Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Final Destination 3

Final Destination 3

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 16th, 2006, 12:02 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
we coasterfreaks track down all the facts, for normal people it looks pretty real [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 16th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 985.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2006, 12:46 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^that's a good thing:

> ppl see the film
> ppl believe the coaster accident
> ppl are afraid to ride
> we get shorter lines!

Post February 16th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Points on hand: 985.00 Points
Yeah but i dont think the que will be much shorter.

Post February 16th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,603.00 Points

Something peeps dont realy pay much attention too either is that this is at a Carnival, not a real theme park. Which means that this coaster was meant to be one those transportable rides, that get dismantled, transported, and reassembled very often. Infact we have one down here in Miami at our annual fair. Its the same ride without a dbl cork. Yea we have a schwar..... look-alike and the movie shows a Vekoma, but what percentage of the audience will really know that much about coasters. Remember they aint making it for the Coaster peeps, but for the Gen Public. Plus we all know what kind of maintenance the carnival rides get. All im saying is even if it isnt possible WHO CARES go out and see it anyways then tell me if you hate it. I saw the movie and personally i loved, and the coaster scene is only ONE part of the movie. Its only bout 10 mins of a 90 min movie. I personally found the whole movie hilarious except for the girls getting the tans (that got to me).

Post February 16th, 2006, 2:37 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^well, we're not coaster entousiast for nothing, but it's not that we care, it's just like science nerd complaining about star trek....

Post February 23rd, 2006, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,024.00 Points
if you had to do the rollercoaster scene accident what would be the best way to do it or the most realistic? I cant really think of a way where everyone dies except maybe a part of the track is up in the movie except on both side and the train flies off and the whole coaster falls from a great height nad everyone dies.

Post February 24th, 2006, 4:20 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

simply, you can't crash a coaster like this...everything that could go wrong on a coaster is taken care of so that coasters don't crash

a possibitly perhaps is that the train brakes in two sections and when in a loop seperate and then crash into each other, but that won't kill anyone

if ppl get killed on coasters, it's mostly there own fault

Post February 24th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,024.00 Points
I never said like they did it in the movie i said is there any real life possibility of a coaster crashing killing everyone. come on there has got to be away. Maybe construction on another ride pole falls smashes track to side coaster train flies off. Which i dont think there really is but hey whatever.

Post February 24th, 2006, 5:20 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post February 26th, 2006, 6:01 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
There is a loop, and they either computer generated the rest of the coaster or it's taken from another coaster, because after seeing the movie I can tell you it's easily one of the longest coasters (in time) that I've ever seen. And there is a loop, the train guts caught in in until two people fall out.

And the whole thing with the hydraluic fluid leaking is bullshit, along with the track un-aligning itself and the wheels popping off.

Short story - unrealistic but a good movie :)

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion