Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Immigration Issues in this Nation

Immigration Issues in this Nation

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 10th, 2006, 9:34 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

With all the hub-bub going on these days surrounding the immigration statures and proposed laws, I thought this would be appropriate today to remind those involved of where this nation used to stand on this issue ...

Insert:[/b]
63.63 KB
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Imagine that, showing and demonstrating loyalty to the nation that provides you the freedom to protest and be annoying ... interesting concept, eh?
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post April 10th, 2006, 9:40 am

Points on hand: 3,415.00 Points

Theodore Roosevelt is definitely the best president of all time. I agree 110% with that speech.

Post April 10th, 2006, 2:54 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

the hell with assimilation.. it sounds nice but when someone says "ASSIMILATE" they mean.. try hard and maybe you can be like me.. i guess i can be tagged as a memeber of the "cult of multiculturalism". i don't believe in the myth of the melting pot, i sure as hell don't want to EVER have to march in step with ANYONE ever again.... i live 15 miles from the border, in san diego. i work in the lawn and garden industry. i repair machines for these people, and if they cannot speak english i'll do my best to speak spanish, it doesn't bother me at all. id rather live in a world where it was somewhat inconvenient to communicate verbaly with some people than in a world where everyone was the same.
ted roosevelt was a good leader, and did much for our foreign policy when it was almost non-existent, but he was a nationalist.. and sadly, that, for me, detracts somewhat from his greatness.. this speach is an example..

Post April 10th, 2006, 3:14 pm

I just want everyone that I am not racist in any way. It has nothing to do with skin color or anything like that, but the fact that our country cannot handle illegal immigrants on top of the millions of poor peple we already have. This country is packed like sardines as it is, and there are still millions of American citizens with no jobs and no homes. We don't need more people coming in looking for jobs. Besides, if these illegal immigrants end up getting jobs at places like stores and food joints, they will be slow and incompetent, partly because of their inability to speak or language, and also their lack of experience with jobs. It is not the immigrants' fault, I don't blame them for wanting to live here. It is the liberals I am angry at because they are running protests in cities like Boston to allow immigration. It's one thing that some of our tax money goes to the poor, but it's completely stupid to let even MORE minorities in and then they'll probably raise our taxes even more!

That's my two cents. I will be happy to debate anyone.

Post April 10th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Immigration sucks complete ass.

That speech was in-deed quite inspiring yeah!
But it doesnt compare to 'Martin Luther Kings' civil rights speech "I Have A Dream".
Thats wot u wanna hear!

Post April 10th, 2006, 3:23 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Bowserjoe

I just want everyone that I am not racist in any way. It has nothing to do with skin color or anything like that, but the fact that our country cannot handle illegal immigrants on top of the millions of poor peple we already have. This country is packed like sardines as it is, and there are still millions of American citizens with no jobs and no homes. We don't need more people coming in looking for jobs. Besides, if these illegal immigrants end up getting jobs at places like stores and food joints, they will be slow and incompetent, partly because of their inability to speak or language, and also their lack of experience with jobs. It is not the immigrants' fault, I don't blame them for wanting to live here. It is the liberals I am angry at because they are running protests in cities like Boston to allow immigration. It's one thing that some of our tax money goes to the poor, but it's completely stupid to let even MORE minorities in and then they'll probably raise our taxes even more!

That's my two cents. I will be happy to debate anyone.
(this re-re-re-re-rebroadcast of the "rush limbaugh show" was brought to you by bowserjoe, albeit a little different than the original)

Post April 10th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

On this whole issue I stand on the fact if your hear legaly and went threw the proper channels, great welcome to america, if your here illegaly and are trying to defraud the system by numerous ways not paying taxes and still getting money from uncle same, get your ass back over that dam fence. I walked into a cicis the other day and hate to fight for my food against 2000 mexicans buying one plate and feeding there 16 kids, I mean come on they had to find a dam person who could speak english to take the order. Thats the other thing, the mexicans dont want to learn english they come over here thinking were gonna speak spanish. The US has some very big holes its policys and they need to get fixed, we spend 20 billion a year on illegals education, another 50 billion on there healthcare and housing. My familly imigrated from Irelend in 1907, my great grandfather went threw all the legal channels and honesty filled out the application and had a sponser. The illegals jump the fence 6 months pregnant and because the kid is born in US hes citizen so they give family citizen ship to. COme on people, its time for the US government to upgrade to service pack 2.

DITTO!

Post April 10th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Wow, I completely agree with jayman here. And guys, an illegal immigrant that came here from Mexico most likely isn't here to "defraud the system," just to try to get out of poverty and make a better living than they could back home. Sure there are people who come here to sell drugs and whatnot, but for the most part its people trying to make better lives for themselves and their children. People come to the US for the same reasons they have for hundreds of years.

Post April 10th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I agree with that, but that's not necessarily what's going on here now. Currently we have illegal immigrants living here that are sucking our funds from free health insurance and schools, they don't pay taxes often and the other half of the time they can't because they're being paid sub-minimum wages at jobs that they legally shouldn't be working at in the first place because they're illegal. If people want to come here and be full-fledged American citizens, then do so, but do it legally and with righteousness.

Post April 10th, 2006, 6:16 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Free health insurance?, direct me to the place to get free health care cuz I am tired of paying $100+ each time I go to the doc and I am a U.S citizen. Funds from school? Thought the school system got $8 per kid that was in school, though must have been a lie by all my teacher back in the wee years of middle and HS and how they complained when we missed cuz school did not make all the $ they could have make. Anyway I am writing up something here for this topic, I'll be back.
Bowserjoe, you sir, are stupid.
FYI, this website is ran by a Mexican U.S. Citizen that was born in the U.S. by illegals, I'll be back shortly
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 10th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

here is my two cents.

the illegals are welcome by all means to come into this country, all imo they need to do is, get a job, and b), speak english. that is all i have to say on this matter. if they have a job and can speak english, i have absoutley no problem with them here.

the job aspect for me is necessary, because a job is necessary if you are an adult, unless you are filthy rich. you need to have your apartment, and you need to beable to feed your money back into the system with buying products and what not.

speaking english is also necessary. if i cant understand what the hell you are saying, imo you have no right to be in this country. we shouldnt have to learn spanish just so we can understand you. our country, our language. your country, your language.

Post April 10th, 2006, 6:37 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Bowserjoe - you are officially the site moron and idiot and imbecil and most love up member of this website. My hats off to your stupidity, fyi, this site is owned by someone who was borned from illegal immigrants. Cheers Bowserjoe.

I am cool with topics like this, just ticks me off when people like bowser reply and generalise.

On the topic of immigration I will spill my story, of course my story is not like the most in the field per say but here's mine.
My parents migrated to the U.S. ilegally. My dad was the first to come. My dad had an alcohol problem and got jobs and would lose them soon after due to his alcoholic problem. Anyways he managed to save up some money and all and then headed back to Mexico and brought mom over. {note I was not in the planning stages yet, as far as they say I was a mistake} So they come back again ilegally and start working again. Pops with same alcohol problems and all, mom got work at a dry cleaners and then some laundry type place. Making minimum wage both of them living in LA in a 1 bedroom house, kitchen, one bathroom where 8 other people also lived. All relatives etc. Then pops got into the work type of roofing, he managed to sustain that job because he ended up seeing it was well paying, though he still lost a couple of them due to missing work from being drunk etc and finally landed a partnership type with some white dude named Daviz Kaklovitch and went steady on working with him and making banging good money ( $1,300+ a week when minimum wage was I think $3.50 an hour ) Anyway, I was then uhmmm formed up as a mistake and in August 14th I popped out, sad to say that my last the next day fell into the hospital due to cirrosis of the liver, spent 45 days in the hospital and mom went home after giving birth to me. But even though they were illegals they never applied for welfare or sticked it to the hospital, all bills paid in cash. Hence I say work and save cuz you gonna need $ some day. Moving on, pops recuperated after spending 45 days in crtitical condition and like another 10 in normal care and then sent out. Now unemployed an with a bag hanging out of his side to get the wastes out they were sadded by seeing where his drinking had landed them. So he tried to quit, took some pills, quit for a bit then started up again. Then tried again with some illegally smuggled medications from the US, cuz well US docs were to expensive. The hospital bills crushed them financially. Sooo he took the pills got better and started working again after 6 months of recuperating, mom got back to work month after having me, I was given to be taken care of by friend etc. They sent me before sun rose and picked me up after sundown, after they had come back from work. In 1987 both of them became legal residents. All the while paying taxes with a tax ID. By 87 pops had saved up enough csh to buy the home we are in now, was a 1 bedroom place, one bath, one living room, one kitchen and big backyard, nowadays after couple of room additions and modifications the house is 4 rooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, laundry room,one living room. Mom got a steady job at a clothing factory and pops worked self employeed on roofing, still does at times. He knows a little English, like they say, only whatever he needs to make it in work. Mom lost her job in 03 due to the company downsized to 100 employees and kicking of the other 700 it had ( being real here ). She's been on and off jobs for the past few years, pops has settled down a bit and is doing roof maintenance now. Nevertheless to say most of their lifes they have worked hard contrary to the comments bowseridiot made here. I have worked with my dad since 1992 full time when I was on any type of vacation from school. In 1992 I was 11 years old and making more moola than most kids my age. I workedfrom 5 am till 7pm with a 20 minute break for lunch and rest installing roofs. I worked installing shingles, tles, hot mop, and torch down. Up from 1 story flat houses to 16 story hotel on a 8/12 pitch with two piece style and sawing the mofos where the run off made it literally inpossibly to stand and not slip. You tell me that immigrants are incapebale of working hard, you sir would die from embrassment to see what my peers of legality do in terms of work. now, let's place it in your perspective.
Besides, if these illegal immigrants end up getting jobs at places like stores and food joints, they will be slow and incompetent, partly because of their inability to speak or language, and also their lack of experience with jobs.

I have worked in the liquor business for 2 and a half years now. I kick ass where I work, I am the poop there. I hustle in there and the work I am to do. Everyone that has gotten a job there, with the exception of two have been lazy, incompetent, stupid, arrogant, unwilling to do the work. These are your legal folk, I've had white guys, asians, mexicans, salvadoreans, cubans, and blacks come and go all in the span of one day to one week of working there. My job is not hard and their job is even less. Now, let's talk about thw two exceptions, these two did last but alas, they had to go cuz they found better jobs but they worked just as hard as I wanted them to... and wer eillegal as well. All the other (R)'s were legal, U.S. educated and fed americans and all of them complained of the hard work. Americans nowadays have turned into pussies for all I care. Everyone I talk to complains that they are tored work, I ask what work they do and pussy jobs I get. Bad mouth I may be but I can hold my ground and have the expoerience to say what I have said. I am all for sending all these illegals back if all they come for is to abuse of the system, but leave the ones that are here to actually work. You complain about them taking your jobs? Well, would you work in the strawberry fields for minimum wage. Would you clean toilets for minimum wage? Would you work in construction for slightly higher than minimum wage? Would you mind getting on your knees and working for minimum wage? I think most of you wouldn't. They're not taking your jobs... they're taking the jobs that the legal people don't want to do. Open your brain before you speak that they have taken your job, and if they did take your job, odds is you are too stupid to have not gotten the job in the first place. People whine a lot and yet have experienced so little. I have left tons upon tons of detail here, which if I added I'd probably takes pages and pages for me to write. I am one who can say bowserjoe is [r] and should he kicked into the crowd of Mexicans.
sff, you're my host and all but:
The illegals jump the fence 6 months pregnant and because the kid is born in US hes citizen so they give family citizen ship to.

Is wrong, never has happened! Prove it to me that it does happen!
And another thing, all these[r]'s in the protests waving flags from Mexico and other countries should be shot, why fly the flag of another country if they are fighting to stay here, stupid immigrants fly the flag of the US for the country you wish to stay in. And last but sadly, most of the population thinks that immigrant = mexican or latino. It only takes a few [r]'s to love the whole thing up for the entire race.
Paradox wrote:

Post April 10th, 2006, 6:41 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by ragan

speaking english is also necessary. if i cant understand what the hell you are saying, imo you have no right to be in this country. we shouldnt have to learn spanish just so we can understand you. our country, our language. your country, your language.

learn to speak Navajo, the native american sitting in the corner there reading this does not understand English, afterall he was here before America was discovered and invaded by the Brits. After all the brits came here for a better life.
Paradox wrote:

Post April 10th, 2006, 7:02 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

My opinion:

You come over, work your ass off, and make a decent living, got no problem with you.

