Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion 2006 Winter Olympics

2006 Winter Olympics

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 12th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
Winter is well over 6 months long, so what is the easiest sport to play with a lot of people in the winter? HOCKEY. We are also good at skiing and bobsled so dont try and diss us because we like Hockey, and in Canada, we dont call it Ice Hockey, its just Hockey, though we did not invent the game, we made it the way it is today!!
Gay sex is great! (Qwerty 18:22)

Post February 12th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Originally posted by english coaster guy

I like the hot girls in figure skating mmmmmmmmm.

LMAO

Post February 12th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Originally posted by Edge

^ No they wont

I dont understand Canadians facsination with Ice Hockey. Is it just due to the fact it's the only sport they are good at or what?

yeah, no one in North America calls it ice hockey. that is what brits or people who suck at the sport call it. canadians and minnesotaians and cool hip americans call it hockey, and love it because hockey kicks ass!

Post February 12th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Yea has anyone noticed how HOT all these female athletes are. I'm lovin it.

My favorite sport so far is luge, thats sooo cool how fast they go around those curves, upwards of 85mph sometimes!

Post February 14th, 2006, 1:02 am

I was watching the Luge, and they go FAST, one of the speed counters clocked them in going about 129 km/h!!!!!!

Superman: ROS at SFNE = 123.9 km/h

Son of Beast = 126.2 km/h

Silver Star = 127 km/h

Nitro = 128.7 km/h

Olympians = 130 km/h

Post February 14th, 2006, 1:04 am

I'd rather watch a summer Olympic like outdoor Volleyball in a very hot place to watch female athletes.

EDIT: Or maybe female outdoor gymnastics in a city on the equator.

Post February 14th, 2006, 2:38 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
The winter olympics are not that bad but its fun watching the luge go really fast and watch the hockey GoCanada Go

Post February 14th, 2006, 11:08 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

I watch the Winter Olympics for the figure skating, speed skating, downhill, super g, luge and slolom events. It seems like there's been quite a few accident for the American athletes though. Did you guys see the pairs figure skating last night? Oh man, that one girl from Japan (or China, I can't remember) really took a fall. Then she came back and finished the routine with her partner and they won the silver medal. Very cool.

Post February 14th, 2006, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Cool, I actually used to go figure skating lessons. Athlough I felt embarassed.

I would love to go down a toboggan run, it would be the ultimate thrill ride and beat the crap out of any ride at the fun fair. It pulls so many g's you have to hold your breath on the corners to support your body. [;)]

Post February 14th, 2006, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 3,853.00 Points
Yay, Finland won your allways-so-mighty-USA in curling [lol]

U.S.A! U.S.A! [lol]

Post February 14th, 2006, 3:10 pm

here is the count of the medals from now

Norway 11
Russia 8
U.S.A 6
Germany 4
Netherlands 3
Canada 3
South Korea 3
Italy 3
China 3
Finland 3
Sweden 2
France 2
autraia 2
Estonia 1
Czech Republic 1
Latvia 1
Switzerland 1

Post February 14th, 2006, 3:26 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Edge

^ No they wont

I dont understand Canadians facsination with Ice Hockey. Is it just due to the fact it's the only sport they are good at or what?

I think the facsination with Hockey, stems from the fact that it rules [lol]. I'm not even from anywhere near Canada and I have that opinion, it's fast paced, pretty much none stop action ... dare I say it, like a good football (soccer) match. Only with more violence [lol] Except for when a turkish football team are involved, then football (soccer) is the most violent sport on the planet, more violenterist even than the UFC! heh heh

Post February 14th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,853.00 Points
LoL, 13 seconds and Finland leads USA in womens hockey.

Again, I must do this: U.S.A! U.S.A! [lol][lol]

Post February 14th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Post February 14th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I watch the winter olympics just for something to do I like to watch the olympics just to see how the other countys atlets do in suports it is fun to watch becuse of the grils form the other couties like jpain and the other couties. I relly like the asain grils in the olympics and the other fmale alties. I don'nt rellt care which country has the most medels I just watch it for something to do and for fun. Its good to see the usa do good but I like to watch the other countys compete in the games. I like to see the uk do good in the olympics and itly I say Itly becuse they make the farri cars and becuse of the food they have there. I also like to see other alties form diffent coutryies compete in the olympics becuse it is fun to watch and it is cool to see the other couties alties compete in the games. I also falow the canda teme becuse they are near the usa. It dos'nt matter which conty has the most medies becuse all of the couties alites are good around the world not just the usa but the other couties alites are fun to watch becuse some of the stuff they do in the winter olympics is'nt here in the usa we have ice hocky and the is fun to watch to. I have to say good luck to all of the couties in the winter olympics I say this becuse not eveyone can compete in the winter olympics or the summer olympics they are fun to watch and sometimes inting.

Post February 14th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

We(US) won combined down hill with some guy that wasn't even Bode Miller. He got DQued! Anyways if you were watching the luge last night, there was 2 or 3 crashes, with three women getting airlifted to Torino's hospital.

Princess G, that was pretty cool to watch that chinese skater rebound. That was quite a long routine, and she even attempted another throw later in the routine. They deserved the silver IMO.

Post February 14th, 2006, 4:10 pm

ur right there chrisps its fun to watch the olympics just for fun and it doesnt made wut country win our not so its better just watching them on tv and not do a big deal about it but the 2010 will be so cool its in vancouver cant wait to see toes olymipcs perform

Post February 14th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I like to watch the bobsling in the winter olymics becuse it is fun to watch how fast the slid goes down the hill. I like the olymics becuse it is fun to watch I like to watch on tv becuse they show replays of what happed incase you missed it. I like the olympics becuse it a relly cool thing to watch on tv. I think that the sad part of the olymics is seeing the alites get huit in the olymics that is'nt good for that couty some of the suff they do in the olympics looks like fun but some of it looks like it whould hirt if you fell like the scing that whould hirt if you fell at 70mph or faster. I like to watch the olympics for fun and I like the olympics becuse it is a good thing to watch.

Post February 14th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Originally posted by thundermat

ur right there chrisps its fun to watch the olympics just for fun and it doesnt made wut country win our not so its better just watching them on tv and not do a big deal about it but the 2010 will be so cool its in vancouver cant wait to see toes olymipcs perform

Dude you really need to learn some grammer skills. Ive never seen toes performing at the olympics.

Post February 14th, 2006, 4:58 pm

Points on hand: 721.00 Points
Germany owns the netherlands AND Canada! This are really good olympcis [^]

Post February 14th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

We(US) won combined down hill with some guy that wasn't even Bode Miller. He got DQued! Anyways if you were watching the luge last night, there was 2 or 3 crashes, with three women getting airlifted to Torino's hospital.

Princess G, that was pretty cool to watch that chinese skater rebound. That was quite a long routine, and she even attempted another throw later in the routine. They deserved the silver IMO.

Dude it wasnt the throw that was impressive it was the double THEN triple toe-loop that was nuts. Crazy but sweet.

And Bode Miller is officially an idiot. First he parties all night before the downhill. That was obvious. Then he straddles a gate? Come on, he had a commanding lead he didnt need to do that.

BTW Its not the quantity of your medals that you go by IMO, its the Quality. In which case, USA is owning.

Post February 14th, 2006, 6:08 pm

I thought it was impressive that she did the throw, becuase thats what she got injured on at the beginning at the routine. The Russian couple first landed the throw. It was the spirit of the skater that impressed me.

Post February 16th, 2006, 8:26 pm

here is a other medel standing

Norway 13
Russia 11
Germany 10
United States 9
Canada 8
Austria 6
China 6
Italy 5
Finland 5
Sweden 4
France 4
Netherlands 4
Switzerland 4
South Korea 3
Estonia 2
Australia 1
Bulgaria 1
Croatia 1
Czech Republic 1
Great Britain 1
Slovakia 1
Latvia 1
Ukraine 1

Post February 16th, 2006, 8:52 pm

Norway is still on top? Wow, good job Norway.

EDIT: Lacrosse isnt in the Summer Olympics is it? Thats kinda sad, its a n awesome sport it can get brutal, but it is so much fun to play, and its fun to watch because of the large stick beatings. Canada's official summer sport not in the Olympics, it almost makes me cry...

Post February 16th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I don't think Lacrosse is a big enough sport to be recognized by the Olympics.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion