Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 Problem

Problem

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post January 16th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 69.00 Points
Ok, about a month and a half ago we got a virus on our computer[:(!] and since RCT3 has stopped working. i keep getting a message that say DirectX can not be found. I hace reinstalled the disk and I have downloaded DirectX from the microsoft site. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Post March 30th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,303.00 Points
My suggestion would be to try using a restore point first. You want to go back to a time prior to when the virus struck your PC. If that doensn't work, as a last resort, you might have to reformat your hard drive and reinstall everything.

Post March 30th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Doing the above is a bit drastic. Does RCT3 load up at all? Can you get into the settings section on it?

Post March 31st, 2006, 3:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,303.00 Points
Actually, the restore point isn't all that drastic. I've had to do it a couple of times just on general principles. Doing this doesn't delete anything from your hard drive. But if you installed a program since that restore point, Windows won't recognize it. You'll have to reinstall it. As for data/pics and other types of files, they're still there, it's just that Windows doesn't have a record of you creating/using/modifying them. You should still be able to use them as normal without any problems though. [Provided they aren't associated with a now 'uninstalled' program.]

Having to reformat your hard drive is what's drastic. It should be your last resort.

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3