Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion BUY MY BOOK

BUY MY BOOK

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 1st, 2006, 11:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,609.00 Points
Hi,
My name is Aaron Arkens. I am 14 and I published my first book about a year ago. It has always been my dream to be a writer and it finally came true. My only problem was the book is hard to find because you can only buy it online, and it is a little over priced (14.95). I am putting this post out here because I just was to say, if you enjoy reading please try to chip in the money and test out my book. The link is http://www.outskirtspress.com/cgi/webpa ... 1932672745 [url][/url]. Thank you to all those who are generous enough to buy one book.

Aaron Arkens

Post January 2nd, 2006, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
sounds interesting but im not much of a book readin and y do you go waste your time writing books i mean come on!!! jus kiddin

Post January 2nd, 2006, 12:41 am

Points on hand: 2,897.00 Points

i think that its cool that you already published your first book but i dont like to read that much.i complain about writing and reading my own portfolio in school

Post January 2nd, 2006, 7:12 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I also think its cool you wrote your own book, but i dont read that type of thing. I do read quite a bit, when i find a book i like i can read it real quick, like Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, i read that in a few days. But i very rarely actually find a book i like.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 7:38 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

I'm currently writing a book too, but in German... Sorry I won't buy your book, I've only read one English book so far (Scott Rutherford's "The American Rollercoaster"), but it just takes a lot more time for me than reading books in German. Still, congrats for writing already! I know it's a lot of fun [:)]

Post January 2nd, 2006, 11:27 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

WOW 14 and your first published book! Sorry i didn't buy it but i would buy it if it was a rollercoaster book (there are no good coaster books out there?!?!?!)

Post January 2nd, 2006, 11:36 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Post January 2nd, 2006, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,897.00 Points

Originally posted by RRollergod

WOW 14 and your first published book! Sorry i didn't buy it but i would buy it if it was a rollercoaster book (there are no good coaster books out there?!?!?!)

there are good rollercoaster books out there you just have to look harder for them.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Originally posted by jpecool

I also think its cool you wrote your own book, but i dont read that type of thing. I do read quite a bit, when i find a book i like i can read it real quick, like Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, i read that in a few days. But i very rarely actually find a book i like.

i couldnt agree more, that sounds exactly like me, and i did like angels and demons better than the da vinci code, but all of them are good.

Originally posted by Pad

I've only read one English book so far (Scott Rutherford's "The American Rollercoaster")

lol i got that book yesterday, its good, well i think it is, its a little outdated, but still interesting, its one i reccomend RRollergod

anyways, congrats on writing a book, i have always tried, and it seems to take forever, and i always wondered how they get it so long, i mean, i could write a pretty good story, but only 4 pages long -.-, anyways, i might buy it. also why not try and get it into bookstores, they might be interested in a book written by a 14 year old

Post January 2nd, 2006, 1:15 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

I recommend "The American Rollercoaster" to everyone interested in woodies and/or coaster history. It's definitely worth buying, the pictures alone are great.

I also recommend trying to write a book to everyone who likes reading... it's a great experience.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 1:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Well the American Rollercoaster is more of a timeline of coasters, but in great depth. It takes you through the roaring twenties, the golden ages, and all the way up to a steel coaster. Itd a great educational book about coasters, and it has exerpts about a coaster here n there.

I think its very cool that you published your own book, and goo dluck wit your writing!

Post January 2nd, 2006, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

One thing i want to do when im older is publish my own coaster magazine. In fact like a year ago i made a front cover for one. [:D] And made the name and everything. So look out for that once ive got my career going [;)] I kind of gave up on a career in coasters, so i wantto do architecture but write coaster stuff aswell [:)]

Return to Off Topic Discussion