Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion what does bush think he's doing?

what does bush think he's doing?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 9th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
if you haven't heard lately, bush is pretty much lessining America as america, and more as other countries.

he is going to sign a bill that would make a company ran by the government of the united arab emirates the controller of our 6 biggest ports. what the hell is he doing?

he is also renewing the patriot act which lets government (cops, fbi, etc.) detain you for however long they want without a warrant or evidence that you ever did anything. not to mention a few other things it takes away from us.

i don't know about you, but i think its time bush left

Post March 9th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I think theres more important things in life than worrying what the president is doing.

Post March 9th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

^^ I agree. Out of all the presidents assasinated, I wish it was him, not that Cheney is any better...

edit: check out bushgame.com if you havent already, entertaining and fun!

Post March 9th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
You're a couple weeks late.
And if you acctually read a newspaper, you wold know this:"Dubai-owned company signaled surrender Thursday in its quest to take over operations at U.S. ports"

Post March 9th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

^I think that is going a bit too far...

If you don't like Bush that much, then you can always get involved with the political parties or even start your own. Or you can always move.

Post March 9th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:01 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

seems like you guys have not read todays news and the info coming from the Dubai company eh?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Originally posted by hyperdude

if you haven't heard lately, bush is pretty much lessining America as america, and more as other countries.

he is going to sign a bill that would make a company ran by the government of the united arab emirates the controller of our 6 biggest ports. what the hell is he doing?

he is also renewing the patriot act which lets government (cops, fbi, etc.) detain you for however long they want without a warrant or evidence that you ever did anything. not to mention a few other things it takes away from us.

funny thing is, he DESERVES to be immpeached. but the only problem is that the republicans control the government, and unless bush pisses them off more, he will remain in office.

quiet frankly, i wouldnt blame bush...id blame the people that reelected him.

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by hyperdude

Form the mouth of a 14 year old ... yeah, big opinion there that truly matters to all involved here. The Patriot Act is what helped catch Moussaoui (http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/09/mouss ... index.html) you freaking n00b. Pay attention bozo. However, you might want to look up the terms of the Presidency and you will see he will be leaving soon enough, and then you can begin to assume the position in prayer that a Democrat does not get into the house. Else, you might want to start saving now to pay for your mommy's social security, because if the Dems have their way, it will not be there for her and she will be living with you and your half-breed sister.

Ragan, he has done nothing to be impeached - unlike our last Democratic President who decided to get a knob job in the oval office from an intern. Come to think of it ... at one time you were almost regarded as having some knowledge, now, you are joining the ranks of the mentally ignorant. You too should also learn about the terms of the presidency, and a quick review of Constitutional Law might benefit you as well ... at least, it will keep you from looking like a complete arse.

Hepta, you should glance at things like Federal Law for threatening or wishing harm on the President of the United States ...

However, for those saying President Bush is not doing anything ... as WWS said you might want to pull your heads out of your arses and pay attention to the news.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/09/ ... index.html

What he is doing is tightening up National Security, something else that the Democratic Party says we don't need. Like, when Clinton was briefed that Osama Bin Laden was a threat to the US and he chose to ignore it. And well, we all know what he did in 2001. I guess maybe the sounds of the hummer he was getting was blocking out the common sense waves.

Dang, what a bunch of retarded n00bs you sound like.

Oh yeah, all three of you just got owned ... so shut up and move onto another thread. [stupid]

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

yea I gotta agree with you Tcon, but I gotta say that was kinda harsh. I mean sure they're kids who opened their mouths without knowing first, but would you rather them try and develop an opinion on this kinda stuff or just sit back and let it all happen?

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Sure enough SMer, it was harsh ... but since they have access to www.coastercrazy.com -- you would think they would know how to look at www.cnn.com as well and learn a bit for themselves before starting a thread filled with assumptions supported by inaccurate facts. It frightens me to think about what is actually taught in schools today in regards to current events ....
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:49 pm

ok so i'm sorry that 30 minutes after i wake up i have to go to school so i can't read the paper or watch the news or anything of that sort but i do have a radio on while i'm eating breakfast that has KNX 1070 on (if you live in LA, you knwo what i'm talking about probably) and as of this morning they said bush was still going to sign it, so i'm sorry, but i'm just going of the news i have

and tcon--i'm not stupid

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Oh my gosh .... you are actually blaming your post on the fact that you haven't time to read the news before school??? How stupid do you think I am? Here is an idea -- stop listening to the half-baked opinions of others and then trying to spew it back out as your own. Instead, research your information and facts and develop your own views on an issue. I honestly believe you are not stupid man ... try acting that way.

Post March 9th, 2006, 9:29 pm

its not my fault the biggest news radio station in LA owned by cbs and viacom got their facts wrong
and i'm sorry if you think i'm a total sucker for repeating what everyone says without doing my own research, but the last time i checked, they were still signing it, so i thought what the radio said was right

but now i see i was wrong

Post March 9th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

I think theres more important things in life than worrying what the president is doing.

Other things are important, but still...the president has control over your country. I think thats pretty important.

Post March 9th, 2006, 9:59 pm

Does he? Hes a puppet.

Plus its not important enough for me to worry and fret over what hes doing. Hell do his thing, Ill do mine. If I spend time constantly following him its taking time away from things more important in my life and others.

Maybe if Americans took more stock in each other and put more time into each other instead of frivolous things like this the country would be more functional.

It starts with the people - not the President. He can do anything but if the people dont care or dont act like they should its all for a loss. And if all people do are react to him and look to him for what they need, thats sad.

Post March 9th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterguy77

Originally posted by Real

Other things are important, but still...the president has control over your country. I think thats pretty important.

Anyone who says that the president has control over the country, obviously has no clue what they are talking about.

The US government is set up with three main branches, Executive (president and cabinet), Legislative (Congress, house of reps), and the Judicial (Supreme Court). There is a fairly complex system of checks and balances, that are inplace to not allow one branch of the government to gain too much control.

Post March 9th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Also worth mentioning is the fact that politics never unites people...always divides. Im also though fascinated by how politics controls people in general though. All throughout time, its always been the same and always will be.

Not that you didnt already know that. Its just good to remember.

Post March 9th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I didn't meen complete control like a dictator or something, but he definatly has some.

Post March 9th, 2006, 10:30 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Post March 10th, 2006, 12:30 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
i dont know why ur complaning about this, cause we have one us that is controling by that place too. And its in Vancouver u canot complain about it it people like us.

Post March 10th, 2006, 12:42 am

Originally posted by TConwell

Sure enough SMer, it was harsh ... but since they have access to www.coastercrazy.com -- you would think they would know how to look at www.cnn.com as well and learn a bit for themselves before starting a thread filled with assumptions supported by inaccurate facts. It frightens me to think about what is actually taught in schools today in regards to current events ....

I'm not exactly sure how it is at other schools, but I go to a somewhat "upperclass" school (I guess you could call it), and some teachers (my World Cultures teacher zum Beispiel) are big on that kind of stuff. However, that is my "upperclass" school. Public schools tend to be larger so teachers obviously have more to handle. Thus, the teachers, by human nature, tend to focus more on the "normal school stuff" instead of going the extra step and teaching them something not normally required.

Post March 10th, 2006, 12:49 am

Originally posted by thundermat

i dont know why ur complaning about this, cause we have one us that is controling by that place too. And its in Vancouver u canot complain about it it people like us.

yea I uhh couldn'ta underuhh standum, could u justuhh yea...what?

Post March 10th, 2006, 12:57 am

the only thing I can say about bush and his situation is that I hope the next president has more sense and can prioritize what he(/she) needs to do/fix to get this country back in order. In the words of a wise man, "The time for the end of american arrogance is at hand."

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion