? Its not like people are boycotting the ride now that it's #2 in height and speed. It still has a longer line than most other rides in the park.

Seriously, this topic ought to be locked, or another topic discussing a rumor on how CP is going to honor Kinzel by building man-made islands in the shape of a giant "K" and putting an ammusment park on it, should be started.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions