Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Final Destination 3

Final Destination 3

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 12th, 2005, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
It doesn't matter, does it. The idea of the films are pre-destination i.e. everyone is meant to die here. There is no realism in the storyline, why should there be in the events. If you remember, in the last movie a guy was cut into three pieces by a wire fence. Let's not go too deeply into how essential realism is, eh?

Post November 12th, 2005, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 2,886.00 Points
Ah, nothing is impossible. I mean, yea, were likely not to see that happen ever but it is possible.

Post November 12th, 2005, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
On a joking matter, if that coaster from rcdb was the one they used. Hey its a Vekoma it "could" happen.

On a serious note, I've seen some people totally freaked out about the saftey of a coaster for whatever reason. People will see this movie, and I'm sure some will wonder if any of that is possible. I was completely amazed at all the specific saftey features built into all rides. Yes nothing is impossible, but you have a greater chance of death via pencil sharpener than you do with riding a roller coaster.

Post November 12th, 2005, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

Originally posted by jammin420s

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Originally posted by jammin420s

yeah the coaster is Corkscrew in a park in Canada. and i cant wait till this movie comes out.

Nope its probably Viper. I'm pretty sure of it.

Yeah i am definatly sure that is a coaster in Canada. I am obsessed with these movies and rollercoasters, i have actually been on that rollercoaster before, soooo yeah. Also, you guys are thinking this over WAY too much, if you have seen the first ones, you should know that death is stalking them and that even the most outrageous things can happen because of that. Jeez guys its a movie. Lighten up. I can wait for it to come out, for rollercoasters...and because it has Alexz Johnson in it![:D]

Alexz Johnson is in it?!?!?! sweet, i'll go see it now

Post November 12th, 2005, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,249.00 Points

the movie will probably be rated R as the other 2 were for very graphic guts and death and stuff. they had an article on this a few months ago on Thrillnetwork. i was ver interested. i liked the other movies and this should be pretty wicked. i saw a movie poster at the theatre the other day. the train was in a loop and the people in the front were screaming ond there was a pic of an evil skull on the head of the train. cant wait to see it...

Post February 6th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

I don't know what everyone else is talking about here, but the first two FD movies were absolutely awful. The deaths were so retarded like in the first one where the girl gets hit by a bus and the other one where the guy slips on toilet water and ends up hanging himself. Third one looks just as stupid as the rest and I'm amazed this series even made it to three movies. Why is a movie that only shows people dying good? There is absolutely no story line at all, it's not even scary. I don't know, just my opinion.

Post February 6th, 2006, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

You guys are so obsessed. I would be the guy in the movie theatre saying "I bet theres a coaster enthusiast bitching about this movie" because of all the mistakes.

We don't have many coaster movies so i say enjoy it and don't fecking anaylise the movie so much that when we see it were not going to enjoy it!

Post February 6th, 2006, 6:25 pm

Points on hand: 106.00 Points

Post February 6th, 2006, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,048.00 Points

SPOILER!!! SOURCE...CINEMAX "MAKING OF DOCUMENTARY"

ok ok ok, i just saw a making of documentary on Cinemax a few days ago, and they showed clips of the actual accident. Its terrifying, seriously. ok first off, the main character girl is sitting with her boyfreind's freind and she has a digital camera with pictures of her friends on it...during the ride the camera falls out of her hands and (the strap of the camera) wraps itself around the track rails. The train runs over the camera and that sets all the harnesses LOOSE!!!ALSO, the trains weels pop off (not all of them but some) So poeple are holding on for dear life and some are flying out of their seats and smashing into support beams. one person gets decapitated (im not sure how). Next (now i dont know exactly how this happens) but the train itslef splits in half...the front of the train flys forward and shoots off the track, the back of the train ( where the main character and her friend is) Keeps going and eventually ends up UPSIDE DOWN IN THE TOP OF A LOOP!!!! THEY ARE HOLDING THEMSLEVES IN AND TRYING TO PUSH THE TRAIN OUT OF THE LOOP. From there i have no idea but the next thing i know is that the girl ends up falling to her doom and lands on a section of track (OUCH)

Now you guys are wondering how the hell this can happen on a ride...remember these characters are at a carnival...never trust a carni ride lol second...these people are ment to die and these movies are about death and freak accidents. So deal with it!

Post February 6th, 2006, 11:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
its a 1,000,000,000 to 1 for all that to happen. Needless to say it is a horror film and people are going to see it for its enterainment value. I just feel bad for the poor ride host who has to convince some scared kid who saw the movie that all that stuff can't happen (at least highly unlikely) while all of their jack-ass friends keep bringing up that scene over and over again.

Post February 6th, 2006, 11:56 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Originally posted by Coaster indavidual

its a 1,000,000,000 to 1 for all that to happen. Needless to say it is a horror film and people are going to see it for its enterainment value. I just feel bad for the poor ride host who has to convince some scared kid who saw the movie that all that stuff can't happen (at least highly unlikely) while all of their jack-ass friends keep bringing up that scene over and over again.

Imagination, fun, excitement, all necesseties of having good movie critism, have some fun; stop being serious.

Post February 7th, 2006, 1:08 am

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
Looks like Corkscrew in Vancouver to me, and they edited in a loop (its obviously fake)

Though a 2 ton steel car going 50 mph would probably chop through a camera strap and or camera without and kind of bump what so ever, hey its a movie, directors hardly get reality and for a movie like final destination theres bound to be some bull shyt.
Gay sex is great! (Qwerty 18:22)

Post February 7th, 2006, 2:00 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
That video looks awsome cant wait till it comes out and i hope its better then # 1 and 2

Post February 13th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

The movie was the Sh*t!!!!! I watched it yesterday and it's awesome!!!It actually makes sense of the way the die on the coaster for those who believe it's impossible. What actually happens is the hydraulics that keep the restraint down gets damaged and they open up. It makes sense!!!Well everyone, you should watch it. It's CRAZY!!!

Spoiler: Ok the dude up there gave a little spoiler. But I need to fix it a bit. Ok the train goes up the chain lift and there are quiet a few people on the ride. The main character's friend's BF has a camera with him along with a pervered on the ride who has a camera too because he wants to catch the two girl's boobs in front of him while they go thru the loop.So what happens is that the hydraulics start making a leak that looks flmmable. SO anyway they go up the lift and they make a TALL drop(Seriously, this coaster is higher then it looks.) and whatever. So it goes thru a few hops and turns and then, thru the loop. What happens is that the dude drops his camera(The perv) and it gets hit by the train while it exits the loop causing the train to collide with it and the camera gets caught on the hydraulics that are leaking and sparks fly off. So now everyone is panicing. Then what happens it that it goes thru a few turns and W/e and now the hydraulics that keep the restraints compress open up and now it goes thru a bunny hop and some fly off and then two girls fly off and die along with the perv.and those other people. The train is now half as big. So yeha the restraints are open and they are trying their best to keep them closed. So now it's about to enter the (double, Triple?) cork and this black dude somehow gets off his seat and tries to hang on thru it while the train goes thru the cork. He makes it but somehow lets go once it goes thru the dbl. cork. he hits one of the beams I believe and gets badly hurt after that he falls VERY hard. Next the train makes a few more hops and turns and one part of the track looks damaged although ofcourse it couldn't make the train de track because the way its broken is difficult to explain but it does make sense. The onyl way the train would de-track is if it went backwards. So it goes thru the broken part but then it enters another loop. This time the train stalls on top of the loop and those who survive end up falling but two people.The main character and the boy whose the Main Characters friend's BF. So they BF pushes the train to go back so now it returns to the part where they entered the loop and remember the part about the damaged track? Well now they are gogn backwards thru it. SO the broken track collides with the train and the BF flies off and dies. Then the girl (MC) dies too but I forgot how.

Post February 13th, 2006, 2:21 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by italianpnoy112

The movie was the Sh*t!!!!! I watched it yesterday and it's awesome!!!It actually makes sense of the way the die on the coaster for those who believe it's impossible. What actually happens is the hydraulics that keep the restraint down gets damaged and they open up. It makes sense!!!Well everyone, you should watch it. It's CRAZY!!!

the opening restraints aren't the only thing going wrong with the coaster.

and from what i've heard restrains are build in that way that it takes hydraulica the get the restrains UP, not down. So if something went wrong the restaints would still stay in place. And they also open only in the station and brake runs because there're these sensor things, it was on nat.geo one time

Post February 13th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
lol @ camera causing sparks. Since when are cameras made of much metal to begin with? Even my Digital SLR is mostly plastic and composites.

It should be funny at best if I ever see it.

Post February 13th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

for people posting spoilers use spoiler tags [ spoiler ] text here [/ spoiler] that should make the text match the bg and stuff make sure to tell them to hihglight between the sections so they can read it, anyway off I go
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post February 13th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

Hey..With all that electiric stuff and all and the battery in it, there could b a chance that it might make sparks, but it's a movie =P

Post February 13th, 2006, 8:13 pm

A digital camera is nothing in comparison to a 4 ton steel train going 40 miles an hour.

Post February 14th, 2006, 1:53 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

and tracks don't shift, they're bolted with numerous bolts, they'll never get loose, unless you have the right equipment or a pneumatic claw

Post February 14th, 2006, 6:05 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by hyyyper

and tracks don't shift, they're bolted with numerous bolts, they'll never get loose, unless you have the right equipment or a pneumatic claw

Well, stupid construction workers that forget to put some bolts in there should work too [lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 14th, 2006, 6:19 pm

^ and ^^, guys guys, its a friggin Vekoma!!!!!

Post February 15th, 2006, 1:20 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Originally posted by hyyyper

Well, stupid construction workers that forget to put some bolts in there should work too [lol]

right, and the track is made of rubber?, corcks are like mostly all steelcoasters, created by molten steel inside a 'something' that is unique for that coaster, and steel doesn't bend, unless the sparks cause a supernova, afcourse

Post February 16th, 2006, 9:17 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414982/trivia

The on-ride footage was filmed onboard "Corkscrew", an Vekoma Corkscrew with bayerncurve, at Playland (Vancouver, Canada). The actual ride has an initial drop of 65ft and turns back around on itself before entering the double corkscrew, whilst the drop in the movie is 200ft, followed by a double corkscrew.

It's a film, the impossible is designed to happen.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post February 16th, 2006, 9:23 am

Points on hand: 985.00 Points
LOL but its a movie the whole story doesn't have to be believeable.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion