Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster NL Updated

NL Updated

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post December 31st, 2005, 12:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,457.00 Points
Unless Ole plans to drop Mac support, it would be a very stupid idea to use DirectX.

Post December 31st, 2005, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Well, at least get the graphics halfway up to date for NL2, by 2010, the current gfx system of NL will be like very simple 3d without any lighting today, if you get what I mean.

Post December 31st, 2005, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I hope Ole doesn't drop Mac support... NL was the first program I bought when I switched to Mac, and I was really impressed at how much better everything looks and "feels" on the Mac version. I haven't gone back to the PC version in months.

Now, if we could just get the 'cheater tools' in a Mac version, I'd be all set!

Post January 1st, 2006, 12:08 am

Points on hand: 2,179.00 Points

Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

Hmm, I got a question for you. What electrical sensor connection type do preimer fail-safe sqeeze type brakes have?

Is that a trick question? I hardly know anything about rollercoasters technically.[;)]

Post January 1st, 2006, 2:16 am

Points on hand: 2,903.00 Points

I graduate HS in 09...and will be in college by 10. So...If I'm still into NL, it will definatly be awsome.

Post January 1st, 2006, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by jpecool

Unless elementary will still work with it.

.........no

I hope NL has an anti-tool feature. Tracks should be built by hand.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^Why? The program is being used by REAL manufacturers. Do you think that they build stuff by hand or that they use programs and formulas to design their rides?

Hmmmmm.

Please dont be an elitest.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

^Why? The program is being used by REAL manufacturers. Do you think that they build stuff by hand or that they use programs and formulas to design their rides?

Hmmmmm.

Please dont be an elitest.

I know how you feel now real. Not long ago i was slating people for using tools, and then i actually tried them and found them to be harder than hand building. Its just so hard to get the elements to come out like you want them too, and really hard at first to get them to flow together properly. Especially when you are making elements wih changing radius' i still havent got that skill figured out. [:(] Im trying to find patterns in how the "cangle" changes when changing the radius throughout an element, but seeing as i havent tried it much so far, i havent spotted one. [:(][V] I really hope it supports tools, the current tools we have already aswell.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^Thats why I still hand build MOST of my tracks and use the Elementary for things like loops and helicies that I can plug and play. But even when I do that I customize the entrance and exits BY hand. the only tool I use prolifically is the AHG but we all know that your ride has to be darn close to perfect before using it.

And since my rides, while smoothed with the smoother are STILL majority handbuilt at heart, I think it just proves that it can be done. It takes a bit longer than all elementary but it doesnt require any crazy math knowledge.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,977.00 Points

How about for the NL1 update for 2006, Ole and team adds,
-B&M Flyers
-Vekoma Flying Dutchmen
-Cable lifts(I thought they'd be here by now)
-Hydraulic Launch
-4-D coasters(that would be fun but I hate to say it...they're probably a dead coaster design...I wish they could have a future...)
-Compressed Air Launch
-More prefab supports
-Fix up the other train\track models not updated in the last update, especially the B&M's)
-Giovanola(I think I spelled that correct)Hypers (Like Goliath)
-Rocket Coasters
-Suspended COasters(...that'd need a lot of physics work)
-More work on the stations and the operating stand(maybe offer a booth design)
-The ability to do 2 Circuits on a complete-circuit coaster(I can't seem to get that to work)
-Vertical Drop Coasters(B&M)
-Vertical Shuttle Coasters(DeJaVu)
-whatever else he wants...the list could go on and on.
I bet a lot of those things will be added because they are probably the top requests he gets and I don't think this will be the last update...2010 is a long way away and a lack of updates would drop sales. Water coasters probably aren't a possibility, that'd be a lot of work and revamping. Wouldn't it be great it was a bluff (2010 is a bit away)and he released it next christmas...[;)]

Post January 3rd, 2006, 2:33 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by suburbanlegend

How about for the NL1 update for 2006, Ole and team adds,
-B&M Flyers
-Vekoma Flying Dutchmen
-Cable lifts(I thought they'd be here by now)
-Hydraulic Launch
-4-D coasters(that would be fun but I hate to say it...they're probably a dead coaster design...I wish they could have a future...)
-Compressed Air Launch
-More prefab supports
-Fix up the other train\track models not updated in the last update, especially the B&M's)
-Giovanola(I think I spelled that correct)Hypers (Like Goliath)
-Rocket Coasters
-Suspended COasters(...that'd need a lot of physics work)
-More work on the stations and the operating stand(maybe offer a booth design)
-The ability to do 2 Circuits on a complete-circuit coaster(I can't seem to get that to work)
-Vertical Drop Coasters(B&M)
-Vertical Shuttle Coasters(DeJaVu)
-whatever else he wants...the list could go on and on.
I bet a lot of those things will be added because they are probably the top requests he gets and I don't think this will be the last update...2010 is a long way away and a lack of updates would drop sales. Water coasters probably aren't a possibility, that'd be a lot of work and revamping. Wouldn't it be great it was a bluff (2010 is a bit away)and he released it next christmas...[;)]

i can make that list 3 times longer....

we don't know what's Ole is gonna give us, i think we should be pretty content with what we've got so far, i you look from the NLv1.1 to 1.55, i think we should be really thankfull to him other than putting up lists like this

Post January 4th, 2006, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 1,977.00 Points

WHOA! hyyyper, I'm not saying it's not good enough but I am saying that those could be suggestions. I'll put up another list if I wanted to, there is nothing wrong with a suggestion. If he mentioned that he's doing another update then what's wrong with a suggestion? If you feel I came across as complaining sorry, but beliveve me I'm not, there a greater issues in this world than what is going to be on the next update. All I'm saying is that I am thankful for NL and "a list like this" is what I would like to see added not saying that he has to...or that he must...got it.

Post January 4th, 2006, 1:43 am

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
jakizle, that is where you're wrong. USC is gonna kick those longhorns in the ass

and i can't wait until NL2 or the update because for how long have we been talking about this? How long have we wasted pondering about something that will happen when it happens, and will probably have all the stuff we want in it?

p.s. texas is GOING DOWN

Post January 4th, 2006, 2:50 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by suburbanlegend

WHOA! hyyyper, I'm not saying it's not good enough but I am saying that those could be suggestions. I'll put up another list if I wanted to, there is nothing wrong with a suggestion. If he mentioned that he's doing another update then what's wrong with a suggestion? If you feel I came across as complaining sorry, but beliveve me I'm not, there a greater issues in this world than what is going to be on the next update. All I'm saying is that I am thankful for NL and "a list like this" is what I would like to see added not saying that he has to...or that he must...got it.

ah well, perhaps you'r right, but we've seen so many lists and i just think that we should not make any more suggestions, ole can think of new feats himself, and we should be playing NL1 instead of suggesting NL2

Previous

Return to No Limits Coaster