Post April 10th, 2006, 7:54 pm

I have been waiting all day for the following statement -- and not surprisingly, it came from the one person I thought it would. Ready?

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

And another thing, all these[r]'s in the protests waving flags from Mexico and other countries should be shot, why fly the flag of another country if they are fighting to stay here, stupid immigrants fly the flag of the US for the country you wish to stay in.

That my friends, is the crux of the ENTIRE thing. Pick your battles and stick to your loyalties ... but stop (pardon the pun) fence jumping because it gets you on the news. You look like a moron, and smell like one too.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post April 10th, 2006, 8:57 pm

learn to speak Navajo, the native american sitting in the corner there reading this does not understand English, afterall he was here before America was discovered and invaded by the Brits. After all the brits came here for a better life.

yeah, i know present day english is not the native tounge of these lands....but that doesnt matter. english is what everyone speaks, english is the official language of the United states. but my point is, if you were to move to france, you would be expected to speak french. if you moved to italy, you should be speaking italian. understand what i mean? whereever you go/move to you should speak the language everyone speaks.

Post April 10th, 2006, 9:31 pm

yeah, i know present day english is not the native tounge of these lands....but that doesnt matter. english is what everyone speaks, english is the official language of the United states. but my point is, if you were to move to france, you would be expected to speak french. if you moved to italy, you should be speaking italian. understand what i mean? whereever you go/move to you should speak the language everyone speaks.

I definitely agree with that. And WWS, do you really think I care what you think of me? And apparently you think I'm gay? How immigration ties into sexual orientation is beyond me!

Post April 10th, 2006, 9:42 pm

gross! bowser agrees with me

*suddenly changes position on this topic* [;)]

Post April 10th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Didn't we ban bowser? Hm, gotta check the logs on that.

Post April 10th, 2006, 10:22 pm

unfortuanlly i believe he is still here. and OMG its its its your 1999th post!

Post April 10th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Why should we kick out people who love America and work their asses off, then walk down the street and give money to some lazy bum on the side of the street who hates his country and has no motivation whatsoever. Seems to me that before we worry about the people who come here and want to work, we should worry about the people already here who arent working by choice. If ever there were a good example of mixed priorities in politics, this would be it IMO.

Post April 10th, 2006, 11:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

One thing that pisses me off is how those who are debating against immigration think it's ok to kick off illegal people who came here to American to live a better life. I understand how America is sitting in the situation where america has to protect itself from terrorists but there are many illegals who are working there asses off tryin to make a livin for themselves and other people. For one thing, who da hell would pick the vegetables and fruits at a farm if illegals werent here in america. I dont see citizens of america workin at farms makin a livin. instead they are workin on somethin more professional like engineerin,firefitin, etc. Anyway dats just my 2 cents..

Post April 11th, 2006, 2:21 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

all in favor in making bowserjoe an illegal immigrant over the web and deport him out of wws say eh!
Paradox wrote:

Post April 11th, 2006, 2:25 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

In all respects msot of the hispanic speaking mofos who are here legally don't speak Spanish. If you require them to speak English entering this country, file a complaint with the INS and tell them to only accept people who can speak English. That is the INS's fault for not thinking through their plan. Now since they [r]e'ed that only best suited is for a halfway point. Like my father, I recommend we all learn enough Spanish to get through with the growing Spanish community and all hispanics to learn enough English to get them through in this rough life. What sucks though is that only the Hispanic communities seem to cre about these laws being revived. I have yet to see an asian or African in these protest, but why should they, INS officials always chase the brown. They only follow others when pointed out with proof else they don't care.
Paradox wrote:

Post April 11th, 2006, 2:54 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

[lol] @ my last post
Paradox wrote:

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion