Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Cedar Fair Trademarks "Maverick"

Cedar Fair Trademarks "Maverick"

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 7th, 2006, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
Cedar Point today acknowledged the buzz surrounding the recent trademark filing by Cedar Fair, L.P. for the name "Maverick."

"Cedar Point's parent company, Cedar Fair, L.P., owns several amusement parks and waterparks and often protects names that may be potentially valuable at a later date," Stacy Frole, Cedar Fair, L.P. Director of Investor Relations, told Cedar Point's official blog, OnPoint! "This is not an uncommon practice."

The trademark filing was first discovered by an enthusiast who posted the find to a message board on the coaster enthusiast web site, Theme Park Review. The news quickly spread with rampant speculation that the name would be used for a new Frontiertown attraction to replace White Water Landing.

http://www.pointbuzz.com/news.htm?id=819

Sounds like a good name for a flying coaster at CP...[;)]

What do you guys think about this?
Last edited by MDEKing on February 7th, 2006, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 7th, 2006, 7:20 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post February 7th, 2006, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post February 7th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^Agreed. But it might be a different kind of coaster. CP could still have a floorless if they wanted to.

Post February 7th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Could be for CP could be for someone else.

It also sounds like a good wooden coaster name too.

Post February 8th, 2006, 12:40 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Originally posted by Coaster indavidual

Could be for CP could be for someone else.

It also sounds like a good wooden coaster name too.

yeah, but um, where would CP put a decent woodie in CP? unless gravity group smokes like 10 pounds of weed, there is no way a big woodie will work in CP....LMAO, big woodie.

Post February 8th, 2006, 1:02 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
ya it sounds like a good coaster name and that news was out 2 weeks ago on www.screamscape.com and if there is no place to fit a woodie they have to remove a couple of ride our just passed it over some ride me i doubt it i think it will be a floorless coaster our a trill ride

Post February 8th, 2006, 1:12 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by MDEKing
Sounds like a good name for a flying coaster at CP...[;)]

What do you guys think about this?

Please dont let it be so.

but I bet thats the rides name. Maverick fits perfectly with the western theme over there.

Post February 8th, 2006, 1:25 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

The conversation going on at Pointbuzz is really good, It's pretty much known they're not getting a Flying coaster, Diving Coaster, or some 500' B&M thing-e-ma-jig...

Right now, A Floorless Coaster is totally going to be so, and even a S&S 4D Coaster has been talked about, I have no doubt Cedar Point Has considered all the variables, and has done some form of Good/Bad Chart.

It's also unoffically confirmed the CP&LE RR has been moved closer to the road, which means there is a helluva lot of space to work with back there.
Somebody edited some Live Local Pic, and it really shows just how much space is back there, totally enough room for a B&M 175'6" tall, 11 Inversion, Tallest, Fastest...(*drum roll*)... Floorless Coaster!

I can hear the spiel now... "Monday, Monday, Tuesday! Are you ready to go upside-down? 11 Times! Are ready to go into the sky? 175'6"! Are you ready for the Tallest and Fastest Floorless Coaster in the World!? Are you ready for MAVERICK - The Ride!!![lol]

Yes, I am going through peak Coaster Withdrawl!(*shuns*)[V][lol]

Post February 8th, 2006, 1:17 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post February 8th, 2006, 7:38 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^^ I doubt CP will build a 4D. They won't put one in until its a good quality ride. Example_ Xcelerator. When it was built, other than some mechanical problems, the ride experience was pretty good, and the loading was decent. Where as X's ride experience is intense do to ruffness, and depending on the seat, sometimes a painful experince.
But I think the main thing CP will be looking at is Capacity.

Post February 8th, 2006, 7:48 pm

Originally posted by screamomatic

The conversation going on at Pointbuzz is really good, It's pretty much known they're not getting a Flying coaster, Diving Coaster, or some 500' B&M thing-e-ma-jig...

Right now, A Floorless Coaster is totally going to be so, and even a S&S 4D Coaster has been talked about, I have no doubt Cedar Point Has considered all the variables, and has done some form of Good/Bad Chart.

It's also unoffically confirmed the CP&LE RR has been moved closer to the road, which means there is a helluva lot of space to work with back there.
Somebody edited some Live Local Pic, and it really shows just how much space is back there, totally enough room for a B&M 175'6" tall, 11 Inversion, Tallest, Fastest...(*drum roll*)... Floorless Coaster!

I can hear the spiel now... "Monday, Monday, Tuesday! Are you ready to go upside-down? 11 Times! Are ready to go into the sky? 175'6"! Are you ready for the Tallest and Fastest Floorless Coaster in the World!? Are you ready for MAVERICK - The Ride!!![lol]

Yes, I am going through peak Coaster Withdrawl!(*shuns*)[V][lol]

it is called weed. i am not suggesting taking some, but, um, it wouldnt hurt for you. lol.

Post February 8th, 2006, 10:50 pm

Omg[lol] I was actually trying to be serious, guess that failed...

Oh, BTW the CP&LE RR has been moved some 18 feet closer to the road, it's a mystery...

Post February 10th, 2006, 8:07 pm

Here's a picture from Pointbuzz of the former Whitewater Landing with the possible construction site highlighted. Also, the red line is the new route of CP & LE Railroad. Mysterious indeed...

So we're pretty much guaranteed to get something new here. What if it's just a new log flume?[:p][:D]

Post February 10th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by coolbeans326

^^ I doubt CP will build a 4D. They won't put one in until its a good quality ride. Example_ Xcelerator. When it was built, other than some mechanical problems, the ride experience was pretty good, and the loading was decent. Where as X's ride experience is intense do to ruffness, and depending on the seat, sometimes a painful experince.
But I think the main thing CP will be looking at is Capacity.

Capacity, always a B&M strong point. I'm thinking floorless right now.

Post February 10th, 2006, 8:16 pm

and people say that CP doesnt have room......they have alwasy had this room, people arent just being inventive. for instance, they could of put a B&M in that area, wouldnt be the original 100X400 foot square, but it could fit in that area. supports are a great thing [:)]

yeah now though CP definately has enough room to put a big square of B&M metal in the park. floorless next year, AND maybe a fyler? 2 for 1 would be kick ass. its been 4 years since a coaster, CP will be overdue.

Post February 10th, 2006, 8:33 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

CP has plenty of room from what I hear to build w/e they need to. Except for another HUGE traditional lift roller coaster.

Post February 10th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,977.00 Points

CP always could possibly utilize some of the water if Sandusky would allow it...but then again maybe they should stay on the land. Who knows bu that island is huge and there is a lot of expansion room if it is properly planned out. With Demon Drop leaving maybe they will have more room. Hopefully they'll send a ride Geauga Lake's way next year. Don't get me wrong the water park is great and the pricing is even better but rollercoasters attract guests even if they don't break records which they will have something like Batman Knight Flight's (Dominator...such a crappy name) tallest loop record. Or X-Flight's first in the mid-west, they always have something to market so I say they go for a speed or length record...but they'll prob. save that for CP.

Post February 10th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I just wanted to say, I think SKC's loop is taller, Dominators is just wider(bigger). We'll just have to sit back and see what happens. It could just be a tiny little kids ride somehwere else. I do agree that it would fit into Fronteir Land. But isn't a little too early to be saying what it is?

Post February 10th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^I doubt that the loops differ at all. Most of those Floorless loops are very standard and I would bet they are exactly the same in design ones just slightly taller.

Dominators gives AWESOME floater at the top - that ride rules. Its, Big Dipper, X Flight and Villain are worth the admission alone but what puts it over the top is the NERF PlayZone! Ive not laughed so hard in my life except for when my sister was shooting one of the auto-cannons that I loaded entirely with nerf balls (A 50 gallon drum size) and she hit a kid in the eye...it was PRICELESS.

Post February 10th, 2006, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Lol Real, sounds like alot of fun. SKC's loop has some pretty nice air aswell. Too bad Dominator doesn't have a 0g, Skc's blows my mind every ride. And I love X-Flight even though i haven't been on it. Batwings an exact clone I believe. And I loved that.

Post February 11th, 2006, 2:32 am

^yeah its a clone of xflight. they were designed at the same time.

anyone notice in my two posts i mentioned weed both times? LOL. anyway i think that is funny. LOL. dominator is the shizzite, imo the best floorless that ive been on. (no medusa's though)

Post February 11th, 2006, 4:37 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
If I remembered correctly Dominator had some wicked sweet air in seat 81. Or at least my friend and I agreed that it was the best seat aside from the front.

Post February 12th, 2006, 12:38 am

I heard that when it exits the MCBR it has some wicked airtime.

Post February 12th, 2006, 12:51 am

Originally posted by screamomatic

I heard that when it exits the MCBR it has some wicked airtime.

It does in the back. It's definately a better ride in the back, it feels so much faster.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions