Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Flamingo Land Construction (Kumali)

Flamingo Land Construction (Kumali)

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 29th, 2006, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post January 30th, 2006, 7:14 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Vekoma woodies actually are pretty good. Thundercoaster was a world class ride when it opened, and after what I have heard both Robin Hood and Loop Garou is great too [:)]

Post January 30th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Yeah i heard thundercoaster is amazing, and that the second drop has AMAZING airtime at the back. [:D] It seriously looks a great ride.

Anyway kumali, check out this for a foot chopper http://www.rcdb.com/ig2985.htm?picture=15

[:D] Please let them build a small trench with rocks in there [:D] I really hope this is a good ride. I should be getting a video of this ride in operation next time i go, which should be quite early in the year hopefully!

Post January 30th, 2006, 1:58 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

How come they want to take so much care over building a woodie? There isn't that much more to take into consideration is there? Other than chavs trying to set it on fire of course, but that has to be taken into consideration with everything in this country these days [lol]

Post January 30th, 2006, 2:01 pm

^ You have to take care of the wood pretty carefully. Esepcially when you are gonna build one at Flamongoland on the Yorkshire moors. Its really wet and windy, even the S&S tower needed extra supporting! So a woodie which needs alot more care than a steel anyway, would need even more in FLs setting.

Post February 4th, 2006, 5:06 pm

I just had to post this pic off CF forums. For the people that havent been to flamingoland for a while, look how much it has changed. Its rapidly dropping its permanant fairground image, and now it just looks a really nice park. Especially with kumali in the background.

As for construction, they are currently building the cobra roll. The first drop and loop and lead into the cobra roll are all finished as you can see, and how nice does it look now [:D] It better ride good, although vekomas reputation dont give me much hope! But i still have some, i still have some. [:)]

Post February 4th, 2006, 5:08 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
as for jpe not knowing how the insert images:

EDIT: look above, he does know it now

Post February 4th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Er dude, i accidentally did it and corrected it. You dont have to get cocky. [:P]

Post February 4th, 2006, 5:12 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i don't, i just wanted ppl to see the pic, and as you can see, the credit is yours again, i removed mine

Post February 4th, 2006, 6:03 pm

LOL, sorry its just i edited it like a second after, so you seemed a little too eager to correct me. [:P] Nevermind aye, anyway back to flamingoland [:D] Im really loving the look of the park atm. Apparently there is construction going on everywhere. The new parrot show is coming on slowly, while the muddy duck tractor ride is growing huge. Kumali is progressing really fast now aswell.

Post February 6th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
Looking forward to riding it but i see the ticket price has gone up to ?????????19 this year

Post February 6th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
This might...maybe...somewhat...kinda...make me think that Vekoma SLC's could be fun rides. But it does look nice.

Post February 10th, 2006, 2:33 pm

http://www.freewebs.com/flamingophotos/

some awesome new photos taken from the lift hill showing most of the ride up! [:D] The zero G looks alot nicer than expected, although im a little woried about the cobra roll being a head banger for some reason?

Anyway, land under the cobra roll should be taken away soon so it flys out over the water of the lake. But Flamingoland are worried about the ride stalling over water so are still wondering how far to make it go over the water.

Post February 10th, 2006, 3:25 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

woah, it all looks really quite good to be fair, it looks smoother than other Veks as well, note I said "looks" [lol], I have to wait until the meet-up later in the year to find out whether it actually is or not heh.

How come those strange stripes of colour are only on the lower supports? [lol]

Post February 10th, 2006, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

this looks class, i really like vekoma slc's. they have there own little charm you just carn't get in any other inverted coasters. also ive been on jubilee odyssey at fantasy island and because its a custom slc it is smother than the standerd slc design. hopefuly this will be smother than that.
Making screams come true

Post February 10th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I want to know what the building is for on the left of the zero g

Post February 10th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post February 10th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Originally posted by owen jay

I want to know what the building is for on the left of the zero g

Im thinking by the position it could be an onride photo booth. I think im right in saying its between the rest of the ride and the station? So it would make sense. Im just trying to imagine the orientation in flamingoland. Its hard as the two biggest things there are gone so you cant use em to figure out where it is. But i think im right judging by where the lake is [:)]

EDIT: Just to let you know Owen Jay, its apparently an electronics room, nothing more, nothing less. [V][xx(][:p]

Post February 11th, 2006, 12:28 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
ya thanx for the link and that coaster looks really good i hope the woodie that they are thinking of putting n looks noce too

Post February 11th, 2006, 12:32 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
So interesting seeing a Zero G only heartlined for 2 seats instead of 4.

Does look fairly nice. If only that track style wasnt so ugly.

Post February 11th, 2006, 2:36 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post February 11th, 2006, 2:39 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

The Z-G-Roll does look interesting, but B&M does it better, Riding Sky-ride and looking a Raptor's Z-G-roll is amazing, I was looking at when I rode Sky-ride, and I was lucky enough to see the train go through the Z-G-Roll at that moment, it was amazing... And now I'm getting really pathetic because everytime I write or say something, it turns into something about Cedar Point... sorry for getting way off topic, continue.

OMFG, I can't wait 'till May 8th...

Post February 11th, 2006, 3:00 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

^^I like Vekoma/Arrow track style as well....the supports on the other hand...

Post February 11th, 2006, 3:07 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post February 11th, 2006, 3:45 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I like thier supports, but I don't like the shaping on some of their drops, like this one, but the rest of thier elements look pretty good.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions