Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising [NL] "Ultimate Nightmare: The Lost Coaster"

[NL] "Ultimate Nightmare: The Lost Coaster"

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post October 12th, 2003, 9:25 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I briefly touched on this coaster in my "Fall Coaster Projects" topic, but now I will share some of the official ride specs and the constraints that this coaster was built in.

This coaster was my contest entry for the 2nd round of the match-up contest back in April. I had spent all week, 30 hours, working on my coaster, Ultimate Nightmare. Smoothing it was a bear, and it was nearly impossible knocking g-forces down to limits. Then, the track work was done. I had finally done it. All I had to do was add the supports, and I would have the coaster that could beat GFA, and earn me a ticket to the semifinals. Then, the computer locked up, and I had to unplug it to unfreeze it. When I got back on the computer, and tried to open the track file, it was gone. 35 hours of coaster building and perfecting was gone. I reeled, and fell to my knees and begged the computer to give the file back to me. But, the computer would not listen. It has been 6 months since I lost the file. And now, it's coming back. With that said, I proudly present "Ultimate Nightmare: The Lost Coaster".

The guidelines for the contest can be found at this page. http://www.weeweeslap.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=837&whichpage=1

Basically, the rules are very simple... build a coaster inside a 250 ft X 250 ft grid, which has 11 rings spaced throughout it. The coaster track must pass through at least 6 of the rings, and no track or support work is allowed outside the box. The coaster must be at least 125 ft tall, none of the rings can be altered or moved in any way, the track must pass through all 3 of the brake segments in the center of the template, and the brake segments cannot be moved in any way.

Ultimate Nightmare lives up to its name. It starts out by turning up 90 degrees, and launches you from 0 to 70 mph with a force of 3 g's. Then, the train rolls over 180 degrees, and crests up over the top at its maximum height of 235 feet. Then, it's a mad race through the rings, and through 10 inversions at a top speed of 80 mph. Then, the train used to slow down alot through the course of the brakes... but I have changed all that. There is a bonus surprise ending... a second vertical LIM launch, shooting you back up to 150 ft, and an incredibly fast, wickedly intense finale, leading up to a maze of supports, and the amazing end to a phenominal coaster experience. I hope you are all ready, because in just a matter of days, I will unleash the craziest thrill machine ever built... "Ultimate Nightmare: The Lost Coaster". Coming soon to coastercrazy.com and CoasterCrazy.com. Are You Ready To Face The Fear?

STAY TUNED!
Last edited by G Force Addict on October 13th, 2003, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Track Advertising