Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Cedar Fair Trademarks "Maverick"

Cedar Fair Trademarks "Maverick"

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 12th, 2006, 1:09 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

SKC from what I hear is pretty forceless, but its landscaping is what really makes it one of the top floorless coasters. I know Scream's Loop is pretty intense and thats about 123` high, and on Medusa's west, its about the same hight, the difference is you get some hang time in it.

Post February 12th, 2006, 1:12 am

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

I just wanted to say, I think SKC's loop is taller, Dominators is just wider(bigger). We'll just have to sit back and see what happens. It could just be a tiny little kids ride somehwere else. I do agree that it would fit into Fronteir Land. But isn't a little too early to be saying what it is?

Actually, Dominator's loop is taller (a lot taller...) its 135 ft, while SKC's loop its only 114 ft. (just thought i would point that out...)
-Tony.

Post February 12th, 2006, 1:18 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

That stat has always seemed wrong to me. Knowing the lift is at 175 feet and the quarry wall is around 100 feet, I would have to say it looks higher than 114 feet. Just my opinion from photos!

Post February 12th, 2006, 1:18 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^I would guess B&M just scales their loops to keep the same shape but change the size. Almost all of the loops have straight entries and exits.

Post February 12th, 2006, 1:19 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

The exit of SKC's loop is actually kind of curved at the bottom. I'll find a pic!

http://sfftnet.com/pindex.php?id=061213

Post February 12th, 2006, 1:42 am

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points

That stat has always seemed wrong to me. Knowing the lift is at 175 feet and the quarry wall is around 100 feet, I would have to say it looks higher than 114 feet. Just my opinion from photos!

Well, i was just going by the rcdb stats...
-Tony.

Post February 12th, 2006, 6:42 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

The exit of SKC's loop is actually kind of curved at the bottom. I'll find a pic!

http://sfftnet.com/pindex.php?id=061213

Mostly every B&M inversion enters/exits with a sweeping turn.

Post February 12th, 2006, 11:10 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Coaster indavidual

If I remembered correctly Dominator had some wicked sweet air in seat 81. Or at least my friend and I agreed that it was the best seat aside from the front.

I got more hangtime in the front which would be more consistant with how G's go in loops. Normally the back feels higher G's from the top on down while the front has a lazier G readout.

But it could have been the trains since the trains on Dominator do tend to vary alot.

Post February 12th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I am amazed at how a ride varys from train to train. The yellow train on MF was slow as hell, red was so so and blue was just damn fast. Then on Raptor train 3 seemed to have the best ride (most smooth) and train 2 wasn't all that fun.

But I think on Dominator it had a more of a "pull" feel to everything in the back. So after the block break the front has a little pop of air but the back really has a pop becuase its accelerating.

I donno its been a while since i've been on it and my memory is a little hazy.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions