Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster 'Free nodes' & Elements

'Free nodes' & Elements

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 10th, 2006, 10:45 am

Points on hand: 2,037.00 Points
Hi All

I've just been using no limits for a short while now and have a couple of problems I wonder if someone could help me with please :-)

1)When you use 'insert element' is it possible to have the section of track added at the same angle the track is already going ?
ie..If the track is decending down at a 45 deg. angle how ever I try to add an element section it will be just added at a horizontal position to the track (VERY frustrating)

2)On making custom supports I can use the nodes ok, ie a 'fudement node on the ground + tube section + normal node to the track'

What I can't do is use the 'free node' I just can't get a free node to connect to a tube, it just always ends up in 'space' is there a 'trick' to this.I presume this is how people make 'fancy' supports by using the free nodes and extra tubing,or is this not correct ?

Thanks for any advice.
Best regards
Andy :-)

Post March 10th, 2006, 10:54 am

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
for the elements--build your own, there is no solution to your problem and premade elements usually suck

and i dont know anything about supporting so we'll just wait for the next reply

Post March 10th, 2006, 11:58 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by hyperdude

for the elements--build your own, there is no solution to your problem and premade elements usually suck

and i dont know anything about supporting so we'll just wait for the next reply

he could have made the element himself and wan't to insert it in another coaster

for the angling and inclining for elements see the construction-kit from http://www.gravimetricstudios.com

as for the support system,

there are 3 nodes

1. rail nodes, click on the rail to place the rail node
2. free nodes, click anywhere to place the free node and edit the location in the other views
3. fundament nodes, click (in top view) on the ground and a footer with a node will appear

as for supporting, the select a tube and drag a line from node to node and you have a tube

Post March 10th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by hyperdude

Actually ... while you are partly correct, there is a solution. Skill at working in NL can turn a prefab piece of junk into a pumpless thing of wonder. However, making your own elements is always best as you know what you are getting at from the very beginning since it is yours, IMO.

Post March 10th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
The best way to ensure your free nodes are where you want them is to highlight either the track node or fundament and then place the free node. This will ensure the free node is in the right place.

Post March 11th, 2006, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 2,037.00 Points
Hi

Thanks everyone for the replies.

As for making my own elements I just find it way to difficult to make them smooth and really don't understand how you are meant to make a perfect circle or 'arc' etc.
You would think there would be a feature so that you could highlight x no. of vertex and then select 'make a circle' or such like.
It's very clever software I admit but as user friendly as Joe bloggs trying to fix a dodgy space shuttle.

Re the free nodes, sorry I probably didn't explain proprerly.

I can use all three types etc but I was thinking that you can 'attach' the free nodes to a support tube that is already there to make a more complex or 'stronger' support.
If you can't I don't understand what they are for.
Sorry for being dim !

Lastly if I do add an elememt section it always seems to 'add' a bump in the track on the joining vertex,whats the best way to get rid of a small bump?
If you look at the track at any angle it looks perfect but ride it (real or 3d) and you get the horrible bump.Trying to get rid of it just normally makes it all worse.

Regards
Andy

Post March 11th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Ok, well, with the free nodes, to "attach" another support to an existing tube all you have to do is place a free node right on that tube using the method I described above. Then place another fundament and connect the free node and the fundament.

Here's an example from my coaster Cobalt:

Image Insert:
130.28 KB

Return to No Limits Coaster